• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

No depravity is so great that the light of the Gospel through God's Word can't penetrate and quicken. 

Gen 1:2-3
(2)  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. (depravity)

(3)  And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Life)

Negative, scripture teaches us that the natural man considers the gospel to be foolishness, that's why born again has to come before faith as Jesus said to Nicodemus.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

**in regard to all the various doctrines of / about atonement,  What possible difference for anyone could the doctrines and teachings make ? 

What VITAL TRUTH is found, or missed, with any particular thoughts or ideas about atonement ?

People that are lost,  with various false Gospels,  which compromises most people,  will it matter what they think ?

People that are saved, in Jesus, will it matter what they think of atonement ?  (note: they are saved, not seeking)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Dem words dem words dem dry words.

uttered and drenched in calvinistic blood

dem words of depravity are death

death to those that would be swayed by the most evil of doctrines (of men)

Yeshua came to save us DESPITE ourselves, not BECAUSE of ourselves.

NOT ONE IS OUT OF THE REACH OF SALVATION for our Lord who has said, He came to save.

JOHN 3:16: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

Watch out for that mill-stone necklace, promised to all that would mislead one of God's little ones....

Edited by Justin Adams

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Human responsibility is rife throughout Scripture and the simple fact of this is just that ... 

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

Negatory good buddy, born again comes by the Word which quickens and enlightens when accompanied by God's Spitit.

Man's reason must bring you to the conclusion that regeneration happens first without God's Word..Scripture states otherwise.

1 Peter 1:23 NKJV
[23] having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

That's funny, that didn't work for Nicodemus.

That dirty demonic free will idol makes people misinterpret scripture.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm new hear to the forum. My first post, I think.

The two subjects of important here have been of interest to me for more than thirty years.  The first one is the biggest theologically.  The other seem to have more important from our sanctification standpoint.  With your patience I would like to make two points and ask one question for both sides of these two subjects.

1. First SubjectThe Free will of Man and the Sovereignty of God.

First Point:  It has been said that as we approach the gates (figuratively speaking) of Heaven, we will see written one a banner across the gate the words "Whosever will may come."  When we get on the other side of the gate and look back at it, we will see written on a banner across the gate the words "Chosen in Him Before The Foundation of the Earth."  C H Spurgeon is credited as saying that these two "parallel" doctrines never cross but run through eternity past and only come together in eternity future.  A young seminary student friend was asked to explain these two doctrines during his ordination examination counsel.  He was asked by one of his seminary profs.  After remaining silent for an uncomfortable five minutes, he raised his head and said,  The Apostle Paul didn't have to answer that question and I don't think I do either.  He passed with flying colors.  At the end of Romans 11 after trying to deal with these two seemingly conflicting truths, this is what Paul wrote :

Rom 33 "Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For WHO HAS KNOWN THE MIND OF THE LORD, OR WHO BECAME HIS COUNSELOR? 35 Or WHO HAS FIRST GIVEN TO HIM THAT IT MIGHT BE PAID BACK TO HIM AGAIN? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen."

2.  Second Subject:  Once Saved Always Saved.

Second Point:  It has always puzzled me how someone believes that Christ's death, burial and resurrection were insufficient to "keep" a person saved after they had been born again.  Having said that I have a question for those of you who believe that?

Question(s)  Since we all sin after conversion, where is the line (what sin or sins) that we cross when if we die we will go to hell?  Jesus moved sin out of the realm of our actions to the realm of our heart when he said "You have heard it said, ...... but I say..."  He changed the sin of murder to anger. He changed adultery to lust. He changed Judgement   There are several other things in that list and throughout Paul's writings and many OT prophets as well as other Apostles the thoughts and motives of men was where sin is happening for all of us much more often than we want to admit to ourselves and others.  If you think you can keep yourself acceptable to God for Heaven by "repenting" or even just confessing every sin when they occur, then why is it God has to "discipline His children? (James 1:1-2 and many others)  Could it be that He sees sin in us that needs correction that we don't see.  If you are thinking it and He sees it and it is sin, what happens if He decides to "take you home" because you won't or don't repent or confess.  The question remains, "Where is the line?".  You draw it and I KNOW you do the same thing because Romans clearly teaches us we do. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/10/1963

I do not see from scriptures as a  whole, teaching that one can Loose Salvation .Remark I said, Salvation not his....SalvationPaul point out All things are of God's and you are His". The power to will and do his good and perfect will, the power to do all things through him who strenghten us. The conditional part is granted in the obedience of Faith. We love him because he first love us. We earn our master investment to different degree.It is on earth we do so. That  is were the free will comes.We have the will to do his good pleasures.It do not come from our forcing ourselves!! What was the answer of of Saul to Samuel blessed are you in the Lord...I have fully obeyed the voice of the Lord. The said he later I did not see at the time you convened so I did myself violence and offer the sacrifice...He lost his position (Priviledges,Blessings)I do not understand how people are so cut up with the Popular view of individuals and thinkers of the past or present!!! I do not lean on calvanistic point of view nor of any.What I know from scriptures is the Lord himself that confirmed and affirmed in convictions.The teaching learned from denominationlist were not only foolish but even detrimntal to my progress.In general that is.I am thankful I have not read not many books in my life outside of study books to make me understand the roots and meaning of a particular passage or word .Other helpful resources as well to show the context.and give sense of a particular  passage and words. I am not a theologian,pastor,teacher or whatever title given among brethren.Having divine life.I am a brother  saved by grace speaking about revealed truth. I do appreciate life examples for faith driven man and woman in scriptures or Saints past and present. These really feeds my soul to follow their conversation and Christ-likeness.Love in Yeshua Brethren.Orphan

gdpit_com_325838795_30.jpg

• 8 months later...

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, Justin Adams said:

My heartfelt comment is that I am (was) a father. My kids were my world in many ways - I lived for their welfare.

If one of my kids was hurt, or did the wrong thing I would feel it deeply. I am a very poor imitator of Father God, but I think I understand some of His feelings towards us. He is the Kindest, most Giving Person in the universe. He WANTS us to survive and be saved. He WANTS to help us all He can in our lives. He chose to give ALL of Himself before the foundation of the world for us.

If we put stumbling blocks in the path of other believers/would be believers, then a MILL-STONE necklace will be our lot.
God cares that much for the lost, the fallen, the failing, the hopeless; His children!

God is Good. ALL THE TIME

Oh so touchy feely, please watch the following short video.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Robert William said:

Oh so touchy feely, please watch the following short video.

I feel that what you are saying is less than charitable.

It bespeaks a sad and almost Pharisaical outlook. A hurt soul perhaps?

Edited by Justin Adams