• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Good day.

i have been going through prayer for God to help me stop sexually immorality, and all sort of sins I was doing and for him to help me through my life and give me peace to my heart. But I fall into it and had sex while I was still going through my prayer and now I feel horrible and embarrassed and a liar because I don't know I have promised to stop that but I fail again. 

Please help I need my courage and strength to pray again.

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

Seek God's help wait on him. You have to keep your mind off of what temps you. Run from it . After awhile you will build godliness. God will forgive but keep up and walk with him. It takes time to build godliness. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Hi Jessy,

I think its best if you seek out mature men of God probably in the Mens' Lounge to discuss matters of intimacy. 

:emot-hug:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Jessy said:

Good day.

i have been going through prayer for God to help me stop sexually immorality, and all sort of sins I was doing and for him to help me through my life and give me peace to my heart. But I fall into it and had sex while I was still going through my prayer and now I feel horrible and embarrassed and a liar because I don't know I have promised to stop that but I fail again. 

Sin in Greek means "missing the Mark of bull's-eye." Here are promises, "Repent (turn from sin), then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord," (Acts 3:19), "But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness," (1 John 1:9), and "My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous. He himself is the sacrifice that atones for our sins—and not only our sins but the sins of all the world." (1 John 2:1-2). 

To turn from your sin, you have to decide that your relationship with God is more important than instant gratification, and pleasure; which become misery because your conscious is seared and hurt by this sin; so its pleasure to pain. You should also consider the warnings about practicing sin and even falling into justifying it, "19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery, idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this [practice these things] will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:19-21), "Those who have been born into God's family do not make a practice of sinning [practice makes perfect, getting better and better; doing it more and more], because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they are children of God. By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother." (1 John 3:9-10). There ae other verses that should scare you straight from sinning anymore, "We know that anyone born of God does not keep on sinning; the One who was born of God protects him, and the evil one cannot touch him," (1 John 5:18) and "No one who remains in Him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him." (1 John 3:6). 

Practicing sin is different than stumbling; stumbling is you sinned and regret it and repent for it and seek with Christ's help to turn/stop doing it. The problem is when you justify the sin, stop feeling remorse, and no longer feel convicted by Holy Spirit (your conscious being seared with branding iron). I would urge you to remove yourself from place of sin if possible, and to ask Jesus Christ to forgive you (1 John 2:1-2) and seek help in support group to stop the behavior and learn how to navigate the triggers of temptation. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 9/21/2017 at 7:39 PM, Jessy said:

I feel horrible and embarrassed and a liar because I don't know I have promised to stop that but I fail again.

The truth is that we cannot promise anything, let alone fulfill the promises on our own. We all need Jesus to win, without Him we can do nothing.

"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

No one here is perfect, we all fail sometimes. All I have to say is continue walking with Him, in truth, with sincerity. I am sure He will help you.

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:8-9

On 9/21/2017 at 7:39 PM, Jessy said:

Then I suggest you humble yourself before Him and start praying as soon as possible. He loves you very much!

It is good to know you are not comfortable in sin, we should never be.

God bless you!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2