peeday

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Does he handle our emotions- He gave them to us right? Our Anger, doubt, fear, questions, grief and even complains.?

Does he just let one go? 

You understand what I mean right? 

Job 7 vs 11 TEV
“I can't be quiet! I am angry and bitter. I have to speak.”

Previously, the answer to the problem of God feeling distant was to spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible. If you feel distant from God, the saying went, guess who moved? Well this time I get the feeling that God had done the moving.

Why does reading the Bible seem like it is harming my faith more than it was helping and even prayer is becoming more of a problem than a solution . 

Previously, spending more time in prayer made me feel closer, Now, however, I find myself shortening prayer sessions, lest I do more damage to my faith. The longer I am praying, the more I feel like I am talking to the ceiling or myself. 

Many a times, I am like, OK God, I have had enough, when are you going to stop pouring it on.!? If you can't take better care of us, why should we bother following you? I QUIT.
But then again, I am crying and begging him to not leave me, to help and then after like a mood swing I am like No he is not listening. We are afterall not equal in his sight, he is got preferences. 

Forgive me people, I know I am complaining too much, But this feeling. THIS FEELING. Wouldn't he just say something, just anything at all. He speaks right? I just need to feel him somehow, you know what I mean, don't you? 
You know how you feel when you talk to a friend about a thing and the relieve that follows? Then how much more a father but why wouldn't he just say something or do something. Just a conviction somehow. I wish you understand what I mean. You do right? 
You do understand what I mean somehow right? Yes you do. Then Why God wouldn't just budge you know. 
I am not sure what to say no more.

how do you pray?

Edited by peeday

Some people say that this is the wrong way to look at prayer, and it's like a *conversation.* But conversations require actual communication. Sitting around silently *feeling the presence* or someone or something isn't adequate communication really..  Even distant acquaintances do better. You understand right?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

23 hours ago, peeday said:

Does he handle our emotions- He gave them to us right? Our Anger, doubt, fear, questions, grief and even complains.?

Does he just let one go? 

Previously, the answer to the problem of God feeling distant was to spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible. If you feel distant from God, the saying went, guess who moved? Well this time I get the feeling that God had done the moving.

Why does reading the Bible seem like it is harming my faith more than it was helping and even prayer is becoming more of a problem than a solution . 
Previously, spending more time in prayer made me feel closer, Now, however, I find myself shortening prayer sessions, lest I do more damage to my faith. The longer I am praying, the more I feel like I am talking to the ceiling or myself. 

how do you pray?

The first question you should ask yourself is `how do we handle our children's emotions?'  Usually with understanding.  

I believe that the answer to the problem of God feeling distant is believing that God is present.  You can spend time in prayer and read the bible but still feel you are talking to a God who is million of miles away from you.  You need to believe that he is present with you, in you, and beside you.  Without faith you cannot please God.  Hebrews 11:6 nkjv.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

After you have sorted out your faith, then walk in it.

On 9/26/2017 at 12:07 AM, Abby-Joy said:

Hello, Pius ... when you give up? ... maybe that is what you need to do.  Let go.  Do you not know He is able to keep your foot from slipping?  You are still here for a reason.  Give up struggling .... the struggle to believe.  Just believe.  If you have to, tell Him... "Lord, I believe... please, help my unbelief." 

You must seek God's face, not His hand.  I am 45 yrs old and personally, I can tell you that my life has never been ideal.  I don't know one human being who has had a perfect life without any hardship, sadness, pain, or disappointment... from the very rich to the very poor.  I face daily struggles and challenges as well.  But I have tasted of God's goodness.  I can say that, not because I have had monetary blessings... because I have had money stolen, been in bankruptcy, faced abuse, violence, threats... I live in a rented older house that needs repairs, not much furniture ... but still, I can look to my Jesus and know He has never left me.  Pius... that is peace that passes understanding.  Seek HIM .... not what He can give you that is temporal .... but what is eternal.  TASTE and SEE ..... brother, GOD is GOOD .... He really is ... just taste and see.

Psalm_34.8-taste-and-see-GOD-is-GOOD-1.jpg

3 hours ago, Couppy said:

The first question you should ask yourself is `how do we handle our children's emotions?'  Usually with understanding.  

I believe that the answer to the problem of God feeling distant is believing that God is present.  You can spend time in prayer and read the bible but still feel you are talking to a God who is million of miles away from you.  You need to believe that he is present with you, in you, and beside you.  Without faith you cannot please God.  Hebrews 11:6 nkjv.

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."

After you have sorted out your faith, then walk in it.

We having to resort to the mysteries of faith and noting that God's ways are not our ways. Did we really have answers or just the faith that there are answers somewhere even if we cannot understand them or do not have access to them? 

i think when reason,logic and evidence are not working, we have to appeals to faith.

Heb 11:1; Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

This sounds profound but it is becoming groundless wish-fulfillment. As the saying goes, it is said that faith moves mountains but experience shows bulldozers are more effective.

