bornagain2011

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

I was out on a walk yesterday and talking to my husband about the affect believing in a pretrib rapture has on me. This is what I realized...

1. If I believe it is imminent, I am looking up for Jesus, with excitement and hope and joy. Whereas if I believe it's later I am in fear looking for the Antichrist, I would be stocking up on food and hunkering down.

2. If I believe the Lord will return at any moment i am wanting to share the Gospel with people in a sense of urgency so they can escape the tribulation and be ruptured as well. BUT, if I believe we will ALL go through the tribulation regardless, then I would be tempted to wait until the Antichrist pops up and starts telling people to take the mark so I can tell them "see, now you believe me! So don't  take the mark!". I will be more credible by that point.

3. If I believe in the soon return and imminent rapture I am drawing closer to God out of love, and loving others. But if I believe the Lord tarries I would say to myself "The Master delays His coming! No hurry no worry!" and I begin to live worldly. Which is easy for me to slip into.

4. I do not know when the Lord returns, but if it it post trib  or mid trib  it can be easily calculated. 

Also this...

Jewish wedding_zps6jrgcqwe.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

11 minutes ago, bornagain2011 said:

I was out on a walk yesterday and talking to my husband about the affect believing in a pretrib rapture has on me. This is what I realized...

1. If I believe it is imminent, I am looking up for Jesus, with excitement and hope and joy. Whereas if I believe it's later I am in fear looking for the Antichrist, I would be stocking up on food and hunkering down.

2. If I believe the Lord will return at any moment i am wanting to share the Gospel with people in a sense of urgency so they can escape the tribulation and be ruptured as well. BUT, if I believe we will ALL go through the tribulation regardless, then I would be tempted to wait until the Antichrist pops up and starts telling people to take the mark so I can tell them "see, now you believe me! So don't  take the mark!". I will be more credible by that point.

3. If I believe in the soon return and imminent rapture I am drawing closer to God out of love, and loving others. But if I believe the Lord tarries I would say to myself "The Master delays His coming! No hurry no worry!" and I begin to live worldly. Which is easy for me to slip into.

4. I do not know when the Lord returns, but if it it post trib  or mid trib  it can be easily calculated. 

Also this...

Jewish wedding_zps6jrgcqwe.jpg

Yes, it is our blessed hope that we may see Jesus Christ at any moment. When I first became a Christian I did much research on the different eschatology views. My heart just stuck on pre tribulation because it is the only one that made sense after reading scripture and knowing God's grace and mercy and His love for His Church.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Yes, we don't need to go through the tribulation to be purified, the blood of the Lamb purifies us.

A lot of times I will hear people say "well, the church is being persecuted in other countries, so what makes you so special that you think the Lord will save you from persecution ?"

Well yes, in this life we will have persecution. That is from the enemy. The 7 year tribulation is wrath from God. The WHOLE thing! Not just the last half. Things are not peachy at the first seal! There will be incredible devestation from the seals. The whole 7 years is God's wrath and judgment! It's just the last half is the great tribulation against the Jews by the Antichrist. And more wrath from God.

I haven't studied prophecy enough to know whether the people who come to Christ during that time will endure Gods wrath or be supernaturally protected . I know the 144,000 Jews will be protected. 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.47
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

On 9/23/2017 at 9:54 PM, bornagain2011 said:

When the rapture happens do you think the people left behind will know what has happened?

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Every eye means just that. Everyone living and dead will see Jesus' coming.

Now, how they choose to explain/explain away that fact, THAT is where the real question lies:

"Those who are ready" will be caught up into Him.

Many of the Jews will accept that they were wrong, and become converted, but too late to be caught up along with the believers.

The ones who mourn will start hatching all kinds of conspiracy theories to explain it all away as a fraud.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:07 AM, Daniel 11:36 said:

There are a number of scriptures that when taken together describe the Lord's intent to make believers of today immortal just before He brings wrath and judgement upon an unbelieving world 

I have studied the Bible very carefully and there just isn't any scripture that says or even implies that God intends to take His people to heaven; to avoid trials and testing, then to live there and later, to Return with Jesus. 

This whole idea contradicts what Jesus taught and all the prophesies telling us what God really does want from His people. 

Revelation 20:11-15 and 21:1-8 are quite clear: Immortality is only given after the GWT Judgment. There is no immortality before testing and judgement.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

"There is no immortality before testing and judgement."

According to your own ideas

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Abdicate has the answer ... the snare will come, but those who are worthy will escape

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Luke 21:34-36 (KJV)
And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Luke 21:36 Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming...... Revised English Bible. 

This is the correct translation of this verse. Proved by verse 35, that says this test will come upon everyone the whole world over. Thinking that some people will be removed first and especially before any judgement, is anomalous, unbiblical and simply cannot happen. 

Those who have ben fooled by Satan into believing an 'escape', are in for a very nasty shock. Sadly, many will lose their faith as a result. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Keras said:

Luke 21:36 Be on the alert, praying at all times for the strength to pass safely through all that is coming...... Revised English Bible. 

This is the correct translation of this verse. Proved by verse 35, that says this test will come upon everyone the whole world over. Thinking that some people will be removed first and especially before any judgement, is anomalous, unbiblical and simply cannot happen. 

Those who have ben fooled by Satan into believing an 'escape', are in for a very nasty shock. Sadly, many will lose their faith as a result. 

Being prepared is paramount.  People can hope for the best so long as they're prepared for the worst.  It all comes down to lifestyle worship.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

9 hours ago, Abdicate said:

Ok, so you don't believe in the rapture... what word would you use to point to this passage of scripture?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (KJV)
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

I'm not scolding, I'm honestly asking. You said you don't believe there's a clear verse, so what word would you choose to describe this event? I really am asking.

If you read that verse you will notice it says nothing about going to heaven. Granted that is a rapture verse, but it dose not say anything about going to heaven.