Liberty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

So I've been watching some documentaries on TV about Syria and refugees fleeing their country by boat, travelling weeks to months by sea - crossing to Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Croatia, Estonia. Germany and even England.

Anywhere, just anywhere, they just want to get away from their devastated land -  Babies, toddlers, children, old people in tow.....   most do not wish to go back, Ever...   Some were beaten, tortured by corrupt authorities.

Just when they thought crossing the sea was the hardest part they had to overcome, they end up facing more serious challenges - place to stay with kids, getting legal residency, facing discrimination for being Syrians, not able to find any jobs, separated from family, etc...

My heart broke, I cried...  I told God I wish there was something I could do for them.  They just want to live normal, peaceful lives.  There are not terrorists and want nothing to do with terrorism nor radical Islam.

The documentary showed a British family opening their doors to one Syrian refugee, who later flew his wife and kids over.  He's probably one of the few fortunate ones. 

Should we as Christians open our doors to them ? 

Would you trust a Syrian enough to help them and shelter them ?

I live in a country where there NO refugees whatsoever, so I really do not know what I'll do if I met refugees like that.

1 minute ago, Liberty said:

So I've been watching some documentaries on TV about Syria and refugees fleeing their country by boat, travelling weeks to months by sea - crossing to Greece, Turkey, Hungary, Croatia, Estonia. Germany and even England.

Anywhere, just anywhere, they just want to get away from their devastated land -  Babies, toddlers, children, old people in tow.....   most do not wish to go back, Ever...   Some were beaten, tortured by corrupt authorities.

Just when they thought crossing the sea was the hardest part they had to overcome, they end up facing more serious challenges - place to stay with kids, getting legal residency, facing discrimination for being Syrians, not able to find any jobs, separated from family, etc...

My heart broke, I cried...  I told God I wish there was something I could do for them.  They just want to live normal, peaceful lives.  There are not terrorists and want nothing to do with terrorism nor radical Islam.

The documentary showed a British family opening their doors to one Syrian refugee, who later flew his wife and kids over.  He's probably one of the few fortunate ones. 

Should we as Christians open our doors to them ? 

Would you trust a Syrian enough to help them and shelter them ?

I live in a country where there NO refugees whatsoever, so I really do not know what I'll do if I met refugees like that.

It is heart breaking what is happening I agree. I dont know the answer. :(

What country do you live in? 

Guest Wanda01
26 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Each person needs to seek  God for wisdom on this and not feel guilty if they decide not to and not blow a trumpet if they decide to.

I agree with this.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The refugee crisis is very complex and complicated. There is a huge debate among the Christian community on how this crisis should be handled. There should be a very effective screening in keeping the bad guys out. We need to pray for them.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

It might be better to help them within their own lands rather than overwhelming a host country with them. One needs only to look at countries that have taken in large numbers of them to see how badly it is going.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.78
  • Days Won:  21

I agree with Jade and Sojo - we should help them but they shouldn't be moved to other countries. We can offer assistance there. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

49 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

It might be better to help them within their own lands rather than overwhelming a host country with them. One needs only to look at countries that have taken in large numbers of them to see how badly it is going.

That is a good suggestion. I think I saw a program once where they said that they would like to stay in their own country.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

About helping them in their own countries, Christian Aid Mission in Virginia, helps funnel funds to indigenous missionaries working among Muslims in various Muslims countries and also the refugee camps.  All the missionaries are thoroughly checked out, etc.

Refugees and other Muslims are opening their hearts to Christ as they experience these Christians helping them.

There is also a ministry helped by Christian Aid Mission which helps Muslim background believers escape the threat of being killed by their families or other Muslims.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My own attitude is changing as I read of the experience of at least one that has been on the board and has personal experience with the refugees.  They left the church he is part of because they didn't get enough freebies. They wanted more, demanded more from that church in addition to the host country's benefits and wanted cash to buy cigarettes and better free transportation  so they could go visit their relatives like they did in the "homeland". 

So at what cost is our generosity to be, and will it be appreciated, or will we just expand the perpetual welfare class that is already bankrupting the USA and killing desire to be productive  among hard workers?

My attitude is changing from one of great sympathy  and study of how to help locally to one of being very wary of these so called refugees. If they are refugees from a welfare system that they had enjoyed and they want to find a new place to be on welfare and not be enterprising then I find I have less desire to want to have to shoulder the burden of them. 

Hard decisions, but it does come down to it not everyone can be on the dole, no matter how generous a nation's people may be  they just can't do that.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Agenda upon agenda.   Velcome to za nue werld ordah.   where if they cant put enough fear in the people, they will glady run to the solution OFFERED for peace and safety.

I would have thought by now many would have figured out when big money elites are pushing this agenda.  Since when do men who love money REALLY love or care about

the poor or the safety of the people.   THEY DONT.  they push it because they DO have a sinister agenda, and divide and conquer really is the dark ones goal.

OUT of chaos COMETH ORDAH.    they KNOW what they doing . and the people just keep falling for it.