• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

52 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

I know!  But being just a regular person, if I could afford to spend that much , I would find something more meaningful than a dress to spend it on.  I don't criticize her for spending HER money though and neither should the dumb media.

I would maybe spend it on bills? Bizarre idea :noidea:

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Would we really want to discuss these things in detail? 

Does it bring honor to the Lord?

Psalm 141:3

Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Well, yes, LK.  That's what you or I would do but rich people think differently I guess.   Honestly, I don't even like that pink dress.  My only problem is is the media criticizing her for it.  Not their money, none of their business.  And, yeah, I use Kohl's coupons too; the day I pay $3000 for a dress is the day I will know I've done lost my mind!!!!.

It's really nothing new. As far back as I can remember the press always had something to say about the First Lady's clothing or hair. What always bug me about it was  that they didn't do that to the husband/president. But it seem the women had to just be all cute and beautiful at all times. She was't suppose to have a brain.  While her husband/president could be as ugly as a mud stick and no one would care. It always came off as sexiest to me . I wonder if we ever have a First Man, if he would be expected to just go around looking all cute and beautiful as well? 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

46 minutes ago, angels4u said:

I would very much like to go into that. But it is much too late for me to be able to put my full attention into it. But it does indeed sound like a good topic. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Actually, Angels, no, it's petty nonsense.  My point was Mrs. Trump being criticized for the price of her clothing and that is simply unfair since ALL First Ladies have worn expensive clothes and, other than Michele Obama, were not criticized for it.  First Ladies don't run for office but they often get flak.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.13
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

It's really nothing new. As far back as I can remember the press always had something to say about the First Lady's clothing or hair. What always bug me about it was  that they didn't do that to the husband/president. But it seem the women had to just be all cute and beautiful at all times. She was't suppose to have a brain.  While her husband/president could be as ugly as a mud stick and no one would care. It always came off as sexiest to me . I wonder if we ever have a First Man, if he would be expected to just go around looking all cute and beautiful as well? 

A mud stick???  :laugh:  LK, you know as well as I that men are not judged like women are.  One of these days we WILL have a First Gentleman and the dumb media had BETTER criticize his hair and clothes.  Oh, and his shoes!  Michele Obama was absolutely trashed for her BELT a few years ago and for wearing 'gasp' shorts in Hawaii.  It's all dumb.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

40 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

A mud stick???  :laugh:  LK, you know as well as I that men are not judged like women are.  One of these days we WILL have a First Gentleman and the dumb media had BETTER criticize his hair and clothes.  Oh, and his shoes!  Michele Obama was absolutely trashed for her BELT a few years ago and for wearing 'gasp' shorts in Hawaii.  It's all dumb.

Well, in my opinion, the dumb media does this, because people show interest in it. If no one cared, they would be talking about it. Obviously some people do, since they are even talking about it here!

Transferring that thought to the First Gentleman, if there ever is one,  will anyone care if he could make the cover of GQ? I am betting, yes, they will. It is not as if there were no criticisms and speculations of Trump's hair, or the media sharing stories about how cute Bill Clinton was.

I don't think it is driven by sexism, I think it is driven by the curiousity of people, nothing very intelectual.

Why do people care who was wearing what on the Red Carpet? Search me, I sure don't. Is there a double standard with the appearence of woman compared to men? Sure there is. Part of that, is not sexism though, fashions for women, for example, are not driven by what men think (unless the men are clothing designers) as much as by what women think. They, and the money they are willing to spend on clothing, is what drives it primarily.

If we have a Miss America contest, how are the contestants judged? The certainly do not choose the most beautiful, or the most well dressed. It is a mixture of that, and talents, and how well they interview and other things perhaps hard to quantify.

When there is a relatively equivalent contest for men, it is about how chiseled their muscles look while shiny with oil, if they do not look too grotesque. Still pretty shallow.

Still, in all of this, money plays a big part, and that is determined by how many people are interested. Professional sports are all about how to make money. I think it is pretty silly personally, that so much money is spent, watching other people play games, but that is just me.

So, how many people in this thread or outside of it, encourage these behaviors, by watching T.V., reading newpapers and magazine, websites etc., where these things can be kept up with?

• This is Worthy 1

I can think of a lot more things to spend that kind of money on, that would actually do some good, than that horrid dress (or ANY dress)! Ugh. 

Guest shiloh357
8 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

The average pastor's wife can totally relate.   Many times, women in the churches can be brutal about how she dresses, how she keeps house, her cooking skills, and everything.    I don't understand why women do that to each other.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, MorningGlory said:

Actually, Angels, no, it's petty nonsense.  My point was Mrs. Trump being criticized for the price of her clothing and that is simply unfair since ALL First Ladies have worn expensive clothes and, other than Michele Obama, were not criticized for it.  First Ladies don't run for office but they often get flak.

What I don,t understand why people really care making all those nasty comments how they spend their money,they,re responsible to God what they do with it just like us ,why don,t we have something more uplifting to say about them? I don,t believe for one minute their lives are easy saling....

Now some compliments would be nice ?

If they would read these post would it attract them to Jesus?

Can they see Jesus in us?

Love you MG ,pls don,t take this personal....