• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, akueg said:

There is no "half man" and "half God". Either you are man, or you are God. Either you are finite, or you are infinite. Either you are a representation, or you are not a representation. Christ is God because he is a representation of God, not because he himself is God as the Father is God, and this much is evident because Jesus Christ exhibited limited knowledge, and even mortality, where as the Father has no limit of knowledge, nor does he ever die.

Jesus Christ is STILL in subjection to the Father, just as a wife is in subjection to a husband,

But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3 [NIV])

If you do not believe the testimony of the Son of God Himself -then when you die and stand before him you'll be without excuse

John 17:3 (KJV)

[3] And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

[4] I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

[5] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

[6] I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

[7] Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.

[8] For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

[9] I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

[10] And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.

[11] And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

[12] While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

[13] And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.

[14] I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[15] I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

[16] They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

[17] Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

[18] As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

[19] And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

[20] Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

[21] That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

[22] And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

[23] I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

[24] Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

[25] O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.

[26] And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

this is from The Heart of The Christ as Shiloh has given you witness of .... your eternity of spending it with The Who of God or not is right here as The Lord has also warned you

Matthew 10:33 (KJV)

[33] But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

[34] Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

[35] For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

[38] And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

[39] He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

[40] He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

God's Word was not given to you to pervert and you are doing it to your own peril!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/27/2017 at 6:15 AM, akueg said:

Christ is God because he is a representation of God, not because he himself is God as the Father is God, and this much is evident because Jesus Christ exhibited limited knowledge, and even mortality, where as the Father has no limit of knowledge, nor does he ever die.

The label you chose (right?) says "seeker".....  what are you seeking ?  

Here you posted things very much in error,  ignoring God's Word which is all in Harmony,  with no errors, and with no contradictions....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

3 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

The label you chose (right?) says "seeker".....  what are you seeking ?  

Here you posted things very much in error,  ignoring God's Word which is all in Harmony,  with no errors, and with no contradictions....

Hi Jeff,

akueg did not choose the group seeker, it was assigned to akueg.  A seeker is one who desires to know truth, but does not believe in the fundamental faith.  It is our prayer that as we speak truth to akueg, akueg will learn.  If not, then he will remain as seeker on this site.  Letting you know so your question is clearly answered for you both.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Hi Jeff,

akueg did not choose the group seeker, it was assigned to akueg.  A seeker is one who desires to know truth, but does not believe in the fundamental faith.  It is our prayer that as we speak truth to akueg, akueg will learn.  If not, then he will remain as seeker on this site.  Letting you know so your question is clearly answered for you both.

Thanks for clarifying .

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/21/2017 at 2:44 PM, shiloh357 said:

Jesus as God was never born.   He was always in a conscious pre-existence with the Father.    Jesus' relationship as the Son, is not paternal.  There is no paternal relationship between Jesus and the Father.   "Firstborn" is simply a rank.  It doesn't refer to Jesus coming into existence.   The word for "begotten" used in John 3:16 (which is what I assume you are drawing from), refers to Jesus as uniquely God's Son in that they share the same divine nature as opposed to us who are spiritually born into the Kingdom of God.    Jesus is the "firstborn," the "chief"  and that is all the title "firstborn" means.   The way the term firstborn is used, to put it in a modern context...  If I open up a business and I own it and I run it/manage it, I am the "firstborn"  in that business.  I am the chief of that business.

I am not saying there is not still a hierarchy.   What I said  is that the kind of submission that Jesus operated under God the Father, during His earthly ministry is no longer the case.   That ended when Jesus ascended into Heaven and was super exalted to the highest place and given the Name above all names and declared Lord.

No, you couldn't say that.   Jesus lived in a conscious preexistence with the Father and John 1:1-3 tells us that it was a face to face relationship they shared.    Jesus did not come out of the Father.   You have a very wrong headed idea about these matters.

There you go - getting personal, telling me that I "have wrong headed idea about these matters".  I ONLY tell others WHAT I believe, and WHY I believe thus.   I do not agree with you on this matter.  And you do not agree with me.   For you to say to me that I "have wrong headed idea" means that you are claiming Biblical interpretative superiority.  Are you claiming "inspiration" for your self - for your posts here? 

I believe that God (the Father's) first action was to beget a Son in His exact image - His exact likeness.   This WAS "the beginning".  God (the Father) then did everything else THOUGH His Son.

