• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

I'm a smoker myself however I have been trying to cut down its costly and obviously not good for my health are there any other smokers here? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

39 minutes ago, Sinbad said:

I'm a smoker myself however I have been trying to cut down its costly and obviously not good for my health are there any other smokers here? 

I am a smoker. I have been smoking for many, many years. I know that you are going to get many replies of people who are going to point their finger at you and say.....naughty....naughty...but then they have to ask themselves if they drink alcohol or drink coffee which are all drugs. Also the Bible says gluttony is a sin. Have you ever eaten too much? Judging others is ok in the Bible unless you are judging hypocritically then it is not ok. Most people use alcohol, cigarettes and coffee because they are self medicating themselves. Most people use nicotine for the benefits of anxiety. It is always a good choice to stop using alcohol, nicotine or caffeine.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

Sis is sin, as missmuffet stated.  One sin is no better than another sin, and no worse, except for the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

all I have to say is that you stink...

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,092
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

me fireman with smoke 245.jpgI'm sorrybluffalo a oo me doc 245 small.jpg  but I am going to have to take that personally :foot-stomp: 

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

4 hours ago, Sinbad said:

I'm allergic to you then :DHonestly, I am dreadfully allergic to cigarette smoke.

Like some have said, sin is sin, I can't judge you for smoking when I require a half a pot of coffee to get out of bed every day. It is terrible for your health but so are many other things that we all struggle with daily. I do believe the Lord can make us free from all things that have a hold of us, including caffeine and cigarettes, and I am persuaded it's His will that we do walk in freedom from all of these addictions.

2 hours ago, other one said:

all I have to say is that you stink...

Coffee breath is bad as well :)

18 minutes ago, TheAimes87 said:

I'm allergic to you then :DHonestly, I am dreadfully allergic to cigarette smoke.

Like some have said, sin is sin, I can't judge you for smoking when I require a half a pot of coffee to get out of bed every day. It is terrible for your health but so are many other things that we all struggle with daily. I do believe the Lord can make us free from all things that have a hold of us, including caffeine and cigarettes, and I am persuaded it's His will that we do walk in freedom from all of these addictions.

I would like to be allergic to cigarette smoke. That would take care of it :) . Many of the GI doctors( stomach doctors) will tell their patients " NO MORE COFFEE" the acid is really bad for the stomach. Also caffeine can bring on heart arrythmias. If you were to visit a Cardiac unit at a hospital those patients can not have regular coffee. Possible a small amount of decaf. Maybe a cup a day.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I would like to be allergic to cigarette smoke. That would take care of it :) . Many of the GI doctors( stomach doctors) will tell their patients " NO MORE COFFEE" the acid is really bad for the stomach. Also caffeine can bring on heart arrythmias. If you were to visit a Cardiac unit at a hospital those patients can not have regular coffee. Possible a small amount of decaf. Maybe a cup a day.

Yup, like I said we all (if we're honest) have things we do that aren't the best for us. Mine just happens to be coffee lol

It isn't good that we allow anything to have control over us, but we also need to keep in mind that we have no place to judge another believer for something like smoking when we ourselves struggle with something as well. 

Just now, TheAimes87 said:

Yup, like I said we all (if we're honest) have things we do that aren't the best for us. Mine just happens to be coffee lol

It isn't good that we allow anything to have control over us, but we also need to keep in mind that we have no place to judge another believer for something like smoking when we ourselves struggle with something as well. 

Yep, you got it sis :)