Lar

Can anyone recommend a good computer repair/tune-up software program?

6 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Your welcome.  Yes, this is not really freeware, it's shareware.  You run it for free as long as you want, but it will only do 10 repairs at a time.  The first time I used it, I had 650+ errors.  So I fixed them all, 10 repairs at a time.  Since I've been using the program since sometime in the late '90's, I think it's pretty reputable.  The full package which I bought and now use is either 29.99 or 39.99 if I remember right.  Either WinASO or SnagIt (a different program I find invaluable), one of these programs offers lifetime updates at no cost.  SnagIt is like a snipping tool on steroids.  Both programs have good websites to find out more about them.  WinASO also offers some freeware programs they've developed also.

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace,

I downloaded, installed and ran the WinASO registry cleaner program.  I guess that I'll see how it works out for me as time goes on.  Fixing only 10 errors at a time in the trial-ware version is indeed time consuming!  (When I first ran the program, I had about 380 errors in my registry.) 

Thank you very much for recommending the program.  So far, it seems to be very safe to use and is it is very thorough.  I also liked the registry optimize (defragmenting) feature in WinASO.  :)

Lar

2 minutes ago, Lar said:

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace,

I downloaded, installed and ran the WinASO registry cleaner program.  I guess that I'll see how it works out for me as time goes on.  Fixing only 10 errors at a time in the trial-ware version is indeed time consuming!  (When I first ran the program, I had about 380 errors in my registry.) 

Thank you very much for recommending the program.  So far, it seems to be very safe to use and is it is very thorough.  I also liked the registry optimize (defragmenting) feature in WinASO.  :)

Lar

You are welcome.  The number of errors it finds is usually quite large, but I've never had a problem caused by WinASO.  I have tried a few others, but feel WinASO is extremely safe.  As I said, I've been using the program for a long time, not the same version number of course.

16 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

You are welcome.  The number of errors it finds is usually quite large, but I've never had a problem caused by WinASO.  I have tried a few others, but feel WinASO is extremely safe.  As I said, I've been using the program for a long time, not the same version number of course.

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace,

I ran the WinASO  again this morning,, and to my surprise, it did not find any errors whatsoever in my registry.    Also, apparently the program is safe: I have not had any computer problems so far, and things seem to be running just a bit faster too.   Thanks again for suggesting WinASO registry cleaner to me.  :) 

Lar

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Lar said:

Hi Saved.One.by.Grace,

I ran the WinASO  again this morning,, and to my surprise, it did not find any errors whatsoever in my registry.    Also, apparently the program is safe: I have not had any computer problems so far, and things seem to be running just a bit faster too.   Thanks again for suggesting WinASO registry cleaner to me.  :) 

Lar

Glad I could help.