• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

On 10/1/2017 at 11:35 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Is the Brick Cathedral you visit an Old Believer's Church (As you probably know, the Old believers who refused the Major Reforms of Patriarch Nikon, 1605–81; Patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church from 1652 to 1658 who changed crossing yourself with two fingers to three, changed the shape of the Orthodox cross, used different Russian word for Jesus and etc)? 

No, I am not an Old believer. They are mainly in Siberia. I live in the Northern Caucasus. I have met a person who was an Old believer only once by chance. Many Russian Orthodox people are rather tolerant to other denominations and there is a popular rule that if there is no Russian Orthodox church in some other country we may attend service in any other Christian church. A very important fact is that the head of this church is not the Vicar of Christ as in the Catholic church. I was baptized in the Russian Orthodox church. 

Edited by vlad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

6 hours ago, vlad said:

No, I am not an Old believer. They are mainly in Siberia. I live in the Northern Caucasus. I have met a person who was an Old believer only once by chance. Many Russian Orthodox people are rather tolerant to other denominations and there is a popular rule that if there is no Russian Orthodox church in some other country we may attend service in any other Christian church. A very important fact is that the head of this church is not the Vicar of Christ as in the Catholic church. I was baptized in the Russian Orthodox church. 

Interesting. Indeed, there is no Vicar or Mediator between God and Man, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the son of man Christ Jesus," (1 Timothy 2:5), "But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises," (Hebrews 8:6), "to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel," (Hebrews 12:24), and we may come into the holiest place by his Blood, "And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus," (Hebrews 10:19), we may enter God's presence freely by grace and blood of Jesus, "Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault," (Colossians 1:22), "For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit," (1 Peter 3:18), "This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence," (Ephesians 3:11-12), and Christ lives in us, "All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God," (1 John 4:15), "And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth. am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me." (John 17:19-20),"to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory," (Colossians 1:27), "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God," (Ephesians 3:17-19), "'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me," (Revelation 3:20), "Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?," (1 Corinthians 3:16), "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own," (1 Corinthians 6:19), and "But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." (Hebrews 3:6). Finally, we all who believe in Jesus Christ Son of God (1 John 4:15) and God (Colossians 2:9, Colossians 1:19, Titus 2:13) are a royal priesthood, "But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God's people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God's mercy," (1 Peter 2:9-10), ad "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ--if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him." (Romans 8:17). All quotes from Holy Bible, words of Christ and the Apostles. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

9 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Interesting. Indeed, there is no Vicar or Mediator between God and Man, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the son of man Christ Jesus," (1 Timothy 2:5), "But now Jesus, our High Priest, has been given a ministry that is far superior to the old priesthood, for he is the one who mediates for us a far better covenant with God, based on better promises," (Hebrews 8:6), "to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel," (Hebrews 12:24), and we may come into the holiest place by his Blood, "And so, dear brothers and sisters, we can boldly enter heaven's Most Holy Place because of the blood of Jesus," (Hebrews 10:19), we may enter God's presence freely by grace and blood of Jesus, "Yet now he has reconciled you to himself through the death of Christ in his physical body. As a result, he has brought you into his own presence, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault," (Colossians 1:22), "For Christ also suffered for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body, but made alive in the spirit," (1 Peter 3:18), "This was his eternal plan, which he carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord. Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence," (Ephesians 3:11-12), and Christ lives in us, "All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God," (1 John 4:15), "And I give myself as a holy sacrifice for them so they can be made holy by your truth. am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me." (John 17:19-20),"to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory," (Colossians 1:27), "so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God," (Ephesians 3:17-19), "'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me," (Revelation 3:20), "Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?," (1 Corinthians 3:16), "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own," (1 Corinthians 6:19), and "But Christ is faithful as the Son over God's house. And we are His house, if we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope of which we boast." (Hebrews 3:6). Finally, we all who believe in Jesus Christ Son of God (1 John 4:15) and God (Colossians 2:9, Colossians 1:19, Titus 2:13) are a royal priesthood, "But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God's very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light. Once you had no identity as a people; now you are God's people. Once you received no mercy; now you have received God's mercy," (1 Peter 2:9-10), ad "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ--if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him." (Romans 8:17). All quotes from Holy Bible, words of Christ and the Apostles. 

