• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

No, actually. Nothing from what you have posted says anything about when and what sort of judgment of another Christian is permissible. 

:huh:

Ok...bye :th_wave:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible does not say that we should not judge but not judge hypocritically. Such as a person pointing their finger at a person who takes a drink and then picks up a cup of coffee or a cigarette.

Can you find scripture for this?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Ok...bye :th_wave:

I see that you have no other defense for your stance on the issue. Sadly this is what happens when things get a little bit too real! 

:mellow:

I would sincerely urge you to deeply re-examine God's word on this issue and your own attitude towards judgment of others.

Edited by Justice_League

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 9/29/2017 at 10:38 AM, Sinbad said:

Thank you all for your kind words and support this is something I will need to give up I know it's mind over matter I'm so glad I came across this wonderful group I'm the prodigal son trying to find my way home ? 

Its not so much "mind over matter" but the power of the Lord over the flesh. :) As I've gotten closer to the Lord over the years, He's led me away from things like the drugs, booze, and smoking. The last one was the smoking and that was not an easy journey, but in time I was set free of that also. I didn't do it on my own though. I'd still be doing all that stuff if it were not for Christ.

• Thumbs Up 2

58 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

I see that you have no other defense for your stance on the issue. Sadly this is what happens when things get a little bit too real! 

:mellow:

I would sincerely urge you to deeply re-examine God's word on this issue and your own attitude towards judgment of others.

Apparently I see scripture on this issue differently than you do. Suit yourself.

39 minutes ago, walla299 said:

Its not so much "mind over matter" but the power of the Lord over the flesh. :) As I've gotten closer to the Lord over the years, He's led me away from things like the drugs, booze, and smoking. The last one was the smoking and that was not an easy journey, but in time I was set free of that also. I didn't do it on my own though. I'd still be doing all that stuff if it were not for Christ.

Statistics show that it is much easier for a man to quit smoking than a woman and they are not quite sure why.

1 hour ago, angels4u said:

Can you find scripture for this?

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Don't point a finger at another person when you are going to commit the same sin.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Apparently I see scripture on this issue differently than you do. Suit yourself.

The scripture is pretty clear to me.

Why would you want to hold on so tightly to the idea that you have a right to cast judgment upon others?  

You admitted yourself that you are a smoker. So by your logic, it is not permissible for you to cast judgment upon another smoker. However, it is permissible for you to cast judgment upon a glutton, a drinker of coffee or alcohol, or some other type of sinner?

If you truly accept the fact that you yourself are a sinner, then what right could you possibly feel in your heart to cast judgement upon others for any of their sins - regardless of the details of the particular sin?

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Hypocritical judgment is wrong. Jesus’ command not to judge others in Matthew 7:1 is preceded by comparisons to hypocrites (Matthew 6:2, 5, 16) and followed by a warning against hypocrisy (Matthew 7:3–5). When we point out the sin of others while we ourselves commit the same sin, we condemn ourselves (Romans 2:1).

Judging Others

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?     ( This means that we all sin and therefore we are not to judge,it does not mean that you can judge people with the sins you don't commit )5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matth.7

16 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Judging Others

7 “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?     ( This means that we all sin and therefore we are not to judge,it does not mean that you can judge people with the sins you don't commit )5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Matth.7

John 7:24

Galatians 6:1