Sign in to follow this  
Pattertwig88

food for thought

A few weeks ago I borrowed a biography from our church library about a couple by the names of John and Betty Stam, they were missionaries to China and were murdered for their faith, as I read it I couldn't help but be reminded of the verse in the bible, "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11 I love reading biographies and I always enjoy seeing the plans that God had and still has for each individual and I for one cannot wait to see what he has planned for my future with my husband Sean. 

• Thumbs Up 2

That is a good thought. It's exciting to think that we get to be part of God's plans. He could so easily do everything himself. Praise the Lord!

The Christian Church, in my opinion, was strongest when it was under constant attack by Romans and others for our beliefs.  I don't believe Constantine did us any favors in the long run.  Praise God for men and women of faith who risk their lives to bring God's word to the people.  These stories of missionaries and others should never be forgotten.

22e3f3d33393e1ff0d0da860ee833fc5.jpg

Sign in to follow this