• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

16 hours ago, Reinitin said:

Non of mans system's can contain the knowledge of God.

Absolutely agree, but sadly, the pride of intellect demands that we try.  We often apply finite binary thinking to the infinite things that are too lofty for us to comprehend and in doing so we miss the infinite possibilities of real numbers between 0 and 1.  Black and white might be easier for us to grasp but gradients of color can't be expressed in shades of grey.

13 hours ago, Reinitin said:

It says it all so beautifuly. I often wonder why people tare it all into little parts like a tough steak. It is a pool of living water that refreshes our souls. We just rest in:) you know?

Amen!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Absolutely agree, but sadly, the pride of intellect demands that we try.  We often apply finite binary thinking to the infinite things that are too lofty for us to comprehend and in doing so we miss the infinite possibilities of real numbers between 0 and 1.  Black and white might be easier for us to grasp but gradients of color can't be expressed in shades of grey.

Amen!

I just don't understand how people can proclaim salvation comes from acknowledgment of 5 spiritual truths voted on by men who walked out of the meeting and beheaded a guy that was resisting them.

Paul said turn the man out and let satan destroy there flesh that their soul might be saved. To me It is just another worldly anti christ system distracting people from the kingdom of God and Christ. Beheading people is a biblical recorded activity of evil men. My opinion, is it just one of many anti christ moves of domination and control. I see that behavior no where in the Character of God nor Christ nor instruction for it in the word. beheading is done by godless men. 

Besides Jesus is Lord and the salvation of man. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Reinitin said:

I just don't understand how people can proclaim salvation comes from acknowledgment of 5 spiritual truths voted on by men who walked out of the meeting and beheaded a guy that was resisting them.

Paul said turn the man out and let satan destroy there flesh that their soul might be saved. To me It is just another worldly anti christ system distracting people from the kingdom of God and Christ. Beheading people is a biblical recorded activity of evil men. My opinion, is it just one of many anti christ moves of domination and control. I see that behavior no where in the Character of God nor Christ nor instruction for it in the word. beheading is done by godless men. 

Besides Jesus is Lord and the salvation of man. 

Generally speaking I'd agree.  There's the exception though of David when he fought Goliath. 

• Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.  1 Samuel 17:51

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

There's the exception though of David when he fought Goliath.

OK, but the context of that seems very, very different... And God said David could not build his temple because he was a man of war and have shed blood.

"But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’" - 1 Chronicles 28:3

Different times, different purposes, that is what it seems to me.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

5 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Generally speaking I'd agree.  There's the exception though of David when he fought Goliath. 

• Then David ran and stood over the Philistine and took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. When the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.  1 Samuel 17:51

oh yeah, forgot about that one:)

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

I have always considered myself a Calvanistic Armenian.  Both sides a generally correct in what they assert, but both sides are generally in error on what they deny.  And both sides take positions to the extreme, more than even their founders intended.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

On 9/28/2017 at 12:22 PM, Jude1:3 said:

Calvinism is Heretical Garbage but so is Arminianism.

I take it you never read. Calvin’s words but only what someone said he said?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 minutes ago, Littlelambseativy said:

I take it you never read. Calvin’s words but only what someone said he said?

John Calvin was a heretic and a horrible human being. 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

On 10/13/2017 at 12:03 PM, OldCoot said:

I have always considered myself a Calvanistic Armenian.  Both sides a generally correct in what they assert, but both sides are generally in error on what they deny.  And both sides take positions to the extreme, more than even their founders intended.

Never heard it described this way [like above] before but sounds good.   I once asked a pastor what he thought, as at one time i was determined to get the real answer and truths to settle my mind.  He put it to me very simply without going in into lengthy discussion as most pastors now i learned avoid the topic, as it usually ends up heated.  He said, they are like two trains travelling side by side heading in the same direction.   Got me thinking.

Edited by warrior12
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

On 9/28/2017 at 9:22 AM, Jude1:3 said:

Calvinism is Heretical Garbage but so is Arminianism.

You are a believer in Arminianism or Pelagianism but are just to ignorant to see it. :) 

Note from Omegaman 3.0: Calling a person ignorant, is uncalled for, and adding a smiley, does not account for that. As of 10/19/2017, you are banned from the topic. Keep this in mind for the future!