moses7

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In order to cheat on Christians, the Greek mythology was promoted by a money grumbling system to buy and sell Christianity. Ironically, the expression ‘church’ itself was not applied by the earlier Christians though at a certain period of time it was introduced in the old English, it was pronounced “Circe”. In fact, Circe or church in the modern English was a Greek goddess, called Ceres in the Roman mythology. 

• Praying! 1

• George locked, locked and unlocked this topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I think you may have meant grubbing not grumbling. In either case it seems a so what  issue for me. I am perfectly happy, a cheerful  giver in fact to  a church,  a local body of Christ Jesus, where I have been led by the Holy Spirit to my  ever so gratefully uplifted body, spirit, and soul's benefit. I am so happy to have the privilege of helping sustain the ministry and the employees whether they be full time of part time whether they be elders or staff support personnel, I marvel at the kindness God has extended to me by providing such a grand local body for my benefit!

• This is Worthy 1

14 hours ago, Yowm said:

You can call it 'called out ones' (ekklesia) if you want, but the church by any other name is still the church.

not at all brother yowm: 

There was, a hemispherical, pit or underground vault in Rome, called, the  moondoos cerialis.  (literally: the world of Ceres), Ceres was considered by the roman as goddess of the earth and the guardian of its underworld gateways.

On August 24, October 5 and November 8, was opened with the official announcement "moondoos patet" (the moondoos is open), and offerings were made there to agricultural or Ceres underworld deities, Its opening gave access to the spirits of the dead to leave temporary from the underworld, to visit lawfully the living, as ‘holidays, so for the ghosts’.

read Exodus 23:13 “Pay strict attention to everything I have said to you. You must not invoke the names of other gods; they must not be heard on your lips.

you should know this : William Tyndale (1494–1536) translation was the first English Bible to draw directly from Hebrew and Greek texts; William was burned for refusing to apply the word “church” as it was applied to pagan’s temples. The translation of the word Ekklesia to “assembly” took his life away. He was accused by the church of heresy in 1536 and condemned to be burned to death.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Im pretty sure church is a Biblical concept, not a greek one. The Biblical church, was far different then the church today, but that doesnt change the fact that it is a Biblical concept. As for scripture to back my view? I Cite the entire book of Acts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

4 hours ago, moses7 said:

not at all brother yowm: 

There was, a hemispherical, pit or underground vault in Rome, called, the  moondoos cerialis.  (literally: the world of Ceres), Ceres was considered by the roman as goddess of the earth and the guardian of its underworld gateways.

On August 24, October 5 and November 8, was opened with the official announcement "moondoos patet" (the moondoos is open), and offerings were made there to agricultural or Ceres underworld deities, Its opening gave access to the spirits of the dead to leave temporary from the underworld, to visit lawfully the living, as ‘holidays, so for the ghosts’.

read Exodus 23:13 “Pay strict attention to everything I have said to you. You must not invoke the names of other gods; they must not be heard on your lips.

you should know this : William Tyndale (1494–1536) translation was the first English Bible to draw directly from Hebrew and Greek texts; William was burned for refusing to apply the word “church” as it was applied to pagan’s temples. The translation of the word Ekklesia to “assembly” took his life away. He was accused by the church of heresy in 1536 and condemned to be burned to death.

Law was untill John the Baptist so if you want to mock first rightly divide bible thanks .

Luke 16:16

The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

If we were still under Law you would see Jews today stoning people for adultery right .

• 4 weeks later...

the old testament is not the law, though the law is a part of it . even the law we find in the old testament are different types and only one type of the law was abolished in the new testament. 

Aramaic Bible in Plain English Matthew 5:17
Do not think that I have come to revoke The Written Law or The Prophets; I am not come to revoke but to fulfill.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

Old English cir(i)ce, cyr(i)ce, related to Dutch kerk and German Kirche, based on medieval Greek kurikon, from Greek kuriakon (dōma)‘Lord's (house),’ from kurios  ‘master or lord.’ Compare with kirk.