• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

Hi guys, 

A random post here :) But would be interested to read your answers if you have time to share.

I guess I should not assume that everyone who comments drives... but I guess even a non-driver can share their thoughts.

When stopped at a Robot (or traffic light, as I have learned to call it) and waiting for the light to turn green, there is the moment when all the traffic starts up again. If you are right up front, holding up traffic behind you, are you okay when the car next to you pulls away faster than you or not?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Heck no, that's when you floor it! If your not leaving black marks and smoke, you ain't going fast enough!

Lol jk. Honestly though when I'm at a traffic light I'm watching the other direction and lights. When my light turns green I'm moving unless someone from the other direction runs their light. I dislike holding up traffic and I hate it when others do. Especially in my town where we have some super short lights.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Annette said:

Hi guys, 

A random post here :) But would be interested to read your answers if you have time to share.

I guess I should not assume that everyone who comments drives... but I guess even a non-driver can share their thoughts.

When stopped at a Robot (or traffic light, as I have learned to call it) and waiting for the light to turn green, there is the moment when all the traffic starts up again. If you are right up front, holding up traffic behind you, are you okay when the car next to you pulls away faster than you or not?

Back when I lived in the city I drove a stick shift.  It would take me like 1 sec to get my foot off the clutch and onto the gas when the stop light turn green. In that small about of time horns behind me would all start blowing at me. One day a guy drove up to me in the other lane and shook his fist at me then started calling me names. I hate the city. It's not the place for me. 

I'm actually a very mellow person and I have no ideal why people are in such a hurry and why they scream at me when I am driving. 

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Heck no, that's when you floor it! If your not leaving black marks and smoke, you ain't going fast enough!

Lol jk. Honestly though when I'm at a traffic light I'm watching the other direction and lights. When my light turns green I'm moving unless someone from the other direction runs their light. I dislike holding up traffic and I hate it when others do. Especially in my town where we have some super short lights.

Hey Pat, thanks for keeping us all laughing.:) Those lights changing quick can be a real schlep!

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

Back when I lived in the city I drove a stick shift.  It would take me like 1 sec to get my foot off the clutch and onto the gas when the stop light turn green. In that small about of time horns behind me would all start blowing at me. One day a guy drove up to me in the other lane and shook his fist at me then started calling me names. I hate the city. It's not the place for me. 

I'm actually a very mellow person and I have no ideal why people are in such a hurry and why they scream at me when I am driving. 

Thanks for sharing your story Lady Kay :) Hearing your story of driving a stick shift, I am reminded of the first time I drove an automatic. We were in Durban, South Africa, and I did not know the town at all. For some reason there were only three drivers available at the time, and there were three cars that needed to be driven, so I got to drive an automatic for the first time. I remember thinking that I was going to follow the car in front of me as much as I could. We never had phones to use the map then if we got separated or lost. It was an experience :)