• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

rt I came into this forum hoping to meet other Christians.  I told everybody very clearly that I speak bluntly and to the point.   The welcome was wonderful and very encouraging.  

The problem comes this way.  I make a post, on any subject and the result is a target on my back.  People do not discuss, they attack.  So I answer in my usual lovable way, and I get reported for being insulting.  (Did you not read my profile?)  I address a girl, female, as 'girl' and its degrading, disrespectful, insulting?    What?   Would it be insulting if I called my wife, 'Wife'   (She loves that by the way)   I tell someone they need to listen to the Word...How is that bad.

Well the upshot of all this is this;   I don't need the stress.  I'm recovering from a nasty bug..Heart attack....so, I'm taking a sabbatical from this group.   I need a rest after such a short time with this group.  I'm amazed.   We'll see you someday.   Glorify God in all your doing.

By the way...I met a man here named George.  He was nice to talk to.  I like him.  I met an Amazing Horse too.  Witty, smart, and spicy in his talk (not bad language  lol)  He is worth knowing.  and a lovely lady named Willa  oh yes!  Marilyn (I hope I spelled her name right)   Both these Ladies are real, not plastic.   People could really learn from these women.

Talk to you another time.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Well that's sad - its always sad when someone leaves.

God Bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Good bye Denadii :th_wave: God bless.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

That's sad and it reflects badly on this group.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

10 minutes ago, bryan said:

That's sad and it reflects badly on this group.  

Well, we are in this world. You are going to see all kind of opinions on a Christian message board. Some may make a person angry because they do not agree.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, Denadii said:

rt I came into this forum hoping to meet other Christians.  I told everybody very clearly that I speak bluntly and to the point.   The welcome was wonderful and very encouraging.  

The problem comes this way.  I make a post, on any subject and the result is a target on my back.  People do not discuss, they attack.  So I answer in my usual lovable way, and I get reported for being insulting.  (Did you not read my profile?)  I address a girl, female, as 'girl' and its degrading, disrespectful, insulting?    What?   Would it be insulting if I called my wife, 'Wife'   (She loves that by the way)   I tell someone they need to listen to the Word...How is that bad.

Well the upshot of all this is this;   I don't need the stress.  I'm recovering from a nasty bug..Heart attack....so, I'm taking a sabbatical from this group.   I need a rest after such a short time with this group.  I'm amazed.   We'll see you someday.   Glorify God in all your doing.

By the way...I met a man here named George.  He was nice to talk to.  I like him.  I met an Amazing Horse too.  Witty, smart, and spicy in his talk (not bad language  lol)  He is worth knowing.  and a lovely lady named Willa  oh yes!  Marilyn (I hope I spelled her name right)   Both these Ladies are real, not plastic.   People could really learn from these women.

I am told that lately too. Unbecoming for Christians. They will learn that you can disagree without being harsh. So unloving.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

I would say a heart attack is a really nasty bug, Denadii. Bummer. I know it's hard not to lose it when you just want someone to understand/see your point. I usually leave the keyboard in the middle of some reply's and go out to my shop, read a chapter and contemplate a little, go back to the keyboard, delete half of it, and try to improve my bedside manners. Not always successful though. It's only inevitable when you get a bunch of young and old bible students together, and most went to different bible teachers growing spiritually, so there has to be some differences of understanding. When I see that little bell at the top of the page, glowing red,  I don't know if I hurt somebody's feelings or someone enjoyed my thoughts. But we're all on the same team, or should be, so I'll express my regrets for your leaving, and your heart issue, but pray you will bounce back soon and come out fighting. (Berean style)   "Who received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.", and many of them believed.  May God bless you, Denadii  

My prescription for stress............

Php_4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Denadii said:

Hi.  I have taken a step back from this place as well. I have not been posting as much as I normally do. I am forever offending or upsetting someone on here. So I know where you are coming from. Most of the time when I log in here I say to myself, "I wonder who is mad at me today." Those of us who do not go with the flow of things get a good lashing. So you are not alone in this. 

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

19 hours ago, Denadii said:

Take care,  may God speed your healing, Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1