Lar

Unanswered prayers for decades?

Hello all,

I have known a Christian married woman for almost 30 years now, and all of that time (and more!) she has been praying for the salvation of her unsaved spouse. (He not only didn't believe in Jesus, but he actually became angry any time that Jesus [or Christianity] was mentioned in his house!)

This woman and her husband are getting older now, and he has been quite ill for some time now. But just recently, a pastor friend of this woman's came to their house and witnessed to the unbelieving husband. And God opened up a door!! The unbelieving husband said the sinner's prayer, and he accepted the Lord Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior! (I've been praying for his salvation too, and it seems like a miracle to me!)

Have you been praying for an unsaved spouse (or for another unsaved loved one) for many, many years now? Well, it's God's will that all men (and all women) would be saved! (Please see: 1 Timothy 2:3-4)

So, please don't give up on praying for the salvation of your loved ones! (And while you're at it, please remember to praise God [in advance] for their salvation!) This will take a lot of faith on your part, but I believe that your continued faith in God's promises (see above) pleases God.

And may God bless you - each and every day,

Lar

• Loved it! 2

Praise God!! He is ever Faithful and hears our prayers... He knows when the time is right to respond.

• Loved it! 2

1 hour ago, Lar said:

Hello all,

I have known a Christian married woman for almost 30 years now, and all of that time (and more!) she has been praying for the salvation of her unsaved spouse. (He not only didn't believe in Jesus, but he actually became angry any time that Jesus [or Christianity] was mentioned in his house!)

This woman and her husband are getting older now, and he has been quite ill for some time now. But just recently, a pastor friend of this woman's came to their house and witnessed to the unbelieving husband. And God opened up a door!! The unbelieving husband said the sinner's prayer, and he accepted the Lord Jesus as his personal Lord and Savior! (I've been praying for his salvation too, and it seems like a miracle to me!)

Have you been praying for an unsaved spouse (or for another unsaved loved one) for many, many years now? Well, it's God's will that all men (and all women) would be saved! (Please see: 1 Timothy 2:3-4)

So, please don't give up on praying for the salvation of your loved ones! (And while you're at it, please remember to praise God [in advance] for their salvation!) This will take a lot of faith on your part, but I believe that your continued faith in God's promises (see above) pleases God.

And may God bless you - each and every day,

Lar

Thank you for sharing this Lar, it is an encouragement and reminder to keep on praying for loved ones.  

When praying for loved ones, especially loved ones who are so outspoken about their feelings, I am reminded of Saul.  How how he was so open about his dislike for Christians and then himself met God and he went all out to tell others the Good News. 

Blessings :) 

1 hour ago, Teditis said:

Praise God!! He is ever Faithful and hears our prayers... He knows when the time is right to respond.

So true Ted. 

He Makes All Things Beautiful.jpg

What an awesome testimony and so encouraging to those of us who are believing for lost loved ones. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Annette said:

Thank you for sharing this Lar, it is an encouragement and reminder to keep on praying for loved ones.  

When praying for loved ones, especially loved ones who are so outspoken about their feelings, I am reminded of Saul.  How how he was so open about his dislike for Christians and then himself met God and he went all out to tell others the Good News. 

Hi Annette,

Thanks for sharing the example of Saul - who later became the Apostle Paul: who then went on to fervently preach the Gospel to the Gentiles!  Perhaps before Saul met the Lord Jesus, there was someone praying for Saul too...  (Perhaps the Lord Jesus Himself)  :)

Lar

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Lar said:

Hi Annette,

Thanks for sharing the example of Saul - who later became the Apostle Paul: who then went on to fervently preach the Gospel to the Gentiles!  Perhaps before Saul met the Lord Jesus, there was someone praying for Saul too...  (Perhaps the Lord Jesus Himself)  :)

Lar

You are welcome Lar,

We never know who is praying for us. I have always loved that about prayer, that we can pray for people near and far, with or without them knowing about it.

From my own personal experience, my mother prayed for her brother to come to know the Lord. She did not get to see the answer, but he did give his life to the Lord after my mom passed away. Another great reminder to keep praying even if we don't see the results ourselves.

Do Not Become Weary.jpg

5 hours ago, Annette said:

You are welcome Lar,

We never know who is praying for us. I have always loved that about prayer, that we can pray for people near and far, with or without them knowing about it.

From my own personal experience, my mother prayed for her brother to come to know the Lord. She did not get to see the answer, but he did give his life to the Lord after my mom passed away. Another great reminder to keep praying even if we don't see the results ourselves.

Do Not Become Weary.jpg

Yes Annette,

Thank for for sharing about your mother's prayers for her brother  -- he came to salvation even after she had passed away!  Annette, I hope that Christians who are weary and discouraged with years of seemingly unanswered prayer for the salvation of their unsaved loved ones will see these posts of ours, and will be encouraged to not lose heart in praying.

In my case, I think that it was my father's mother (my grandmother) that had prayed for the salvation of my twin sister and I.  Both my twin sister and I were not saved until we were over 40 years old, and I think that my grandmother had passed away well before that.  So, apparently her prayers were answered: even though she did not live to see the results.    As I've written in another post, I had been so skeptical of Christianity before I was saved, but I believe that God the Father finally drew me to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  (See: John 6:44)

Now, when I'm praying for someone's salvation, I very often ask the Lord Jesus to intercede with God the Father: to draw them to the Lord Jesus (with saving faith) for salvation - that is, after my having read John 6:44.

Lar

14 hours ago, Lar said:

Yes Annette,

Thank for for sharing about your mother's prayers for her brother  -- he came to salvation even after she had passed away!  Annette, I hope that Christians who are weary and discouraged with years of seemingly unanswered prayer for the salvation of their unsaved loved ones will see these posts of ours, and will be encouraged to not lose heart in praying.

In my case, I think that it was my father's mother (my grandmother) that had prayed for the salvation of my twin sister and I.  Both my twin sister and I were not saved until we were over 40 years old, and I think that my grandmother had passed away well before that.  So, apparently her prayers were answered: even though she did not live to see the results.    As I've written in another post, I had been so skeptical of Christianity before I was saved, but I believe that God the Father finally drew me to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation.  (See: John 6:44)

Now, when I'm praying for someone's salvation, I very often ask the Lord Jesus to intercede with God the Father: to draw them to the Lord Jesus (with saving faith) for salvation - that is, after my having read John 6:44.

Lar

So true Lar. We do need to continue to encourage one another. Blessings :)

Stir One Another Up.jpg