HisFirst

WW1 German Uboat discovered

that would be a horrible way to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, HisFirst said:

That is a war grave and it needs to be completely left alone.  I don't know the figures on WW I German U-boat sailors, but in WW II, only 25% of German U-boat sailors ever made it back home.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That is a war grave and it needs to be completely left alone.  

I agree.

1 hour ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I don't know the figures on WW I German U-boat sailors, but in WW II, only 25% of German U-boat sailors ever made it back home.

Really? How sad.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

That is a war grave and it needs to be completely left alone.  I don't know the figures on WW I German U-boat sailors, but in WW II, only 25% of German U-boat sailors ever made it back home.

I dunno...if I was a family member of one of the deceased I would prefer the bodies be brought back and given a proper funeral, not left to rot on the bottom of the ocean.

2 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I dunno...if I was a family member of one of the deceased I would prefer the bodies be brought back and given a proper funeral, not left to rot on the bottom of the ocean.

I could see where each loved one would feel differently about it.  If it were my father, I would want him to remain where he had fallen in combat, especially after he had lain in the same place for approx. 100 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

I could see where each loved one would feel differently about it.  If it were my father, I would want him to remain where he had fallen in combat, especially after he had lain in the same place for approx. 100 years.

I agree.  

On 9/20/2017 at 6:40 PM, HisFirst said:

but in WW II, only 25% of German U-boat sailors ever made it back home.

Probably very few of them were saved if they had also been in Hitler's youth camps.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Willa said:

Probably very few of them were saved if they had also been in Hitler's youth camps.

I hope they made their peace with God in those final moments.

• Loved it! 1

It's a horrible reminder of the ravages of war.