• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

4 hours ago, missmuffet said:

That is how I make my french toast. I don't add anything to the egg batter. But I get that white thing that is on the egg off. It can show up on the french toast. I first fry my bacon and I add a good size butter patty to the bacon grease. Then I fry my french toast. A little bit of butter on the french toast swimming in maple syrup :) It is called the heart attack breakfast.

4bb6497a2834dcd254cc26cc26ed7ac6--easy-french-toast-cinnamon-french-toast.jpg

That looks nice but the amount of MSyrup is pretty hectic!

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That's pretty good.  So we don't need to mail any cookbooks to Australia, after all.

I like loaded hash-browns.  There is a nice place near by called, "Smiths" that is like IHOP and you can order it there.   You start off with your choice of meat (sausage, bacon or ham), fry that up and then top that with sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms, cover all of that in golden fried hash-brown potatoes (enough to almost cover the plate), and then melt a generous amount of cheese over the hash-browns and then one fried egg on top.   And since that is not enough, you split a buttermilk biscuit (kind of like a scone) in half on top of the egg and then drown the biscuit in sausage gravy.

You can skip lunch after that kind of breakfast, let me tell you!

Is this a serious meal? How can you fit that all in??!!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, HisFirst said:

Is this a serious meal? How can you fit that all in??!!

Yes, it is a totally serious meal.  Man food.   Sometimes you don't finish it.   You have to be really, really hungry, or have someone to share with!

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, it is a totally serious meal.  Man food.   Sometimes you don't finish it.   You have to be really, really hungry, or have someone to share with!

It does  sound good but that would totally wipe me out for the next 24 hours!!

Guest shiloh357
Just now, HisFirst said:

It does  sound good but that would totally wipe me out for the next 24 hours!!

Oh yes. It would do for the rest of the day!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Oh my, all that stuff just looks like a belly ache. But today I was nearly compelled by a force to order the chicken fingers and waffles  with scullions and bacon bits with pecan sauce at Bob Evans for lunch.

I actually did it thinking of this thread and putting salt on waffles. Yep I ordered it, looked at it, gad a disgusting looking mass of food. But- it was delicious and I ate the whole thing.

I don't think I can read these kinds of threads in the future. I'll soon weigh three hundred pounds and have diabetes  plus congestive heart failure if I do.

• Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Oh my, all that stuff just looks like a belly ache. But today I was nearly compelled by a force to order the chicken fingers and waffles  with scullions and bacon bits with pecan sauce at Bob Evans for lunch.

Sounds good, but you forgot the gravy.  No meal is complete without the gravy!!  :P

I actually did it thinking of this thread and putting salt on waffles. Yep I ordered it, looked at it, gad a disgusting looking mass of food. But- it was delicious and I ate the whole thing.

I don't think I can read these kinds of threads in the future. I'll soon weigh three hundred pounds and have diabetes  plus congestive heart failure if I do.

Yes, you can't eat like that all of the time.  But once a while, like before a long hike or if you are doing to be spending the day doing a lot of heavy labor, these kinds of breakfasts will give you energy.  It's not so bad if you are going to burn off all of those calories.  I would not eat like that and then just sit around.

When I eat like that the only thing I have left is "sit". There is no  "burn it" selection in my gear box anymore.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Oy Vey! 1

Now I can fast, and do the water drinking thing,  likely will today until my Chiropractic appointment. My chiropractor is the son of my  first Chiropractor. I was his coach for T ball when he was about five years old.  He has kids older than T-ball players now! 

The idea of burning off calories is a fading memory, even at a gym using my silver slippers member card - silver slippers- really?  Guess so, got to go try on a pair I guess.

Actually I am doing another round of battle trying to get my hip and back to agree to a truce with my brain's pain center so I can get back to something resembling "burn" mode. But right now, no that gear don't work no mor'.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Sounds good, but you forgot the gravy.  No meal is complete without the gravy!!  :P

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement! :D