• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,509
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Seriously, it never happens. I do not deliberately speed, but I hit the on button on the floor and go to nine over speed limit and hold it there. Police here give nine over and take on ten over. And, I almost never go 17 over, for that gets into  aggressive being written on the ticket, an insurance no no!  Well unless I am on I-75 then it is all bets off. We all go 85 minimum. Go less than 85 n everyone will whip around and salute. 

I do not like having to be a in a pack around here, too many gray heads making lefts from the right shoulder and rights from the left turn lane.  Best to be alone  between packs, or at least at a different pace than them. They have mostly out of State license plates and  are looking for the two dollar breakfast and the five dollar early bird dinner. It would not occur to them to go  past their destination and make a U turn.

I feel much safer driving at a speed that everyone else is not also going. Do anything to avoid being bashed by a Cell phone text-er.

I always signal, and never cut anyone off. I yield to others. But mostly there is just no one beside me. They are in the mirror when I reach my own cap on speed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

48 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Seriously, it never happens. I do not deliberately speed, but I hit the on button on the floor and go to nine over speed limit and hold it there. Police here give nine over and take on ten over. And, I almost never go 17 over, for that gets into  aggressive being written on the ticket, an insurance no no!  Well unless I am on I-75 then it is all bets off. We all go 85 minimum. Go less than 85 n everyone will whip around and salute. 

I do not like having to be a in a pack around here, too many gray heads making lefts from the right shoulder and rights from the left turn lane.  Best to be alone  between packs, or at least at a different pace than them. They have mostly out of State license plates and  are looking for the two dollar breakfast and the five dollar early bird dinner. It would not occur to them to go  past their destination and make a U turn.

I feel much safer driving at a speed that everyone else is not also going. Do anything to avoid being bashed by a Cell phone text-er.

I always signal, and never cut anyone off. I yield to others. But mostly there is just no one beside me. They are in the mirror when I reach my own cap on speed.

Police will usually give a 5 miles over the speed limit leeway. I would not trust it over that. There are many on our roads who are using cell phones and texting. That is against the law where I live.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

I'm usually the first to pull away from the stop lights but if the other car ever does pull away first, doesn't matter to me. :) 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Once at traffic school I was told by the policeman teaching the class that theoretically you can be given a ticket for going the speed limit if it meant you were not moving with the flow of traffic. You would be creating an unsafe driving condition. 

So you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Nope, you can go to traffic court and get the fee of that ticket deleted. That is harassment. If a person is going under the speed limit they can get a ticket for unsafe driving and the possibility of causing an accident.

1 minute ago, TheAimes87 said:

I'm usually the first to pull away from the stop lights but if the other car ever does pull away first, doesn't matter to me. :) 

I am usually the first one to pull away from a traffic light as well. It is the ones who do not move who are texting that makes me angry.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I am usually the first one to pull away from a traffic light as well. It is the ones who do not move who are texting that makes me angry.

Yup, exactly. 

Angry? Really, lose your testimony over it? Nah, just pray for their safety and for others anywhere near them.

Well this has been a laugh anyway peeling on out from this thread.

• Thumbs Up 1

2283088_orig.jpg

But texting can kill.

6 hours ago, missmuffet said:

2283088_orig.jpg

But texting can kill.

Yes it sure can, and does often, too often.  It is a matter for sorrow and for much prayer is it not?

Decades ago I used to have to be called to go to a few of those terrible crash scenes, long before cell phones were even a possibility.  I have been fortunate though  in several accidents, one a single  occupied vehicle wreck being my own fault, to have all survive them to date. Hmm long ago back  phones were analog, had dials and went click click click as the number desired was turning on the dial, none were mobile units, yet we had crashes.

The crash that was my own fault came as I was responding quickly to go to a death scene on a Thanksgiving Day in the rain. Learned death can wait some.

I hit a parked commercial plumbers multi ton truck when my windshield fogged  up, and I became one with my steering wheel. The front end of my old Pontiac came to know the firewall too. Happened fast though had only gone but five houses down the road, just passed my young girl friend's house. ( She still married me.) 

People have been doing some pretty wild  and rather foolish things while behind the wheel of  vehicles for about as long as there have been roads and vehicles. Rather amazing we don't all die like bugs on a windshield. Hard to be angry - have to be sympathetic, and hopefully defensively smart as we pray one for another on the roads.

My new bride just automatically says aloud "somebody is having a bad day", when the emergency sirens start up, or the red lights begin to flash on an emergency vehicle or police car, and she prays prays for all concerned.

So anger? Perhaps best to get past anger and be in prayer, maybe skip anger altogether and go straight to prayer. Just a long thought on the subject. I understand anger, but find there are more productive things in my own life. So I try my best to  quickly overcome anger,  and work to avoid it  like a safe driver through life if possible.

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  7

15 hours ago, ayin jade said:

I dont have any issues with cars next to me going faster or slower. I go at the pace Im comfortable with. As long as I do not impede traffic or go at a rate of speed that is dangerous then its all good. 

I do have an issue with the person behind me who couldnt stand that it took me a second to take my foot off the brake and start moving when the light changed, so he honked at me. Man I was watching the light and immediately put my foot on the gas. I was not slow at all. But he got nasty and floored it around me, weaving in and out of traffic. So rude.

I agree Ayin, more times than not, I think people take their frustration out on others when it is not necessary to do so. 

The other day a lady was shouting at an elderly man reversing from a car park. He was taking longer than she thought he should. But both her and I both ended up getting out of our cars and going to the same shop. It was interesting to see this woman change her attitude when she was no longer in her car.