IGNORED

How to make the evil of others not destroy you?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers.. "Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" but i dont know how to apply that.

I'd appreciate your answers.

Edited by carolina16

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Just don't give them to power over you by their words or actions.  We don't belong to them.  We belong to Christ!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,181
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Carolina;

Everybody is born with a fallen nature since the fall of Adam and Eve.

Christ came to redeem us from the power of sin over our lives.

Christ Jesus spoke a lot about the importance of forgiveness.

Christ Jesus while being crucified said" forgive them Father for they do not know what they do.

Christ Jesus said: if they hate you, know that  they hated me first,be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

All of us have been corrupted  one way or another through the sin that has permeated the world.

When people are hurt and have not been healed form their hurts and traumas, they seek to go ahead and hurt others so to spread their hurt around,

If you react to their hurt by keeping resentments over them. they have won. They have succeeded in implementing in you their very own seed of hate/fear.

Don't allow them to succeed at this. follow Christ and His way. the answers are found in the new testament.

Pray to God for guidance.

For sure when a group of people  or even one person in a group of people like in a workplace setting notice someone who is innocent, vulnerable, they will go and try and test how vulnerable that person is. A predator is always on the look out for to find a victim that it can corrupt and instill its sin nature into them.

The best solution is to not show a reaction to those who are trying to hurt you. And withing yourself, to just learn to forgive them on the spot and let go of any feeling of resentment that may try to come and take hold of you.

When hostile people see that , that they cannot get to you, they end up leaving you alone.

These hostile people need Christ in their lives. Silently pray for them and keep asking God for guidance and protection .

Edited by 1to3
typos
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Hi carolina16, Welcome! :)

Along with what others have said, perhaps you can keep an eye out for another job if things don't change. Not all work places are the same.
In the meantime, as employers ask us to do "right things" know we are not actually working for them in particular, but the Lord Himself!

Col 3:22-24  Servants, (employees) obey in all things your masters (employers) according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:  (23)  And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;  (24)  Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

I've been around a few wrathful hotheads while working over the years, most settle down when we look to Christ to be calm ourselves and speak softly. Generally the
strifeful yelling side tones down. And God sees all this:

Pro 15:1-3  A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.  (2)  The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.  (3)  The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good.

In one instance years ago, I had a man loudly cuss me out for no reason at all, and was provoking a fight. The other men about awaited with anticipation on my reply.
Instead of rising to his level, I said something vague, yet polite, and went on to ignore him and go back to my work. He apparently felt pretty bad about it later as the following day, he apologized!

Pro 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:  (22)  For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the LORD shall reward thee.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Are you a Christian, Carolina?   If so you can identify with the sufferings of Christ and know that He is praying for you because He also suffered in that way.  

Sometimes it helps to know that they may not be picking on you, but instead are reacting to Jesus living in you.  So you don't need to take it so personally.  All who seek to live godly lives in Christ Jesus will be treated this way.  The light in you makes their darkness look all the more ugly.   

Mat 5:10  "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:11  "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.

Mat 5:12  Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

I always determined that the Jesus' love living in me is stronger than any evil in this world.  For "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world"   So I asked Jesus to express His compassion for them through me.  They must be really miserable people.  And Jesus came not for the righteous but for sinners.  And I had pity on them.  

Hope that helps.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

13 hours ago, carolina16 said:

Hi everyone, i need help. How do you make the evil of others not destroy your self-esteem? For example at work, with people who mistreat you every day? A boss, co-workers.. "Justice, justice will persecute so that you can live and inherit the Earth" but i dont know how to apply that.

Hello Carolina16,

The Bible says No weapon formed against you will prosper (Isaiah 54:17).  If you can, anoint yourself with anointing oil before you leave for work each day.  Or just plead the Blood of Jesus over you.  I pray for you that things will turn around from today.  God will surround you with favors as with a shield ( Psalm 5:12).  Those who mistreated you will longer be able to find an excuse to pick on you again.  They will just leave you alone as they will realize that it's tiring and useless.  God will surely deliver you from ALL your troubles (Psalm 34:17-19, Psalm 50:15, Psalm 46:1).   May God's hedge of protection be over you always. May you find joy and peace in your life and in your work.  Amen. 

Declare this everyday :  "I will not fear man, what can man do to me?  If God is for me, who can be against me.  The Lord is my Helper. "  --  Psalm 118:6-7 , Romans 8:31

Love you Sis.

God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

Welcome Carolina. 

I would suggest that you find your esteem in Christ and not in self, otherwise if you are worried about what others think of you, you become tossed to and fro by their opinions.

Very good Yowm. 

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

10 hours ago, Liberty said:

Hello Carolina16,

The Bible says No weapon formed against you will prosper (Isaiah 54:17).  If you can, anoint yourself with anointing oil before you leave for work each day.  Or just plead the Blood of Jesus over you.  I pray for you that things will turn around from today.  God will surround you with favors as with a shield ( Psalm 5:12).  Those who mistreated you will longer be able to find an excuse to pick on you again.  They will just leave you alone as they will realize that it's tiring and useless.  God will surely deliver you from ALL your troubles (Psalm 34:17-19, Psalm 50:15, Psalm 46:1).   May God's hedge of protection be over you always. May you find joy and peace in your life and in your work.  Amen. 

Declare this everyday :  "I will not fear man, what can man do to me?  If God is for me, who can be against me.  The Lord is my Helper. "  --  Psalm 118:6-7 , Romans 8:31

Love you Sis.

God bless.

Very good advice 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 9/21/2017 at 3:34 PM, carolina16 said:

Have you checked your employer's policy on bullying or harassment?  Is there a union you can join?  They can help confront these issues with your employer on your behalf.  Above all, put on the whole armour of God as in Ephesians 6: 10-17

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God".

Continue to destroy that weapon against you using the Name of Jesus Christ. Hold on to God and pray for a change in their behavior.  

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 9/24/2017 at 12:38 AM, Couppy said:

Have you checked your employer's policy on bullying or harassment?  Is there a union you can join?  They can help confront these issues with your employer on your behalf.  Above all, put on the whole armour of God as in Ephesians 6: 10-17

Agree with all of the Biblical advice given.  But please check with your HR department at your workplace.  These days bullying and harassment are not tolerated and even against the law.

If you get ill from the bullying, you will have a Worker's Compensation Case against them.  They will have to pay your medical and perhaps give you a cash settlement, if you win your case.  Please do report this bullying and harassment.

Edited by Debp