bornagain2011

Rapture thoughts

On 10/3/2017 at 7:40 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi Retro,

Always good to know who the Lord is talking to bro.

regards, Marilyn.

Shalom, Marilyn.

Okay, I'll bite: What do you mean by this statement? At first, I'll admit, I took it as a compliment: "Always good (for me) to know who (Retro) the Lord is talking to, bro'." After some thought, though, I've reconsidered: "Always good (for you, Retro) to know who (the disciples) the Lord is talking to, bro'." So, what's your point?

2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Marilyn.

Okay, I'll bite: What do you mean by this statement? At first, I'll admit, I took it as a compliment: "Always good (for me) to know who (Retro) the Lord is talking to, bro'." After some thought, though, I've reconsidered: "Always good (for you, Retro) to know who (the disciples) the Lord is talking to, bro'." So, what's your point?

Hi Retro,

Always good to discuss with you bro. And yes my statement could have been taken both ways. This is what caught my eye, & really I am interjecting here on your discussion with Abdicate. However as you know I do love God`s word regarding eschatology. This is your statement -

While some believe that the Kingdom of God is in "Heaven," notice that Luke sets the record straight: "until the Kingdom of God SHALL COME!"

So we know the word `kingdom` means `rule.` Thus the Lord is talking to the people of Israel concerning His rulership coming to them, as you rightly said, (I believe) in the millennium. As the Lord is referring to His rulership on earth, that does not exclude His rulership elsewhere in His great dominion.

regards, Marilyn.

It is very sad that there is such a proliferation of theories and ideas about what will happen in the last days. This is actually a strong indication of who it is that causes these disagreement and arguments: the author of lies, the great deceiver must be behind most, if not all of it.
Jesus warned us to be not deceived;
Matthew 24:4, so we know it can happen! Has any of us never been fooled? We are all suckers for a good deal or investment, but if it is too good to be true; then it probably isn't true!

The idea of a rapture removal to heaven before disaster strikes, is a prime example and when this and other things like prosperity theology are preached and taught by people of high standing, it's no wonder that many are led to believe those teachings. People fail to check their Bibles for proof that what they have been told, is really what the Lord has planned.
What we Christians are plainly told, is that we can expect trials and testing,
1 Peter 3:12, and we must endure and stand strong in our faith. Revelation 13:9-10

HOWEVER, if good Christian people have believed a wrong teaching about what the Lord will do for them, this is not a salvation issue. PROVIDED; they do not lose their faith that He will save them.
This is where, unfortunately, so many will fall away when the test comes. What they expected won't happen and they will renounce God, to their eternal loss.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Keras said:

HOWEVER, if good Christian people have believed a wrong teaching about what the Lord will do for them, this is not a salvation issue. PROVIDED; they do not lose their faith that He will save them.
This is where, unfortunately, so many will fall away when the test comes. What they expected won't happen and they will renounce God, to their eternal loss.

I agree.  That's why I keep reiterating that its a matter of lifestyle worship.  Those who put into practice the teachings of Jesus build their house on the rock.  They are who Jesus calls wise.  The wise will be ready.  The foolish will not.

• Thumbs Up 1

I believe in the pre tribulation rapture, but if it doesn't happen I am aware of what comes next and what to look for. I wouldn't lose my faith. The Lord is the author and finisher of my faith and it is strong in the Lord no matter what happens.

I don't think a true born again Christian with the Holy Spirit of God can lose their Holy Spirit and fall away from the faith. I know there are scriptures that appear thug way, but there are also verses that say we can't. Like the one that says nothing can separate us from God. I think people could get distracted by life and not be as on fire for the Lord during some seasons in life, but I don't think they've lost their salvation.