• Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1981

Speaking of Abraham it is written:

Genesis 20:7

7 Now therefore, restore the man’s wife; for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you shall live. But if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all who are yours.”

How is Abraham a prophet?  We will dig deeper into what is written.

Genesis 22:1-2

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

Further in the chapter:

Genesis 22:9-14

9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”

So he said, “Here I am.”

12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”

So the question I spoke of earlier; I will explain.

This is a picture of what happened as Jesus travailed in the garden of Gethsemane.  Jesus also spoke the following:

Matthew 26:39

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

Further in this chapter, Jesus repeated Himself for the cup to pass; and nevertheless not as He willed, but as the Father willed.

Further Jesus spoke and said:

Matthew 26:53

53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

So right at the beginning of our Lord's sacrifice He not only travailed in the garden, but He could have been provided with more than twelve legions of angels. 

The point is this:

God never intended for Abraham to literally sacrifice his son.  But it was rather a foreshadow of what was to come;  Jesus travailing in the garden...God having a choice to sacrifice His Son.  And the ram in the thicket was the possibility for Jesus to come again at a later time, had He prayed or appealed to the Father for the cup to pass.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  106

3 hours ago, BlazyJon said:

Speaking of Abraham it is written:

Genesis 20:7

7 Now therefore, restore the man’s wife; for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you shall live. But if you do not restore her, know that you shall surely die, you and all who are yours.”

How is Abraham a prophet?  We will dig deeper into what is written.

Genesis 22:1-2

Now it came to pass after these things that God tested Abraham, and said to him, “Abraham!”

And he said, “Here I am.”

2 Then He said, “Take now your son, your only son Isaac, whom you love, and go to the land of Moriah, and offer him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains of which I shall tell you.”

Further in the chapter:

Genesis 22:9-14

9 Then they came to the place of which God had told him. And Abraham built an altar there and placed the wood in order; and he bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, upon the wood. 10 And Abraham stretched out his hand and took the knife to slay his son.

11 But the Angel of the Lord called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!”

So he said, “Here I am.”

12 And He said, “Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me.”

13 Then Abraham lifted his eyes and looked, and there behind him was a ram caught in a thicket by its horns. So Abraham went and took the ram, and offered it up for a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 And Abraham called the name of the place, The-Lord-Will-Provide; as it is said to this day, “In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided.”

So the question I spoke of earlier; I will explain.

This is a picture of what happened as Jesus travailed in the garden of Gethsemane.  Jesus also spoke the following:

Matthew 26:39

39 He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will.”

Further in this chapter, Jesus repeated Himself for the cup to pass; and nevertheless not as He willed, but as the Father willed.

Further Jesus spoke and said:

Matthew 26:53

53 Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

So right at the beginning of our Lord's sacrifice He not only travailed in the garden, but He could have been provided with more than twelve legions of angels. 

The point is this:

God never intended for Abraham to literally sacrifice his son.  But it was rather a foreshadow of what was to come;  Jesus travailing in the garden...God having a choice to sacrifice His Son.  And the ram in the thicket was the possibility for Jesus to come again at a later time, had He prayed or appealed to the Father for the cup to pass.

Hi BlazyJon and welcome!!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/07/1981

17 minutes ago, NOONE7 said:

Hi BlazyJon and welcome!!

Thankyou NOON7 :) 

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

Welcome!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Hello and Welcome to Worthy!

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Moved from the Welcome Forum.  The Welcome Forum is used only for new members to introduce themselves.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God used Abraham as an example of what our faith needs to be like for salvation.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

According to a Jew (who was Secret Christian), the LORD really said "dedicate" but Abraham only knew this word as "sacrifice." Either way, the LORD provided a Lamb and an angel stopped Abraham from going through with it. 

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

12 minutes ago, Sojourner414 said:

And what is his evidence of this? Where did he get this information from?

The Jewish Christian who is an archaeologist in Israel said its "dedicate" in Hebrew, not "sacrifice" as it is in English. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 9/22/2017 at 10:34 AM, Fidei Defensor said:

The Jewish Christian who is an archaeologist in Israel said its "dedicate" in Hebrew, not "sacrifice" as it is in English. 

If God told Abraham to "dedicate" his son, which according to you, he thought God told him to "sacrifice", don't you think it strange that God will then provide a lamb for Abraham to "dedicate"?  If God has not told Abraham to sacrifice his son, he would never have provided a lamb for the sacrifice, instead I believe God would correct Abraham.   God does not justify our mistakes he corrects them.