KiwiChristian

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

A friend of mine who lived just up the road has travelled extensively throughout the Middle East and has persoally confirmed all Ron Wyatt's discoveries. My friend, Ross Patterson, runs seminars showing the evidence. There are several you tube clips of his available. There are two recent ones with a compelling testimony which deal with the Red Sea crossing and Mt Sinai.

I understand peoples reluctance to accept Wyatts theories, after all, he was a Seventh Day Adventist. Cant have one of them amateur archeologists stealing the show from the pros now can we?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

Regards the ark of the covenant however...that is something that simply has to be taken at the guys word. What Wyatt saw has been sealed...much like the Saudi side of the Red Sea.

• 3 months later...

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  651
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Sightings of  Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat

Between 1856 to 1974 an estimated 200 people from 23 countries claimed they saw Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat. (Balsiger & Sellier 1974 p.203)

From 1961 to 1976 at least 37 expeditions went up the mountain. (Wood 1976)

The phrase "Mountains of Ararat" (Genesis 8:4) is explained by some commentators to refer to two summits of Mount Ararat. There is Big Ararat (16,945 feet; 5,165 metres) and Little Ararat (12,800 feet; 3,900 metres). The phrase "Mount Ararat" without qualification usually refers to the higher summit.

Others explain "Mountains of Ararat" in Genesis as referring to mountain ranges extending hundreds of kilometres but including Mount Ararat itself.

Several quotes later in this article relate "Ararat" to Armenia! A possible reason for this is that since Hebrew writing lacked vowels the r r t translated Ararat might rather refer to Urartu. This was a kingdom extending from Lake Van in eastern Turkey northwards and included Armenia. If Urartu rather than Ararat is correct then no individual mountain where Noah's Ark berthed is identified in the Bible.

Mount Ararat is covered by glaciers. The weather is often clear in the early mornings. By midday fog and clouds and blizzards often cover the summit while lower down are frequent thunder storms.

Little Ararat is sometimes ice-free in summer. Big Ararat has permanent ice, 200 feet thick, covering 22 square miles and down to 13,500 feet. Twelve glaciers flow downwards.

High winds and moving glaciers regularly send boulders rolling down. Deep crevasses in the ice add to the danger. So do blinding snow storms, lightning, poisonous snakes, bears, wild dogs, loose rocks, snow avalanches, rock avalanches, thin atmosphere and occasional earthquakes. The Ahora Gulch on Ararat's north east side has 8,000-foot cliffs. Some would-be climbers died in the attempt – Christopher Trease in 1965 and two others in 1967 for example.

Mount Ararat is a volcano. An earthquake in June 1840 destroyed the 8-century old St. Jacob Monastery at Ahora (7,000 ft level) and the village of Ahora (or Arguri) on the north west slope and reportedly killed 2,000 people. Numerous relics from Noah's Ark were said to be stored in the Monastery but the site remains buried and unexcavated.

Noah is mentioned a dozen times in the Bible after Genesis. (Isaiah 54:9; Matthew 24:37-39; 1 Peter 3:20-21)     

For the complete article:  http://ed5015.tripod.com/ReligCreationi ... ings55.htm

Quasar93

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

On 9/23/2017 at 8:22 AM, shiloh357 said:

The truth is that if we think it through, there should not be a Noah's Ark to be found.   It is more than likely, that after they left the ark, there would have have been, at least for a while, a lack of resources.   Ham, Shem and Japeth likely did not leave immediately, but raised families and the ark would have been cannibalized for resources such as timber for building homes, for cooking fires and other utility purposes.  I am sure the Lord, in His compassionate wisdom also made it possible for them to find animals and vegetation to eat.  But just applying a little critical thinking would tell us that looking for the ark is fool's errand.

There is a good reason for God making sure that ancient relics are never found, like the Ark of the Covenant, the ashes of the red heifer, or why we cannot be sure of the true Mt. Calvary or the true garden tomb.   He knows that unregenerate human nature makes idols out of such things.   It's why we don't know where Moses was buried. Can you imagine the shrines that would be built and the pilgrimages made to that location if it were known?

