Amazing Horse

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Can somebody who knows  Jewish history explain to me when is new year for Jews .

Jews says that Rosh Hashana begins New Year , it's in 1st day of 7th month .

Lev 23:1

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

And in 10th day of the month

Lev 23:27

Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

but in Ezekiel 40:1 we read that new year is on 10th of month ?

In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the LORD was upon me, and brought me thither.

Do Jews have two New Years ?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Amazing Horse said:

Can somebody who knows  Jewish history explain to me when is new year for Jews .

Jews says that Rosh Hashana begins New Year , it's in 1st day of 7th month .

Lev 23:1

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

And in 10th day of the month

Lev 23:27

Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the LORD.

but in Ezekiel 40:1 we read that new year is on 10th of month ?

In the five and twentieth year of our captivity, in the beginning of the year, in the tenth day of the month, in the fourteenth year after that the city was smitten, in the selfsame day the hand of the LORD was upon me, and brought me thither.

Do Jews have two New Years ?

Yes, they have a sacred and secular new year.   Rosh Hashanna is the secular new year that starts in the fall.

The sacred new year is on the first day of Aviv/Nisan, the month of Passover.

From Genesis 1:1 to Exodus 12:1, the Bible uses the secular calendar.    Exodus 12: 2 to Revelation 22: 21, the Bible uses the sacred calendar. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I suggest looking up Remy Landau on the internet. There are a few listings of his work on the subjects you seem interested in, one is found here: 

http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com

May you find his work to be helpful.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

For really GREAT FUN!

Go to this particular portion of Remy Landau's work  http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com/#24.2  and read through the manner in which any one particular date  for a celebration or festival may accurately be derived out of the full Hebrew calendar cycle of 689,472 years of days  that vary from 353 days to 385 days in length.

Be sure to also look up The Qeviyyot  http://hebrewcalendar.tripod.com/keviyyot.html  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I won't go into any detail of the significance, but the precise Jewish Jubilee cycles were lost through history also. Any seemly Biblical discrepancies are the result of various changes in the calendar throughout history. I would also think the diaspora added to the confusion. 

I'm of the opinion that had the calendar not been jumbled throughout the ages, it might be possible to pinpoint certain Biblical prophecies?