Marilyn C

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I have heard part of the crack down on cults is to consolidate the Russian Orthodox Church's position in Russia. Have you seen anything to this effect? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

10 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again vlad,

Thank you so much for looking into the meaning of the word `Ross,` or `Rosh.` That information is very interesting. Now did you know that Ezekiel the prophet talks about them?

`Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal,.....` (Ez. 38: 2)

Would you also mind investigating the Russian word `meer?` Does that mean `peace, the world?`

regards, Marilyn.

Thank you. Yes, I have only found one etymology for  this entry: Russian "МИР" [mi:r] ("peace", "the world"). The meanings coincide with the etymology. The ultimate origin and corresponding forms outside the Slavonic forms must have been lost. Today they are two different homonymic words in Russian.

Edited by vlad
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I have heard part of the crack down on cults is to consolidate the Russian Orthodox Church's position in Russia. Have you seen anything to this effect? 

I have herd only about cancelling the registration of Jehovah Witnesses. Anyway as I watch TV I come to the conclusion that in practice people meet in groups, large groups and there is no spying on them as probably was in the former USSR. Nobody really cares . And that lasts as long as nothing extraordinary happens like murder or ritual suicide, or some mother reporting her daughter missing for a long time, something like that. Of course extremist cults like ISIS are nipped in the bud.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi again vlad,

Thank you so much for looking into the meaning of the word `Ross,` or `Rosh.` That information is very interesting. Now did you know that Ezekiel the prophet talks about them?

`Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal,.....` (Ez. 38: 2)

Would you also mind investigating the Russian word `meer?` Does that mean `peace, the world?`

regards, Marilyn.

Hi! I have found some new information concerning Ezekiel. He lived probably in the 6th century BC. If it is so, then at that time  the people who later became Germanic and Slavonic tribes in all probability were practically one people yet. Then  Rosh ( if it is traced back to ROSS refers not only to what would become Russia but to all the Germanic people as well.  ROSS often refers to ancient Swedes as well as Slavonic people and this stem is said to be in some place names in western Europe. 

1 hour ago, vlad said:

I have herd only about cancelling the registration of Jehovah Witnesses. Anyway as I watch TV I come to the conclusion that in practice people meet in groups, large groups and there is no spying on them as probably was in the former USSR. Nobody really cares . And that lasts as long as nothing extraordinary happens like murder or ritual suicide, or some mother reporting her daughter missing for a long time, something like that. Of course extremist cults like ISIS are nipped in the bud.

Pres. Putin and the Russian govt have taken a more serious stance against iSIS. One report I heard os that Putin gave the green light to invade Ukraine and neighboring countries because they weren't keeping ISIS out and it was threatening Russia by letting radicals cross the border. Have yoy heard this explanation? 

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Pres. Putin and the Russian govt have taken a more serious stance against iSIS. One report I heard os that Putin gave the green light to invade Ukraine and neighboring countries because they weren't keeping ISIS out and it was threatening Russia by letting radicals cross the border. Have yoy heard this explanation? 

No, I would not trust that report. You will see for yourself.

2 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

That is all out of the question. I am sure there is nothing to support that report.

9 hours ago, vlad said:

Yes. I think that covers all meetings and public gatherings. There is to be an application and a permission. I would suggest special places for meetings and gatherings in every city. Like Speakers Corner in Hyde  Park at least. It needs a Parliamentary decision.

Dear Fidei Defensor. It is not all about the Gospel. See for yourself. I live in the Southern part of Russia. Most people are Russians here. But when my son came to see us from Canada he went downtown as usual and on returning he said that he had not heard a single word in Russian. People speak many different languages in the streets and in the cafes. They are very very religious as a rule. They have different religions to that. So I prefer a person-to-person contact and would not agree to preach publicly. They do not do it either and there is peace and order.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Dear Fidei Defensor. It is not all about the Gospel. See for yourself. I live in the Southern part of Russia. Most people are Russians here. But when my son came to see us from Canada he went downtown as usual and on returning he said that he had not heard a single word in Russian. People speak many different languages in the streets and in the cafes. They are very very religious as a rule. They have different religions to that. So I prefer a person-to-person contact and would not agree to preach publicly. They do not do it either and there is peace and order.

Well when I mean preach in public is just that. I dont mean get up on box and use bullhorn or use tracts. I mean can you having coffee with a friend and share the Gospel with them and even share the Gospel with the barista/coffee brewer , and waiter, and waitress? I am not referring to street vendor Gospel sharing, I mean can you one on one share the Gospel with anybody?  

Edited by Fidei Defensor

9 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Well when I mean preach in public is just that. I dont mean get up on box and use bullhorn or use tracts. I mean can you having coffee with a friend and share the Gospel with them and even share the Gospel with the barista/coffee brewer , and waiter, and waitress? I am not referring to street vendor Gospel sharing, I mean can you one on one share the Gospel with anybody?  

Oh! I got it. Of course we all can share the Gospel here. We could in the USSR in a small way except when Stalin was alive. My wife was baptized under the USSR and she was a teacher then.Very good sense of humor you have, I mean "a box and a bullhorn". I just imagined how it could end up with a bullhorn here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1