First off, I know this is an old thread, but wanted to state I agree with everything you've said and you're insight. Just wanted to give you a picture of what flashes through my mind pertaining to some of the biblical relics such as the Ark of the covenant and Noah's Ark. 

During the tribulation, there's a lot of supernatural things occurring on Earth, such as the Two Witnesses s, and an angel flying through the heavens preaching the Gospel. Seems to me this is the last ditch effort to convert the 'earth dweller' to accepting Christ as their Savior and the Bible is truly the Word of God. 

Could possibly Noah's Ark and the Ark of the Covenant, either the one in Heaven now, or the one on Earth, possibly be revealed as further evidence of the Bible's infallibility. And two major relics to prove to the Earth dwellers the truth of the Bible and biblical history?

Just something I've always thought about. 

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

First off, I know this is an old thread, but wanted to state I agree with everything you've said and you're insight. Just wanted to give you a picture of what flashes through my mind pertaining to some of the biblical relics such as the Ark of the covenant and Noah's Ark. 

During the tribulation, there's a lot of supernatural things occurring on Earth, such as the Two Witnesses s, and an angel flying through the heavens preaching the Gospel. Seems to me this is the last ditch effort to convert the 'earth dweller' to accepting Christ as their Savior and the Bible is truly the Word of God. 

Could possibly Noah's Ark and the Ark of the Covenant, either the one in Heaven now, or the one on Earth, possibly be revealed as further evidence of the Bible's infallibility. And two major relics to prove to the Earth dwellers the truth of the Bible and biblical history?

Just something I've always thought about. 

The Ark of the Covenant might be revealed in time.   It would sooner be found than Noah's ark, simply because I don't think Noah's ark exists any longer for the reasons I stated before.  

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

The Ark of the Covenant might be revealed in time.   It would sooner be found than Noah's ark, simply because I don't think Noah's ark exists any longer for the reasons I stated before.  

The Ark of the Covenant might be revealed in time

That would be amazing, maybe God will reveal that before they start sacrificing again?

19 minutes ago, angels4u said:

That would be amazing, maybe God will reveal that before they start sacrificing again?

shiloh's insight makes perfect sense and I can't say I would disagree with any of it.

However, pertaining to Noah's Ark, at least one thing puzzles me. If you do some cursory study of ancient ship building, even modern day wooden ship building in most cases, you'll notice something out of the ordinary. Noah's Ark was sealed with pitch inside and out.

Ge 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 

To my knowledge, no ancients built boats sealing the inside of the vessel, it was all sealed outside. I believe this practice continues today with modern wooden boats. Naturally I may be assuming to much, but my idea of sealing the outside and inside of the Ark might be for preservation purposes? After all, the Ark was only going to float for about a year. It's just something interesting I've thought about.

Guest shiloh357
11 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

shiloh's insight makes perfect sense and I can't say I would disagree with any of it.

However, pertaining to Noah's Ark, at least one thing puzzles me. If you do some cursory study of ancient ship building, even modern day wooden ship building in most cases, you'll notice something out of the ordinary. Noah's Ark was sealed with pitch inside and out.

Ge 6:14 Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 

To my knowledge, no ancients built boats sealing the inside of the vessel, it was all sealed outside. I believe this practice continues today with modern wooden boats. Naturally I may be assuming to much, but my idea of sealing the outside and inside of the Ark might be for preservation purposes? After all, the Ark was only going to float for about a year. It's just something interesting I've thought about.

Just shows the wisdom of the Lord in how to keep the boat waterproof.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Just shows the wisdom of the Lord in how to keep the boat waterproof.

Whatever floats your boat :D

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Dennis1209 said:

Whatever floats your boat :D

Well, that's what it was for.   It's only commonsense that you would waterproof it with the pitch (resin) on the inside and outside.   Do you have a different take on that?