That information is from the Internet (about the Vicar). I do not object to the ideas of other churches. I am against discord. We are talking about a Christian church. It is their own business. I just gave the idea to understand the Russian Christian church better. Of course I am not a priest and my knowledge is limited. We have no mediators as I have said. I am glad we have the main things in common. We are lucky. But if we start to analyze all the differences of Christian churches where we do not belong in public what would be the result?  Discord. And that is the worst thing like sin.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

9 hours ago, vlad said:

That information is from the Internet (about the Vicar). I do not object to the ideas of other churches. I am against discord. We are talking about a Christian church. It is their own business. I just gave the idea to understand the Russian Christian church better. Of course I am not a priest and my knowledge is limited. We have no mediators as I have said. I am glad we have the main things in common. We are lucky. But if we start to analyze all the differences of Christian churches where we do not belong in public what would be the result?  Discord. And that is the worst thing like sin.

Well I wasn't sowing discord, I am sharing what Christ and the Apostles teach according to the Scriptures. Your church, the Russian/Eastern Orthodox Church believes Prima Scriptura: Scripture and Tradition (Seven Ecumenical Church Counsels, Nicene Creed, and etc)are paramount for Orthodox Christian faith, practice, and living. However, Scripture is considered first among the traditions (greatest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

I have actually studied Eastern Orthodoxy (Bishop Kallistos Ware, Katherine Clark, Father John Anthony McGukin) and I attended a Russian Orthodox vigil and talked with a Father named Photios extensively, and I have talkex with Eastern Orthodox Monks online and watched presentations on Youtube from Orthodox priests and read doctrine online/internet. So in regards to Orthodoxy (Russian, Romanian, and Greek, etc) I am not unfamiliar. So that you know. 

I however remain Protestant in regards to indulgences and Roman Catholic doctrines (I protest Transubstantiation because it is a Council of Trent Roman Catholic doctrine, and I protest Mary being a Redeematrix or co-savior, I protest the Pope and papacy, Christ is the only mediator and etc), I am Spirit filled in regard to the Gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Acts 8:10-17), I am Baptist or Bible Church in regard to Scripture, and ultimately Christian, partisian of Christ, and follower of Jesus. 

Edited by Fidei Defensor
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2017 at 8:24 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

Well I wasn't sowing discord, I am sharing what Christ and the Apostles teach according to the Scriptures. Your church, the Russian/Eastern Orthodox Church believes Prima Scriptura: Scripture and Tradition (Seven Ecumenical Church Counsels, Nicene Creed, and etc)are paramount for Orthodox Christian faith, practice, and living. However, Scripture is considered first among the traditions (greatest) in the Eastern Orthodox Church.

I have actually studied Eastern Orthodoxy (Bishop Kallistos Ware, Katherine Clark, Father John Anthony McGukin) and I attended a Russian Orthodox vigil and talked with a Father named Photios extensively, and I have talkex with Eastern Orthodox Monks online and watched presentations on Youtube from Orthodox priests and read doctrine online/internet. So in regards to Orthodoxy (Russian, Romanian, and Greek, etc) I am not unfamiliar. So that you know. 

I however remain Protestant in regards to indulgences and Roman Catholic doctrines (I protest Transubstantiation because it is a Council of Trent Roman Catholic doctrine, and I protest Mary being a Redeematrix or co-savior, I protest the Pope and papacy, Christ is the only mediator and etc), I am Spirit filled in regard to the Gifts (1 Corinthians 12:4-11, Acts 8:10-17), I am Baptist or Bible Church in regard to Scripture, and ultimately Christian, partisian of Christ, and follower of Jesus. 

Dear Fidei Defensor, I want to tell you that I also protest when I feel that something is utterly wrong. As I am not well informed I would like to ask you if there is any church that fights or protests against social inequity through its members in high position. I mean it is no good to criticize a person but it is all right to tell a Christian about his or her actions. For instance: "Brother, such and such action leads to a sin..." Nobody knows, may be top people in the church hierarchy are doing it confidentially (as it should be done). But the worldly test for truth is usually practice that is a practical result. In my subjective perception the total results are not getting better to put it mildly.

Edited by vlad

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,194
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:33 PM, vlad said:

Dear Fidei Defensor, I want to tell you that I also protest when I feel that something is utterly wrong. As I am not well informed I would like to ask you if there is any church that fights or protests against social inequity through its members in high position. I mean it is no good to criticize a person but it is all right to tell a Christian about his or her actions. For instance: "Brother, such and such action leads to a sin..." Nobody knows, may be top people in the church hierarchy are doing it confidentially (as it should be done). But the worldly test for truth is usually practice that is a practical result. In my subjective perception the total results are not getting better to put it mildly.

Hi vlad,

Would like to comment on some things you said. I see that the religious organisation of man are having to more & more align themselves with the world`s view - `We can transform the world` by our own actions. That is, we can fix this ole world and its problems.