Faith would come into play only after the knowledge of his existence and chatacter

For example, the simple act of sitting in a chair since we cannot know for sure that the chair will not break this time, is an act of faith, but that is an act of faith as going just a bit beyond the evidence taking the evidence a little bit further but in the same direction. The chair has always worked before, it feels structurally sound as I pull it from the table, its legs are all there and still attached and I see no evidence that it will no longer work as it has. So I conclude from the evidence that the chair will work. I have faith, a faith that takes the evidence a bit further in the direction it points.

Appealing to God is suppose to get around the problem because God is the ultimate "Why" behind everything. And even if it is a mystery to us, even if we do not understand the "Why" at least we have the "Why".

If God doesn't need a " why" behind him, then why would the physical universe need a "why" behind it?.

Christainity is supposed to be what provide this life with meaning, isn't it? But it feels like it can no longer account for, contain, embrace, my experiences and reality and life as I see it. 

With all my heart, I had felt Christianity was the only way to make sense of the world.

It does seem that this fantastically marvelous universe, different kind of animals, the different planets, all the atoms and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be stage so that God can watch humans struggle for good and evil. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 9/25/2017 at 1:41 PM, peeday said:

Does he just let one go? 

Job 7 vs 11 TEV

Many a times, I am like, OK God, I have had enough, when are you going to stop pouring it on.!? If you can't take better care of us, why should we bother following you? I QUIT.
But then again, I am crying and begging him to not leave me, to help and then after like a mood swing I am like No he is not listening. We are afterall not equal in his sight, he is got preferences. 

Forgive me people, I know I am complaining too much, But this feeling. THIS FEELING. Wouldn't he just say something, just anything at all. He speaks right? I just need to feel him somehow, you know what I mean, don't you? 
You know how you feel when you talk to a friend about a thing and the relieve that follows? Then how much more a father but why wouldn't he just say something or do something. Just a conviction somehow. I wish you understand what I mean. You do right? 
You do understand what I mean somehow right? Yes you do. Then Why God wouldn't just budge you know. 

how do you pray?

If your heart was sincere when you asked Jesus Christ into your life and then you walk away God will still always be with you. If anyone moves it is you. If you were not genuinely saved when you thought you asked Jesus Christ into your life He still loves you and wants you to come to Him and ask for salvation. Usually a genuinely born again Christian will not walk away.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 3:41 PM, peeday said:

Does he just let one go? 

Job 7 vs 11 TEV

how do you pray?

You have to go back to all of the promises of God. Reading the promises that God gives us will strengthen yith our faith. Just go to different books like Isaiah.  It's filled with promises like God says can a mother forget her child even if she does I will not forget you. Every book has promises that should give us hope in God. But even if God seems far away he never is. I have felt that at times. I think we also have to wait on God. If he does not answer then it's foolish to turn away. Better to wait and trust in him. I don't think he will ever forsake us. Satan will whisper in our ear where is God. But don't listen. He will flee if you resist his temptation. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

5 hours ago, peeday said:

We having to resort to the mysteries of faith and noting that God's ways are not our ways. Did we really have answers or just the faith that there are answers somewhere even if we cannot understand them or do not have access to them? 

i think when reason,logic and evidence are not working, we have to appeals to faith.

Heb 11:1; Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

This sounds profound but it is becoming groundless wish-fulfillment. As the saying goes, it is said that faith moves mountains but experience shows bulldozers are more effective.

Faith would come into play only after the knowledge of his existence and chatacter

For example, the simple act of sitting in a chair since we cannot know for sure that the chair will not break this time, is an act of faith, but that is an act of faith as going just a bit beyond the evidence taking the evidence a little bit further but in the same direction. The chair has always worked before, it feels structurally sound as I pull it from the table, its legs are all there and still attached and I see no evidence that it will no longer work as it has. So I conclude from the evidence that the chair will work. I have faith, a faith that takes the evidence a bit further in the direction it points.

Appealing to God is suppose to get around the problem because God is the ultimate "Why" behind everything. And even if it is a mystery to us, even if we do not understand the "Why" at least we have the "Why".

If God doesn't need a " why" behind him, then why would the physical universe need a "why" behind it?.

Christainity is supposed to be what provide this life with meaning, isn't it? But it feels like it can no longer account for, contain, embrace, my experiences and reality and life as I see it. 

With all my heart, I had felt Christianity was the only way to make sense of the world.

It does seem that this fantastically marvelous universe, different kind of animals, the different planets, all the atoms and so on, all this complicated thing can merely be stage so that God can watch humans struggle for good and evil. 

Christianity is really about building a relationship with God by reconciling with him through Jesus Christ.  It is more than a religion which tries to make sense of everything that happens in the world.  Disciples were called Christians in Acts 11:26 because of their obedience to Jesus's teaching not because they were trying to solve the problems of the world or offer an explanation for it.  

"And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch."

Having said the above, the bible gives an insight into why the world is what it is today.  There is no scripture that states the world would become a land of milk and honey or that our lives will be plain sailing.  Jesus said in John 16:33

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

It all comes down to your illustration of a chair.  Someone says sit on this chair it is solid.  You act in faith you sit on it.  Then you start building your faith in the chair, knowing that it is not going to let you down.  Your first experience of God will be your salvation.  It is an experience, then you can start building on your faith.