• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

By:  Marshall Ramsey II

HOLLYWOOD, California -- A new television series is coming out, one that threatens the "safety" of Hollywood politics.

"The Last Evangelist" is a show produced by David Heavener, "an award-winning filmmaker and actor producing and distributing hundreds of features for HBO, Showtime, USA and others worldwide."  A Bible-believing Christian, as well as one who believes that we are living in the "last days", that is, the time immediately preceding the return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth, David was dissatisfied with the Hollywood machine and set out to do something different.

"When I made movies in the past, it was kind of like a formula," says David.  "It was a way of doing things.  But now I'm realizing the formula is different, the way of doing things is different, because I'm totally dependent upon God."

David is no stranger to making movies.  He has written, produced, and directed more than 20 movies, including 'Outlaw Prophet' and 'Angel Blade' and has worked with some of the biggest stars in Hollywood including Martin Landau, Margot Kidder, and Marc Singer.

Concerning the timing of production on the series, David said he gets frustrated because of how God wants him to do things, but is trusting God with the outcome.

"David, I want you to wait on me.  I am going to send the right people to you," said God.  "Every actor in this TV series will be sent by me for a purpose and a time."

"It's really difficult right now, because I can't just go out and cast anybody I want," says David.  "I'm praying to God for each and every part in this series, because what happens if someone gets on the set and they're sent by Satan and they sabotage the whole project?"

The opposition to the project is already manifesting, both from within Hollywood and Christianity.  In an e-mail dated June 6, 2017, David discusses some of the personal losses he has experienced due to his work on 'The Last Evangelist'.

"I've lost a good friend, an acting gig and a theatrical agent because I'm taking a hard stand against political correctness and spiritual deception in these end times."

In another e-mail dated August 14, 2017, David relates some of the things people have told him, all before production on the show has even started.

"Since I announced The Last Evangelist series and what it's about, a few of my film industry buddies have cautioned me, “Stop speaking out against Hollywood – you’ll lose acting jobs!”

"I’ve been warned by some well-intended clergy, “Don’t let the series take such a harsh stand against organized religion.”

All this and we haven't even started filming yet!"

David is very specific in how he categorizes the Hollywood way of doing things.

"'I find it bizarre that they tell me to take the "high road," says David.  "High road? Are you kidding me? The Hollywood system and the counterfeit religious system are not high roads at all. They are highways to hell. "

A full catalog of e-mail newsletters from David can be found here:  http://us9.campaign-archive2.com/home/?u=e4716c510a431688243e6b79a&id=86dc02b7f2

Clearly, 'The Last Evangelist' is aimed at the heart of Hollywood and the churches in these last days and is certain to cause controversy.  May God protect this show and the people involved with it.

imdb.com and https://www.davidheavener.com/last-evangelist/ contributed to this article

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

OH , I will be praying all right.   I pray this movie does not have that new age all inclusive type gospel being spread.

I am so worn out with what they are doing to christain movies these days.   And I have to admit I got worried when I seen what I saw.

the formula is different the way of doing things is different...........that sent red flags in my heart.  Due to I have heard words similar to this

and then their NEW WAY seems SO NEW AGE.   I pray , I truly pray this movie is a reflection of the ONE TRUE GOSPLE and not the All inclusive hug all correct none

gospel of today.    OH dear I pray it has nothing to do with that new age gospel .   I truly do.    I truly truly do.

• Thumbs Up 1

The last evangelical IS COMING though,  HE was the FIRST and HE IS THE LAST .  And will come for his own and to deliver the wrath of GOD upon all who rejected HIM

and HIS SAYINGS.   SO , it time for some serious gospel preaching ,    I pray that movie SHOWS The TRUE CHRIST , the TRUE GOSPLE

but so many have went under the all inclusive spell.   I pray this man has not.    I do not know Him, so I cant say one way or the other.

But now its time to research him.   and see .   We must test all things . WE MUST .  

10 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

OH , I will be praying all right.   I pray this movie does not have that new age all inclusive type gospel being spread.

I am so worn out with what they are doing to christain movies these days.   And I have to admit I got worried when I seen what I saw.

the formula is different the way of doing things is different...........that sent red flags in my heart.  Due to I have heard words similar to this

and then their NEW WAY seems SO NEW AGE.   I pray , I truly pray this movie is a reflection of the ONE TRUE GOSPLE and not the All inclusive hug all correct none

gospel of today.    OH dear I pray it has nothing to do with that new age gospel .   I truly do.    I truly truly do.

I watched his video.    So far it seems good.    So far.  but it has to keep getting tested.   When is this supposed to be aired.

I'm not certain, but hopefully by the end of this year.

• 1 month later...

David said that filming is planned for early 2018.  He is looking for assistance in these areas:  Public Relations, Marketing, Fundraising, Graphic Design, Copy Writing, Video Editing, Publicity & Promotions, Social Media

If you wish, or know someone who wishes to assist, please contact David at David@Davidheavener.com  or TheLastEvangelistSeries@gmail.com.  Prayer requests also being accepted at TheLastEvangelistSeries@gmail.com

David will be broadcasting it on Roku.  Here's the address:  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/178366/david-heavener-tv