Proverbs 8:22-25 “The LORD possessed me [anointed me] at the beginning of His way, Before His works of old. I have been established [anointed] from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. When there were no depths I was brought forth, When there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills, I was brought forth;”

This passage from Proverbs is from an allegory on wisdom.  Solomon was inspired to write these words.  They are the words of Christ concerning Himself, and His existence with His Father prior to His creation of “all things,” and prior to His incarnation.  Paul was alluding to this passage when he wrote, “...Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1Cor.1:24) and “...Jesus Christ, who of God is made unto us wisdom...” (1Cor.1:30).

The Hebrew word in this passage translated “brought forth” means “to be born.”  In the Septuagint translation (300BC) from the Hebrew, the Greek word “gennao” was chosen.  This is the same word which Paul uses in Hebrews 1:5, speaking of Christ.

NOTE:  “Gennao” is Strong’s #1080, gennao {ghen-nah'-o}.  
            Meaning: to beget, to bring forth.

Proverbs 8:25 “before the mountains were settled, and before all the hills, he begets me.” (LXE)

NOTE: The LXE is an English translation of the Septuagint by Sir Lancelot C. L. Benton, 1844.

John 17:8 “I came forth from You and they have believed that You sent Me.”

John 16:28  “I came forth from the Father AND have come into the world.”

Matthew 16:16-18   [Peter said] “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
    [And Jesus said] “Upon this rock I will build my church.”

John 17:5   [From Christ’s last public prayer at the last supper] “And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”  

Was Jesus, was Paul, were the disciples trying to mislead?  A son - in any language - is one who was begotten by a Father.  Why call Him the Son of God, if He was not really a Son at all?

Did He simply take the role of a son, when He incarnated?  I don’t believe so.  Proverbs presents Him as begotten before anything was created. He shared the glory of the Father, “before the world was.”

On 9/27/2017 at 6:42 PM, Sojourner414 said:

That's speaking positionally, not  ontologically; Scripture says:

"“I and the Father are one.”" (John 10:30 NASB)

In His last prayer to His Father, speaking of those who would believe, Jesus prayed:

John 17:20-21 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." (NKJ)

I don't think anyone is claiming that being made "one" with the Father and the Son, makes one a divine being, or somehow no longer a separate sentient being. 

We become "one" when the Spirit of the Father fills us, as dwells in us, AS it filled Jesus. 

How were Jesus and His Father "one"?  Answer:  The Spirit of the Father dwelt IN the Son.  Jesus said, "the Father who dwells in Me does the works" (John 14:10).

John 16:32 “I am not alone, because the Father is with me.”

John 14:10 "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works.”

On 10/21/2017 at 8:19 PM, OneLight said:

Hi Jeff,

Not sure I like having a label on me.  I have searched and studied for some 38 years now.  There are many, many versions of the "fundamental faith" that I have studied.  Each one has a list of "fundamental doctrines".  Some of those doctrines I agree with.  Some I disagree with.  Does this label me a seeker?  Or maybe a heretic?  Am I not allowed on this forum if I do not agree with all of the fundamental doctrines?   I may as well leave now. 

I personally find that my beliefs are either strengthened or challenged as I debate with others who are familiar with the Word.  If we cannot defend our beliefs, then how strong are they really? 

Not sure how to change my profile.  I am female - not male. 

I am trying to find a list of your "fundamentals".  What denomination are the moderators of this forum?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

2 minutes ago, 8thdaypriest said:

I am trying to find a list of your "fundamentals".  What denomination are the moderators of this forum?

Hi, I reported the post so the mods can see that you want your gender changed on your profile. They can fix it for you or tell you how to do it. 

This is the statement of faith for the site. 

https://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

The mods are different denominations. But they all agree to the beliefs in the link I posted above. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

1 minute ago, ayin jade said:
5 minutes ago, 8thdaypriest said:

Hi, I reported the post so the mods can see that you want your gender changed on your profile. They can fix it for you or tell you how to do it. 

This is the statement of faith for the site. 

https://www.worthynetwork.com/statement-of-faith

The mods are different denominations. But they all agree to the beliefs in the link I posted above. 

I changed your gender.  You can find this in your profile under edit profile.

Ayin already answered your question.  We are of different denominations.