• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 11/3/2017 at 1:50 PM, Jude1:3 said:

It's sickening to think about what "Supposed" Christians have done to other Christians in history. I just think to my self, "Man, were any of these people even real Christians back in the day ? "

Very good point. In my opinion the answer is No they weren't. I often think how Jesus said the road to eternal life is straight and narrow, few find their way in.

At this point in my life my main concern is to find that road, I no longer care about anything else.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 11/3/2017 at 10:50 AM, Jude1:3 said:

I doubt very seriously that the "Authorities" that put him in jail were devout "Orthodox Christians". I have a hard time imagining some sweet old granny trying to get someone put into jail over passing out pamphlets about Jesus Christ.

It's sickening to think about what "Supposed" Christians have done to other Christians in history. I just think to my self, "Man, were any of these people even real Christians back in the day ? "

I love this explanation: 

“Unspeakable acts against infidels were condoned and encouraged by the Catholic Church. …It’s best to acknowledge the atrocities done in the name of Christ and then explain that the reason is simple, Satan hates the name of Christ and will do anything to discredit Christianity and the Bible. It’s like identity theft. If I steal your identity and run up a bunch of bills, you are not responsible for those bills. In the same way evil people hijack the name of Christ to give themselves legitimacy. Their actions are not Christian. That is why it is so important for Christians to read and study the Bible for themselves.”

-Ian Mann, 53

11 minutes ago, JTC said:

Very good point. In my opinion the answer is No they weren't. I often think how Jesus said the road to eternal life is straight and narrow, few find their way in.

At this point in my life my main concern is to find that road, I no longer care about anything else.

Here is great explanation:

Unspeakable acts against infidels were condoned and encouraged by the Catholic Church. …It’s best to acknowledge the atrocities done in the name of Christ and then explain that the reason is simple, Satan hates the name of Christ and will do anything to discredit Christianity and the Bible. It’s like identity theft. If I steal your identity and run up a bunch of bills, you are not responsible for those bills. In the same way evil people hijack the name of Christ to give themselves legitimacy. Their actions are not Christian. That is why it is so important for Christians to read and study the Bible for themselves.”

-Ian Mann, 53

Edited by Fidei Defensor

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

4 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

That is why it is so important for Christians to read and study the Bible for themselves.”

-Ian Mann, 53

Of course we must read the Bible otherwise we wouldn't know how to behave. But once we know we MUST do it.

• Loved it! 1

15 minutes ago, JTC said:

Of course we must read the Bible otherwise we wouldn't know how to behave. But once we know we MUST do it.

My chief point with that quote I shared with you is these supposed Christians who do horrible things in the Name of God are doing identity theft to God. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,228
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

`Back to the Wesleys, I was disappointed to learn that not all of Wesley's hymns were as inspiring as those I had learned in other hymnals.   A brief stint in the Free Methodist church revealed the bulk of them to be very dry and uninspiring, and not at all worshipful toward God.  They were all about people and doing good deeds, as I remember.  Perhaps those were the ones that this church chose for 26 weeks, but I was so hungry to sing praise to God.

Perhaps  only a dozen survived out of many hundreds written can be said of the other famous hymn writers like Fanny Crosby.

The Methodist church today bases doctrine on the Bible, on tradition, on experiences and on reason.  Sad.

As an aside, a good many of my ancestors sought refuge in the USA, at the time the British colonies, because they were seeking religious freedom from persecution of Anabaptists as well as Puritans.                                  

The destruction of Jerusalem  forced Jewish Christians to spread the faith as well.  If Paul had been received by the Jews he might have been tempted to stay there, but he was not trusted by the Jews.  So God's plan sent him out to the gentiles.  We serve an amazing God, Who sometimes forces us out of our comfort zones.

12 hours ago, Willa said:

`Back to the Wesleys, I was disappointed to learn that not all of Wesley's hymns were as inspiring as those I had learned in other hymnals.   A brief stint in the Free Methodist church revealed the bulk of them to be very dry and uninspiring, and not at all worshipful toward God.  They were all about people and doing good deeds, as I remember.  Perhaps those were the ones that this church chose for 26 weeks, but I was so hungry to sing praise to God.

Perhaps  only a dozen survived out of many hundreds written can be said of the other famous hymn writers like Fanny Crosby.

The Methodist church today bases doctrine on the Bible, on tradition, on experiences and on reason.  Sad.

As an aside, a good many of my ancestors sought refuge in the USA, at the time the British colonies, because they were seeking religious freedom from persecution of Anabaptists as well as Puritans.                                  

The destruction of Jerusalem  forced Jewish Christians to spread the faith as well.  If Paul had been received by the Jews he might have been tempted to stay there, but he was not trusted by the Jews.  So God's plan sent him out to the gentiles.  We serve an amazing God, Who sometimes forces us out of our comfort zones.

John Wesley was quite a interdenominational person. His mother raised him in what is called the Methodist method which he took to university and founded zealous club that kept hours of prayer and confession like monks and nuns, their peers called them Methodists. But then coming back from America he meets the Moravian Christians and seeing they are unafraid when their ship nearly capsizes in a storm, he spor Aches then asks what faith they have because he was terrified to die. Wesley then menotred undef The Moravians and hot born again and put aside works (Galatians 5:4) and was baptized in the Spirit. From there he joins a famous preacher and goes to the farmers and preaches in the field. Then near the end of his life he expressed his desire to reform the Anglican Church and that he still considered himself apart of the Episcopal Church. 

For this I like John, he took the best of each church he encountered and utilized it. :) 

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

J. Wessley lived till 1797. And his verry last extended letter was to encourage again and again Wilberforce. He (J.W) had spend much time to encourage this verry polical ANTI-Slave movment. And this much younger man was leading most of the campains of those days: to stop slavery.