• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am not sure if George can turn them off for some people and on for others.  It most likely is one or the other.

How about we all vote?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

13 hours ago, Couppy said:

How about we all vote?

You can vote if you like, but it is not s democracy!

Personally, I like seeing who voted for my posts, but I am not big on anyone else seeing who I vote for, not even the recipient. I prefer that people have the privacy as in a voting booth, can anonymously click the thing, and people, all people, the poster included, can see that someone like or agreed with what they posts, but only someone, not specifically who.

Personally also, I do not like that many choices, but I would like to see a little of what was in the mind the the 'voter', inluding perhaps more choices, but others might like different choices. I would like to see a well said, and a good point, and I agree. I want the good point and well said, so that I can vote positively, for people I disagree with. What I do not want to see, is any indication of "yeah, that is sciptural". I mean, if Jesus gets to vote, that would be great, but I do not trust the opinion of anyone else here on the forums on that point. Each man is wise in his own eyes.

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

12 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You can vote if you like, but it is not s democracy!

Personally, I like seeing who voted for my posts, but I am not big on anyone else seeing who I vote for, not even the recipient. I prefer that people have the privacy as in a voting booth, can anonymously click the thing, and people, all people, the poster included, can see that someone like or agreed with what they posts, but only someone, not specifically who.

I cannot see how this can work where we see who voted for our posts but no one sees who we voted for.  Maybe if there is a functionality for anonymous voting which we can switch on and off.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

37 minutes ago, Couppy said:

I cannot see how this can work where we see who voted for our posts but no one sees who we voted for.  Maybe if there is a functionality for anonymous voting which we can switch on and off.

Maybe there is a setting that lets people choose their reaction, and only the author of the post, and the person reacting to the post, can know who reacted. To everyone else, the reaction is noted, but not the identity of the person who reacted to the post.

Maybe there is a setting that lets people choose their reaction, and only the person reacting to the post, knows that they did, and to everyone else, only the reaction is noted, but not the identity of the person reacting.

I kind of like the idea, that people can express a reaction, but the cannot use it as a way personally win favor with the poster nor to identify with a certain group of people. If they want that yo be known, they can say so by posting a comment in the thread.

I like the idea that people can show support, that there is a system where good posts can be publically acknowledge as such by some of the readers. However, I think it is flawed in that there is not also a way to negatively effect that apparent reputation.

For example, let's look back at the last election cycle. Suppose someone posted a post, extolling all the good things Donald Trump had ever done. Listed his accomplishments, successful business deal, books he'd written, charitable giving, etc etc.

Now, think are there a lot of people on Worthy, who might have appreciated the quality of the post, and knowing the facts laid out in the content? Sure there are. From that, people would react, and if the only reaction offered to choose from were good ones, or maybe good and neutral, people might think that Worthyites really loved Trump, with few reservations. 

So suppose then that that post got liked by 20 people on one day. It might be the most liked post on Worthy that day.

Now, for an alternative scenario. What if there was also an offered reaction, where a person could choose to dislike the post. Suppose another 20 people chose that reaction. Those 20 reactions, would cancel or nullify or balance out the 20 who voted positively. 

We would still see that the post was read by a lot of people, and that it elicited lots of reactions, but it would then more accurately, record the trend of Worthy members, and would not get seen as the most popular post, because half of the reactions were negative.

I mentioned in chat last night, that maybe a system on a scale, is more realistic. Tongue in cheek I suggested, choose the number of stars you would rate the post, ten stars if you think the post was written by God Himself, 1 star if it was written by Satan. Hopefully all the voted would land between 2 and 9, and we could also get an average reaction score from that. We have a similar function on the thread, but not each post.

• Oy Vey! 2