Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Hello, I consider myself an Apologist (defender of the faith, Fidei Defensor). I have looked at resources, and find many of them "wanting" (Daniel 5:27). I recently, came upon these three books on Apologetics and find them rather helpful. 

The first volume is on Counterfeits of Christianity such as Mormonism, Jehovah Witnesses, Islam, and more: 

41WtTRoSbBL._SX340_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Second volume is about Mystical Religions such as Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, New Age, and more: 

41Sa1+LV9RL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

The Third and Final Volume is about Modern religions of Post Modernism, Humanism, Darwinism, Communism, and more:

41tHo2Uo-EL._SX337_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

All three volumes can be bought as set. What is more, each chapter is written by different Christian scholars and experts, making it a more diverse apologetics series than having one author who writes the entire volume. What I really recommend is unlike other apologetics books which can get you bogged down in the ideals of pagans and false religions, these books keep Christ and Gospel center stage and the arguments that expose the false religions to be folly are well devised and actually build your faith: an example "A tenet of Hinduism is that all life is an illusion (like the Matrix), and yet Hindus have families and love their families as if they are important, when Hinduism says they aren't and the goal of Hinduism is to reach Nothingness (Brahman), how is Hindu making money getting to nothingness and all things are One in Hinduism, all things, so to test a Hindu, ask them for their money, if all is one, they should share the wealth with everyone who is one; this exposes the insanity of Hinduism on one level. " (From World Religions and Cults Volume 2, Chapter 4 Hinduism).  

This is a more intellectual approach to refuting false religions. Scripture, Reason, and Argument is used to expose the fallacies of world religions and cults. While it is worthy to use Holy Spirit and the Gifts (1 Corinthians 12:8-11) to combat cults, I believe as apologists we should all arm ourselves with the tools to make defense of the Faith, "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect," (1 Peter 3:15), "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ," (2 Corinthians 10:5), "Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people," (Jude 1:3), and "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it." (Titus 1:9). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/07/1981

Also a not too shabby source is, www.apologeticsindex.org , hope you find it helpful.  Just click the A-Z topical index or search in their "Google Custom Search" function.  I have found it useful at times.

Edited by BlazyJon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, BlazyJon said:

Also a not too shabby source is, www.apologeticsindex.org , hope you find it helpful.  Just click the A-Z topical index or search in their "Google Custom Search" function.  I have found it useful at times.

Thanks for the resource. In fact, let this be a thread for sharing Apologetics resources.