What our your thoughts on smoking

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Well, I'm addicted to oxygen. Can't go more than a few minutes without breathing.
Can't go two hours with out a cup of tea or similar.
When I take those trans-Atlantic flights I get so twitchy, I have to move about in spite of seat-belt signs.
I am allergic to pig I believe, but love the smell of bacon frying.
Coffee has a wonderful aroma, with lots of sugar and cream it is heavenly.
And driving way too fast...Ahhh... the thrill!

Guess I must be still human...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  112
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I think that to try to compare smoking cigarettes to something such as drinking coffee is to use very flawed logic....

If your argument surrounding drinking coffee hinges on the fact that it contains caffeine, would you then equate drinking a cup or two of tea per day to smoking cigarettes as well? Not the same thing, at all, in my opinion. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/28/2017 at 4:37 PM, missmuffet said:

I am a smoker. I have been smoking for many, many years. I know that you are going to get many replies of people who are going to point their finger at you and say.....naughty....naughty...but then they have to ask themselves if they drink alcohol or drink coffee which are all drugs. Also the Bible says gluttony is a sin. Have you ever eaten too much? Judging others is ok in the Bible unless you are judging hypocritically then it is not ok. Most people use alcohol, cigarettes and coffee because they are self medicating themselves. Most people use nicotine for the benefits of anxiety. It is always a good choice to stop using alcohol, nicotine or caffeine.

"Judging others is ok in the Bible unless you are judging hypocritically then it is not ok."

Wait a minute here..... this statement makes no sense to me. Judging others is ok, as long as it's not hypocritical?

Unless you believe yourself to be free from sin, wouldn't it ALWAYS be hypocritical?

Am I missing something??

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, Justice_League said:

"Judging others is ok in the Bible unless you are judging hypocritically then it is not ok."

Wait a minute here..... this statement makes no sense to me. Judging others is ok, as long as it's not hypocritical?

Unless you believe yourself to be free from sin, wouldn't it ALWAYS be hypocritical?

Am I missing something??

As long as you are not pointing your finger at a person and judging them and then turn around and commit the same sin yourself.

Just now, missmuffet said:

As long as you are not pointing your finger at a person and judging them and then turn around and commit the same sin yourself.

I find this to be a frightening mindset for a Christian to have. We are all sinners. The type of sin does not matter. Any and all judgment of a sinner or their actions by another sinner is hypocritical. The One who is free from sin (our Lord) is the only One worthy to judge.

5 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

I find this to be a frightening mindset for a Christian to have. We are all sinners. The type of sin does not matter. Any and all judgment of a sinner or their actions by another sinner is hypocritical. The One who is free from sin (our Lord) is the only One worthy to judge.

The Bible does not say that we should not judge but not judge hypocritically. Such as a person pointing their finger at a person who takes a drink and then picks up a cup of coffee or a cigarette.

1 minute ago, missmuffet said:

The Bible does not say that we should not judge but not judge hypocritically. Such as a person pointing their finger at a person who takes a drink and then picks up a cup of coffee or a cigarette.

Do you believe that a sinner has the right to judge another person for their sin?

2 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

Do you believe that a sinner has the right to judge another person for their sin?

I go back to my previous post and what the Bible says.

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

I go back to my previous post and what the Bible says.

That was a nice way to dodge the question.

Do you have the scripture where it says explicitly that you have the right to judge other sinners, as long as you are not committing the exact same sin?

14 minutes ago, Justice_League said:

That was a nice way to dodge the question.

Do you have the scripture where it says explicitly that you have the right to judge other sinners, as long as you are not committing the exact same sin?

Matthew 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

btw: hello! I havent met you yet. Welcome to worthy :)

Edited by Guest