Now we know that believers throughout the centuries have looked after the poor, the sick, the outcast, the dying, etc. However the business side of man`s organisations are getting together thinking they can fix the world`s problems - national, racial, class, gender, etc. We know man can never fix them as his heart is damaged and power breeds more power and control, and there is always the poor for there is always the greedy. Man cannot fix his own heart.

You are so right in seeing that individuals can help others, without criticizing. I so have appreciated the work of God in your life as I have read some of your responses. We can all learn from your heart of mercy and grace bro.

God be with you, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi vlad,

Would like to comment on some things you said. I see that the religious organisation of man are having to more & more align themselves with the world`s view - `We can transform the world` by our own actions. That is, we can fix this ole world and its problems.

Now we know that believers throughout the centuries have looked after the poor, the sick, the outcast, the dying, etc. However the business side of man`s organisations are getting together thinking they can fix the world`s problems - national, racial, class, gender, etc. We know man can never fix them as his heart is damaged and power breeds more power and control, and there is always the poor for there is always the greedy. Man cannot fix his own heart.

You are so right in seeing that individuals can help others, without criticizing. I so have appreciated the work of God in your life as I have read some of your responses. We can all learn from your heart of mercy and grace bro.

God be with you, Marilyn.

Thank you Marilyn, I agree with you. And there is so much do be done. I often involuntarily compare modern practice and how the Apostles lived. They were born as ordinary people as me. But what a gap. I am not talking about the heads of churches. Let them analyse it themselves. I am talking about myself and feel shame.

God bless.

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Thank you Marilyn, I agree with you. And there is so much do be done. I often involuntarily compare modern practice and how the Apostles lived. They were born as ordinary people as me. But what a gap. I am not talking about the heads of churches. Let them analyse it themselves. I am talking about myself and feel shame.

God bless.

Oh dear vlad,

I know what you mean to some degree, however I have learned to know that `shame` can be the enemy`s tool. The Lord convicts our hearts and shows us what we need to do - attitude, behaviour, action etc. We need to remember that who ever of us, past or present are only able to operate, do things because that is His `job` for us. `Job,` is not really the best word, I mean what the Lord desires to do through that person or us in His purposes. If you know what I mean, so that NO ONE can get any glory for it is the Lord who works through such & such.

I do believe you have learned humbleness, patience, graciousness and slow to anger. These are some attributes of the Lord that I see have been worked out in your life amid the daily grind. You have yielded to that process and I can `smell` as it were the fragrance of the Lord from your humble spirit. (2 Cor. 2: 15 & 16)

Be encouraged, bro, you are being what the Lord is making you.  

regards, Marilyn. 

8 hours ago, vlad said:

God bless.

Hi vlad,

I would like to share a portion of an old prophecy that my grandmother kept. I think it would encourage your heart, and others if they read.

The Lord says -

` It is not the towering ability of individual men that will bring the close of this dispensation to an end, but it will be the ripening , the moulding, the perfecting of a Body of People that will be peculiarly Mine. There will be no possibility for `flesh` to glory, for all will be interwoven one into the other, and

- in the centre of them will be the  Fires of Divine Affection,

- in the centre of them will be the seeds of Divine Love,

- in the centre of them will be the deposit of the Eternal Purpose of God;

and when that time will come, it will be far greater! - drawing from the earth a people (who have been Mine) in the sense of rapture; it will be the carrying away from the earth of that functional Organ from the realm of Time into its Eternal Setting, .......`

regards, Marilyn.

BTW the prophecy was through a prophet - Pastor J.D.Eynon, at a church conference at Penygroes in Wales, 1943. The focus of the conference was `Amazing Love.`

• This is Worthy 1

16 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Oh dear vlad,

I know what you mean to some degree, however I have learned to know that `shame` can be the enemy`s tool. The Lord convicts our hearts and shows us what we need to do - attitude, behaviour, action etc. We need to remember that who ever of us, past or present are only able to operate, do things because that is His `job` for us. `Job,` is not really the best word, I mean what the Lord desires to do through that person or us in His purposes. If you know what I mean, so that NO ONE can get any glory for it is the Lord who works through such & such.

I do believe you have learned humbleness, patience, graciousness and slow to anger. These are some attributes of the Lord that I see have been worked out in your life amid the daily grind. You have yielded to that process and I can `smell` as it were the fragrance of the Lord from your humble spirit. (2 Cor. 2: 15 & 16)

Be encouraged, bro, you are being what the Lord is making you.  

regards, Marilyn. 

Thank you sister. You encourage me.