IGNORED

Is It True That God Will Stop Calling To You?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have heard of this and I think I have even seen it in some people I know on a personal level. But I still wonder about it. Is it true that if you feel the Holy Spirit urging you that you need to get Saved, and you ignore that urge over and over again. That God will no longer call on you? That you can sit through church service after church service and while others hear the call, obey the call and get Saved. That because you have ignored the calling so many times that you simply just won't hear it any longer? That your sins are not shown to you anymore and therefore you feel no need to repent of them? Is this all true? 

Whether the answer is yes or no, I think the most important issue is how we think of particular individuals.

Is there a sinner so hard hearted and stubborn that God Himself gives up on them in the middle of their life?  I'd be hesitant to say that about any particular person no matter how they act.  I don't think we as Christians should ever spiritually give up on a person no matter how hard or stubborn they seem to us.  I've heard many testimonies from people that described themselves as very hard-hearted and completely ignoring and disbelieving God, but at some point He broke through to them.

Now, I'm not saying that there aren't some people we personally need to stay away from and have no dealings with for our own safety and well-being.  There are some people we individually may need to stay away from.  But that's different than giving up on them spiritually.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

This is a good video that is on Worthy but is rather old on this subject.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Do Not Harden Your Hearts
7Therefore, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today if you hear His voice, 8do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion, in the time of testing in the wilderness, 9where your fathers tried Me by testing Me, and for forty years saw My works.…

Hebrew 3:8

Belief and Unbelief
…39For this reason they were unable to believe. For again, Isaiah says: 40“He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,so that they cannot see with their eyes, andunderstand with their hearts, and turn, and I would heal them.” 41Isaiah said these things because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about Him.…John 12:40

But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart and he would not listen to Moses and Aaron, just as the LORD had said to Moses.Exuodus 9:12

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

Just now, Yowm said:

I believe so, besides the passages that Angels4u gave there is also this one...

Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years."
(Gen 6:3)

...and then of course when the unbeliever's days come to an end, God stops calling to that person.

May I add that even at the last minute if the unbelievers day here on earth it is still not too late to call on the Lord,the only question is will we get a chance to repent in those last minutes,we could die from a heart attack or accident and there might be no more time left...that is why the Bible says "Now is the day of Salvation"

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

13 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I have always believed this is what the bible is saying when talking about being turned over to a reprobate mind. Loving sin so much you reject God's call for repentance over and over until God stops calling you to repentance and leaves you to your sin. I could be wrong but this is what I always thought it was talking about.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Then there is the difficulty of this verse...

If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask, and God will give him life—to those who commit sins that do not lead to death. There is sin that leads to death; I do not say that one should pray for that.
(1Jn 5:16)

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Angels4u said: This can happen if we are constantly sinning as believers without repenting  and we are  there fore a bad testimony to the unbelievers? I don,t remember  the Bible mentioned a name as to who this had happened and the reason..

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

1Jn 5:16 It could be argued that it happened to King Saul.

King Saul wasn't, 

a Christian and this verse is meant for believers...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,015
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Rightly dividing the Word 'IS' necessary for truth to be formed within us.... essence has only two avenues 1. to be of God 2. to be of satan. The Word of God says we are vessels and the Word of God says we are to be filled with God. It is individual in performance with God to do so. Collectively it will remain in unity to God's purpose called the Church, Bride, Family etc... Prayed... love, Steven

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/4/2017 at 8:42 AM, LadyKay said:

Mat 13:13  Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mat 13:14  And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
Mat 13:15  For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

• Thumbs Up 2