• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

I am specifically replying here to vlad, who lives in Russia, but of course this topic is open to all. I was interested to hear from vlad concerning Russia and its motives, as I see it will be first on God`s agenda to have His judgment. I asked vlad concerning my recent blog series on `The Russian War.` He kindly replied with some interesting information -

I have read three parts in your blog. The history of Russia is really tragic. I do not consider myself to be an ethnic Russian but I know what Russia is like (I am 71). Russia is different from what it is in historic literature. In modern Russia people with possible Israeli citizenship play a very important role in the economy and in the country generally. That is why I can not visualize how Russia could be doing those things against Israel as in the prophecy.  When I was a child I remember the period the Soviet Union was supporting Israel and Great Britain supported the Arabs in the conflict. And I saw some cartoons in the Russian papers depicting that. Then the policy changed, then changed again. May be I am ignorant of some latest developments but that is what I know at the moment. I am not a Jew but I have always supported Israel in its fight against terrorism also during the USSR period.  

Best wishes. God bless you.

So what are your thoughts?

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi vlad,

Thank you kindly for your interesting thoughts. I believe that God will judge all nations, as to how they have governed. Interesting that you should mention how the Soviet Union supported Israel and how great Britain supported the Arabs. In my next series on my blog I am preparing `Islam Rising.` So much of `history` is distorted and not many realise that Great Britain and the French did a secret deal after WW1 and `drew a line in the sand` carving up Syria and Iraq. That territory was to have been given to the Arabs as reward for them helping overcome the Turkish, Ottoman Empire. However the French got control of Syria, and the British, of Iraq. And we wonder what all the fighting is about, now, in the Middle East. Mmmmmm

It was only when the Bolsheviks came to power in Russia, that they exposed the secret deal. Those in Great Britain were very embarrassed.

So vlad how do you see Russia and Iran now amassing troops and weapons etc just a few kilometres from the border of Israel. Iran having previously declared to `wipe Israel off the face of the earth?` Do you see any connection to God`s words through the prophet Ezekiel 38: 5?

Also when my uncle was flying many years ago he was sitting next to a person from Russia. He asked them concerning the name `Rosh.` They said is was their word for Russia. Have you heard Russians use that word - Rosh?

Interested in your thoughts, all the best, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you very much for the information most of which is absolutely new to me. That is why I have to study that. The second part concerning "Rosh" is more clear to me as I am a linguist and my specialty is historical linguistics (English and Russian). I will try to analyse and answer the questions in my letters just a little later in the day. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I have been following Russia's history, Church, and News. A friend of mine lives in Moscow and I am ever eager to learn more about Russia's role in the End Times and in the Church. 

Hi Vlad, nice to meet you. Or should I say рад встрече (rad vstreche). 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I have been following Russia's history, Church, and News. A friend of mine lives in Moscow and I am ever eager to learn more about Russia's role in the End Times and in the Church. 

Hi Fidei Defensor, I am just going to send some letters to Marilyn C” God judging Nations, Russia first. in the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS  “ I would like you to read them. Your Russian is correct. Thank you. 

Edited by vlad

I do not belong to the Russian establishment and I do not know the technicalities and specific facts, economic interests, secrets etc. of any countries. That is why I can present my analysis as an extraterrestrial alien, in principle.

Most countries in this world have troops near their borders. If they do not cross the border and if you want peace the best policy is not to touch those armies. A preventive strike is a war. The word 'preventive" in this sense is not a protection. Preventive strikes can easily lead to a major war. The source of war in this case is fear. Fear is a real danger. [Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 112:7,8; Psalm 32:7]. Fear causes overreaction. I understand the words "Fear not" literally as "do not fear" not as a blank cheque.

All the best. Vlad

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Below is part of the article about the Balfour Declaration and Russia's hand in it all. Russian Jews (Israelis) were deeply involved. It is well worth reading to get an accurate historical perspective.

Chaim Weizmann and the Balfour Declaration

Weizmann, a Russian Zionist, settled in England in 1904 to pursue his career in chemistry.  In 1906 his employer introduced him to Lord Balfour, who was anxious to convince Weizmann that the Zionist movement should accept Uganda, rather than Palestine, as a national home. Instead, Weizmann began the process of convincing Balfour that Palestine ought to be the Jewish national home. The British Zionist movement began actively lobbying the British government in their cause, and during the early years of the war found a sympathetic advocate in Mark Sykes, who professed an interest to liberate the 'downtrodden people of the world' including the Armenians, Arabs and Jews. Weizmann also befriended CP Scott, editor of the Manchester Guardian and a sympathizer with the cause of Jewish restoration in Palestine. In 1914, Scott introduced him to Lloyd George, then Chancellor of the Exchequer and later Prime Minister during the war. Later, Scott was an active member of the British Palestine Committee in Manchester, which produced the magazine Palestine, and lobbied for the mandate and Jewish rights in Palestine.

[http://www.zionism-israel.com/Balfour_Declaration_1917.htm]

The origin of the word RUSSIA.

In Russian it is ROSSIA, pronounced [rossiya]. The historical stem here is ROSS.

All the people have the same origin. As the tribes drifted apart they finally formed nationalities and nations. When the word ROSS was coined they spoke different dialects of Germanic and Slavonic on some territory including the territory of modern Russia. They had not drifted apart very much in their culture and dialects by that time and people could communicate without translators. There were no nationalities at that time. Sometimes historians depict that period under the title  "Vikings of the South". The word ROSS may be further traced back to ROTHMENN - the rowing people. 

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Thank you. I just thought that the End of Times is too complex and only the Lord knows when it comes. May be in 1000 years from now. 1000 years is like one day for our Lord. May be modern countries are just not applicable here. Who knows? I would like to think that it is very near and see all the symptoms. But I am a humble human. I love this Forum because I realize that most if not all the members are much better informed in the Scripture.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Thank you. I just thought that the End of Times is too complex and only the Lord knows when it comes. May be in 1000 years from now. 1000 years is like one day for our Lord. May be modern countries are just not applicable here. Who knows? I would like to think that it is very near and see all the symptoms. But I am a humble human. I love this Forum because I realize that most if not all the members are much better informed in the Scripture.

Echoimg St. Peter you are who says the same in 2 Peter Chapter 3, "a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years to the Lord." ??

• Thumbs Up 1