steve w

Am I bound for hell?

My name is Stephen and I am a recovering Catholic, but please call me Steve because I'm not into martyrdom.

Mark 16:16 tells me unbelievers will be condemned, while Revelation 21:8 tells me I'll burn in hell.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, ... will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death.”

How does this equate with Jesus's love?

On 10/1/2017 at 10:20 AM, steve w said:

My name is Stephen and I am a recovering Catholic, but please call me Steve because I'm not into martyrdom.

Mark 16:16 tells me unbelievers will be condemned, while Revelation 21:8 tells me I'll burn in hell.

But the cowardly, the unbelieving, ... will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulphur. This is the second death.”

Hi Steve. Unbelievers are already condemned, as was I and all without the shed blood of Jesus covering  our sins.
Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
To equate the "eternity in hell" to the love of Jesus, it was the creator, our creator, God,  who came down and became one of us, a man, and submitted Himself to the agony and crucifixion on the cross, to pay for your and my sins, and whosoever will, the choice for eternity in heaven with Jesus, our savior. If you fear the fires of hell, that's good. (It scared me) Take the next step, repent (change your thinking) and accept by faith what Jesus has done for you, believe it. Stuff in as much scripture as you can as fast as you can, and  your thinking will change, as God's truth will set you free. God is light and in Him is no darkness. Only truth. He created it. Not the RCC church.
PS I am also a recovering roman catholic.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Blessings Steve

Welcome to Worthy....you say you are a "recovering catholic",lol...I was born into a catholic family,went to catholic school and it took many years of "debriefing" to "recover" so I do understand what you are saying BUT I don't understand your question(s)     You title suggests that you believe you are destined for hell,why is that? Are you not a Believer?

In the  second question you a ask how a verse of Scripture equates Jesus Love,it doesn't...Jesus Himself Says that HE NEVER Knew  those that didn't want to Know Him in this life .....Jesus dies for the sinner,God so LOVED the world that He Gave His Only Begotten Son that no man should perish but have everlasting life.....Jesus is the WAy,the Truth & the Life,He is the ONLY WAY to Reconciliation with God the Father......The Grace of God is accessible to anyone who asks for this Amazing Gift at the foot of the cross.....Jesus Great Love & Forgiveness is available to anyone and everyone but He never forces Himself on anyone,we all have free will to accept His Love or reject Him    So,how about you? You decide for yourself,do you want love,forgiveness,a Relationship with God in Christ Jesus?If you answered yes then the verse of Scripture you posted does not apply to you                        With love-in Christ,Kwik                                             

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Hi Steve. Unbelievers are already condemned, as was I and all without the shed blood of Jesus covering  our sins.
Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
To equate the "eternity in hell" to the love of Jesus, it was the creator, our creator, God,  who came down and became one of us, a man, and submitted Himself to the agony and crucifixion on the cross, to pay for your and my sins, and whosoever will, the choice for eternity in heaven with Jesus, our savior. If you fear the fires of hell, that's good. (It scared me) Take the next step, repent (change your thinking) and accept by faith what Jesus has done for you, believe it. Stuff in as much scripture as you can as fast as you can, and  your thinking will change, as God's truth will set you free. God is light and in Him is no darkness. Only truth. He created it. Not the RCC church.
PS I am also a recovering roman catholic.   

Gary , I bet their are lots that by grace came out of the roman system.   I praise God for His mercy on us all.

I was never in it, but I was still a wicked thing for most my entire life.

God is so merciful to have pulled us out of darkness.   Maybe you should start a thread and call it Cathoholics non anonymous.    don't have to give twelve steps though.

be blessed.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:20 AM, steve w said:

I have heard many say " I am a recovering Catholic". Yes, all those who do not know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior will go to hell.

These replies have shocked me. Not only have I been told by a street preacher that I will go to hell, but an evangelical informed me that my late mother who never harmed a soul or said a bad word about anyone, had never read the Bible and knew next to nothing about Jesus, is now burning in hell.

This is precisely the reason why I have turned my back on Christianity, with its multitude of interpretations, and where each denomination threatens the rest with hellfire.

So what happened to all the people before Jesus? In an almost certainly interpolated reference, the Bible informs that Jesus descended into hell to rescue all those. Lucky them.

Please be real, stop your terror, and act with instinct, kindness and generosity which all humans can display without instruction from any religion.

1 hour ago, steve w said:

These replies have shocked me. Not only have I been told by a street preacher that I will go to hell, but an evangelical informed me that my late mother who never harmed a soul or said a bad word about anyone, had never read the Bible and knew next to nothing about Jesus, is now burning in hell.

This is precisely the reason why I have turned my back on Christianity, with its multitude of interpretations, and where each denomination threatens the rest with hellfire.

So what happened to all the people before Jesus? In an almost certainly interpolated reference, the Bible informs that Jesus descended into hell to rescue all those. Lucky them.

Please be real, stop your terror, and act with instinct, kindness and generosity which all humans can display without instruction from any religion.

It seem to me that you make your judgments on what people say and not from scripture itself.  Why is that?  Instead of attacking people who understand what scripture says, because you don't like what you hear, read scripture for yourself and see what it tells you.

Only those who refuse the truth see the truth as terror.  Do you believe that your way is better than Gods way?

1 hour ago, steve w said:

You asked a question and now you are angry because people were simply honest with you, but you didn't like the answer.  That is not the problem of the people who answered you.  You wanted to hear something else, but did not hear it.  Now you are angry.

If you are not feeling well, you go to the doctor and he discovers you have terminal cancer, do you want him to be honest or do you just want to hear him say you'll be just fine?  He can lie and tell you you will will be fine, but he's still lying and you are still going to die of cancer.

You have a cancer called sin.  There is only one cure:  Accepting Jesus as your Savior as a substitutionary sacrifice for your sins.  If you fail to do that than yes, you will go to Hell.  Only two choices here, not several and all paths do not lead to heaven.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

On 10/1/2017 at 11:20 AM, steve w said:

Everyone are born as sinners. That is the truth. I can give more Bible verses if you want.

Psalm 51:5 Surely I was sinful at birth,sinful from the time my mother conceived me.

Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

So everyone is heaven bound unless they come to Jesus with repentance. It is the "only" way to eternal life. Bible does not say a good orderly life is enough to get into heaven. We all have inherent sin and our good conduct will not take that sin away. Even people with best character would have hidden sins. If they evaluate their life against God's commands, they would certainly fall short of it. No one is sinless. I have given all Bible verses. What everyone is saying is not their own message. It is a message given by Lord through His word. It is up to you to take it or reject it.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12  Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

Romans 10:9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/1/2017 at 12:20 PM, steve w said:

Jesus doesnt put men in hell men put themselves there. 

Jesus doesnt want men in hell but loves all people and wants them to come to repentance and eternal life in Him. I havent read all posts here so I havent seen you give any more details about your leaving Catholicism. But if you have truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour (something which Catholicism doesnt know anything about), and are born again in the Spirit then you are saved.

Catholicism is not a true Christian church it is a pagan idolatrous entity with a thin peeling veneer of Christianity slapped on it. A good book to read (which I am sure you have heard of) is Alexander Hyslop's Two Babylons. As it came out in the 1850's naturally its out of date but none the less accurate.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71
  • Thumbs Up 1