• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

Hi obviously I have 1. Or. 2 tattoos not a lot I can do about it and just being new to the group and changing my life style it doesn't bother me today tattoos seem to be more popular and covering more skin just wanted to know your views if you're wife husband or children asked to have a tattoo or body peircein 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

I am not an advocate for tattoos. It is very common now to see men and women with a whole sleeve of tattoos. I think it looks horrible but that is my personal opinion. We need to look at 1 Peter 3:3-4 and 1 Corinthians 10:31. Our external appearance should not be a focus of attention as a Christian. The NT does not command against tattoos but it doesn't condone it either. We do not look at what the OT says or we will be legalistic.  The secular would can do anything they want. Satan already has them and they do not care what is pleasing to God. But a Christian should get a tattoo that is appropriate for their Christian belief. They would not get a skull and cross bones or a dark or satanic tattoo.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Hi obviously I have 1. Or. 2 tattoos not a lot I can do about it and just being new to the group and changing my life style it doesn't bother me today tattoos seem to be more popular and covering more skin just wanted to know your views if you're wife husband or children asked to have a tattoo or body peircein 

G-Day SinBad.

What one did before changing ones lifestyle and coming to God and repented of makes no difference to God now. Just for your information the Old Testament does forbid cutting ones flesh and marking ones skin. Cutting ones flesh would include body piercing I assume. God loves us, and even when we make mistakes in poor judgment, He doesn’t condemn us, but rather tries to help overcome the consequences of those mistakes. Having a tattoo will not keep anyone from serving the Lord. There are many godly people in the world who have tattoos and are serving the Lord and their tattoos do not interfere with what God is doing through them.

Leviticus 19:28,  Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

7 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Tattoo or tattoos what's your thoughts

I believe they are unnecessary, having one would add nothing positive to your life.

Then what is the reason for having one? Boast!? Attention?!

You certainly could use the money you would spend in a tattoo for something much more significant.

"But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord." - Jeremiah 9:24

Do you have an excuse for "promoting" the Lord by your tattoos?

I believe you would achieve that by walking in the Spirit, loving those who hate you, forgiving your neighbor, exercise kindness, love, patience, and joy.

In other words: Be worried with what is in you. If the Lord is in you, people will notice it as His light will shine.

But if you have tattoos "praising the Lord" and you deny Him by your works... Then how will other people see it (especially unbelievers)?

Glory to God! Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

I believe they are unnecessary, having one would add nothing positive to your life.

Then what is the reason for having one? Boast!? Attention?!

You certainly could use the money you would spend in a tattoo for something much more significant.

"But let him who glories glory in this,
That he understands and knows Me,
That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth.
For in these I delight,” says the Lord." - Jeremiah 9:24

Do you have an excuse for "promoting" the Lord by your tattoos?

I believe you would achieve that by walking in the Spirit, loving those who hate you, forgiving your neighbor, exercise kindness, love, patience, and joy.

In other words: Be worried with what is in you. If the Lord is in you, people will notice it as His light will shine.

But if you have tattoos "praising the Lord" and you deny Him by your works... Then how will other people see it (especially unbelievers)?

Glory to God! Amen.

Good question. What is the reason for having one?

Guest Butero
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, Sinbad said:

I would be opposed to it, because I believe it is a sin.  I don't think that someone who gets a tattoo is doomed.  It is not an unpardonable sin, but it is a transgression of God's law. 

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:  I am the LORD."  Leviticus 19:28

A tattoo is printing marks upon you.  It is my belief that Satan is behind the tattoo craze.  He hates our image because man was created in the image and likeness of God, so he has led people to change that image into something ugly.  I know that some consider it a form of "body art," but to me, it is more like putting graffiti on the temple of the Holy Ghost. 

Again, if someone already has tattoos, like you said, not much you can do about it.  They can be removed, but it is expensive and not easy.  Still, knowing what the Bible says, I always advise against getting tattoos when they ask. 

1 hour ago, Butero said:

I would be opposed to it, because I believe it is a sin.  I don't think that someone who gets a tattoo is doomed.  It is not an unpardonable sin, but it is a transgression of God's law. 

"You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you:  I am the LORD."  Leviticus 19:28

A tattoo is printing marks upon you.  It is my belief that Satan is behind the tattoo craze.  He hates our image because man was created in the image and likeness of God, so he has led people to change that image into something ugly.  I know that some consider it a form of "body art," but to me, it is more like putting graffiti on the temple of the Holy Ghost. 

Again, if someone already has tattoos, like you said, not much you can do about it.  They can be removed, but it is expensive and not easy.  Still, knowing what the Bible says, I always advise against getting tattoos when they ask. 

All that matters for us is the NT not the OT.

Guest Butero
5 hours ago, missmuffet said:

All that matters for us is the NT not the OT.

I completely disagree with you.  I don't know where people get the idea that God's standards in the Old Testament don't matter today.  If that were the case, it would be acceptable for a brother to marry his sister or a guy to marry his Mother if she was a widow because the laws prohibiting that are in the Old Testament.  It would also be ok to have a séance to try to communicate with the dead.  Laws dealing with God's standards of morality still apply today.  The laws that don't effect us are those dealing with the office of the Levitical Priesthood, because they ended at the cross and the laws that were given to show Israel to be a separate people from the gentiles.  To suggest that the laws dealing with God's standard of holiness were done away with unless repeated in the New Testament is completely false, and would mean that God changes, but scripture says he is the same yesterday, today and forever.   

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  1

Christians are not under law - so the decision is between God and the individual's conscience (assuming the subject of the desired tattoo is Christian appropriate).

I appreciate the artwork involved in tattoos, but I personally prefer skin undecorated (i.e. the way God designed it).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,060
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Sinbad said:

Growing in sanctification with God resulting in the joy of imitating His Pleasure within Scripture by obedience :) 
https://www.gotquestions.org/tattoos-sin.html 

Where ever we begin in God let us seek His pleasure through His Word in the day~ for there can be no greater pursuit than to love Him with our all :thumbsup: