Robert William

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

It seems "limited" with all of its associated weaknesses and meanings does not do

righteous justice to Yahweh's unlimited grace, "without measure", joy "without measure", peace "without measure", and righteousness "without measure" all poured out immeasurably from His Throne (Plan, Judgment, Mercy, Choice, )

through and in and with the incomprehensible totally eternal before all time and through all time and after all time is gone LIFE,  RESURRECTION LIFE IN JESUS ! 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

If Christ died for only a specific few, how do you know objectively from Scripture (without basing it on, or resorting to, some type of personal experience), that He died for you?

Scripture does not teach Universal Atonement, it teaches that the majority of mankind will end up in the eternal lake of fire.

1 minute ago, Robert William said:

Scripture does not teach Universal Atonement, it teaches that the majority of mankind will end up in the eternal lake of fire.

I know because of my born-again experience, and there is nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Well, Mormons can equally claim salvation by their burning bosom.

My life was miraculously changed from a God-hating party animal heathen to a new creature in Christ.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

So was mine, but that gets us nowhere since I believe Christ died for all and you hold to a few.

I know He died for me since He died for all, you must resort to something outside God's Word like your inner experience. Which do you think is more enduring, our experience or His objective Word?

Yow, you're not thinking, if Jesus Christ literally Atoned for the sins of ALL humans then nobody could end up in the lake of fire!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

Yashua draws ALL just as the scripture plainly says; however not all eat of Him. How do you explain Judas the traitor. Judas was clearly drawn to Messiah, but then chose against Him (Judas chose death, not life). Many will also make this choice, but all will have a choice to make... If they are not drawn by the Father to the place where they must make a choice, then He would never be justified in condemning them to death. Theology, in this case, would makes YAHWEH out to be unjust. Our Almighty One is eternally Just. Glory to YAHWEH!!

Edited by Justin Adams

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Flawed logic. Abraham Lincoln proclaimed freedom for all slaves but many did not believe and remained in servitude.

Christ died for all, but faith is still required for the benefit of His death to be applied.

Again you bypass the depravity of man in relation to the gospel and God.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Flawed logic. Abraham Lincoln proclaimed freedom for all slaves but many did not believe and remained in servitude.

Christ died for all, but faith is still required for the benefit of His death to be applied.

Here we go again if Christ Atoned for the sins of ALL humans then ALL humans are sinless in the eyes of God, and nobody can end up in the eternal lake of fire.

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Limited Atonement (Particular Redemption)

Limited Atonement is a doctrine offered in answer to the question, "for whose sins did Christ atone?" The Bible teaches that Christ died for those whom God gave him to save (John 17:9)

Joh 17:9  I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine...  Christ died, indeed, for many people, but not all (Matthew 26:28).  

Mat 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins

Specifically, Christ died for the invisible Church -- the sum total of all those who would ever rightly bear the name "Christian" (Ephesians 5:25).
This doctrine often finds many objections, mostly from those who think that Limited Atonement does damage to evangelism. We have already seen that Christ will not lose any that the father has given to him (John 6:37). Christ's death was not a death of potential atonement for all people. Believing that Jesus' death was a potential, symbolic atonement for anyone who might possibly, in the future, accept him trivializes Christ's act of atonement. Christ died to atone for specific sins of specific sinners. Christ died to make holy the church. He did not Atone for all men, because obviously all men are not saved. Evangelism is actually lifted up in this doctrine, for the evangelist may tell his congregation that Christ died for sinners, and that he will not lose any of those for whom he died!

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

John 17 is referring to whom He is praying for, not died for.

Mat 26 is to be compared with verses like ..

1Jn 2:2
(2)  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
-noticed he didn't just say 'world' but he said 'whole world'.

"but for them which thou hast given me; "

You are reading your man-made traditions into the scriptures.