• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

There is a devotional, a good one too, for it has me looking over crowns and diadems, plus thinking about the symbolism of casting bread crumbs on  water.

Somehow that concept of casting misses the mark for my own visuals of the high privilege of receiving even one crown, the crown of life. I think I am more inclined to cling to any crown received in order to place it personally at the feet of Jesus. So I don't really get the idea of casting crowns or crumbs of bread on a river. Casting away sins casting crowns . I really don't yet grasp it well in my mind's eye. That is too close a visual to the Lotus Blossom dropping seeds on a river for me to embrace. It reflects too closely an impersonal continuance of life or life forces. Might be picky on my part, but the idea of casting fits better with casting away  my troubles than with casting away my very salvation a symbol of which I see in the crown of Life.

Humility is seen in my mind's eye in placing  any crown  received at the feet of my Lord Jesus, appreciation, awe all of those things too. But casting on a river?  Wrong culture for me I guess. For that seems to me  a rather casual treatment of that which is my Lord's Glory. Just don't "see" nor feel that one. Sorry.

BUT it is grand that the devotion has me looking at the number of crowns and diadems, including the honor of gray hair of which I still have a few. So thanks thanks for the devotional.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,242
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Hello Neighbor. I always understood casting bread (from grain seeds)upon the water, would flow (beyond your own needs) to some others need. In due time, it may grow, and come back to you, blessing you. I never understood it to have anything to do with your salvation. Just evidence of it. If what you cast is not received (take root) so be it. As the rest of this chapter shows, we should not be afraid or over cautious in sowing seed/bread/charity etc. It will flow where it will flow, it will fall where it will fall. I see it to do whats right, and leave the results to God.

Ecc 11:1  Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
Ecc 11:2  Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
Ecc 11:3  If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
Ecc 11:4  He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
Ecc 11:5  As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
Ecc 11:6  In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I like the alternative imaging on both of those responses.