• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

On 10/4/2017 at 6:46 PM, HAZARD said:

not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead

why does everyone ALWAYS leave off the last three words in this verse;;; so they can change the meaning of the verse.

when using the last three words there is one specific reason to not cut or mark skin (memory of the dead ) any other reason to mark or cut does not fall under this verse

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3

9 minutes ago, Davida said:

So do you think that last part is the only operative phrase? that if people make cuttings of the skin in memory of the "trees" or "mother" or "butterflies" or "hearts" or "crosses" it would be OK?

Got a tat or two? :)

I do have a couple tats they can not be seen even in a t shirt. I have not had any in the last 25 years. i don't plan on any more. To me this verse says a specific reason not to do it. If it meant do do for any reason then the "memory of the dead " would not have been inserted into the verse. Am I wrong, why.

8 minutes ago, Davida said:

I think that at THAT time , that was the reason people were doing it , and that is why the Bible explained it that way. I think it doesn't matter to what the Tat is in memory of it is not a Godly thing to do. If we nitpick all the scriptures using that reasoning you gave we would toss out a lot of them as not having any current meaning or application to us in present day. I think that would be throwing away what the Bible attempts to be teaching us.

And at THAT time it was not written to the gentiles later in Act 15 the gentiles were given a way to God and also given rules that did not speak of tats or cuttings of skin weren't they?

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

I have said the Biblical truth that I know, I'm not going to argue with anyone who doesn't want to receive it. Go ahead and justify the use of Tattoos to yourself Coheir if you chose, but I think it is Biblically wrong and I hope the Holy Spirit will inform you of the truth. Realize also that as Christians we are held responsible for those we influence either correctly or wrongly and that should give us pause.

I will tell you if you think I was always against it and that I am just close-minded about it.   At one time I considered getting some tattoo of a spiritual symbol or word--but I meditated upon it and got reproved in my spirit Not to do it. It was many years later that I grew in Biblical understanding & spiritual discernment and realized that the devil takes great pleasure in leading humans to mark up with inky human graffiti all over the temple of the Holy Spirit.  

So according to 1 peter 3-5  do you teach women should wear no gold or silver that the public can see. right

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

31 minutes ago, Davida said:

It was many years later that I grew in Biblical understanding & spiritual discernment and realized that the devil takes great pleasure in leading humans to mark up with inky human graffiti

Yes,  All the world runs after the devil,  and few will turn to Yahweh,  even though Jesus may call them ! 

Yes,  it is so devastating and embarrassing and such a shame,  if one happens to be the temple of the HOLY SPIRIT OF YAHWEH,  and defiles the temple (with ink or booze or drugs or immorality, anything defiling).... woe to those who lead others to defile the temple !  It is no small sin, and comes after sin in the heart, and before greater sin if there is no repentance.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Davida said:

It is the guilt in your spirit - being convicted that is making you try to justify it now so vehemently-otherwise you would not care.

I said my piece to you,  you are free to ignore what the Bible says and do your own thing, self-justify- that is up to you. I'm done with our conversation.

so I can see you teach no tats but it ok to not follow 1 peter on jewelry. gotcha

3 hours ago, Davida said:

My spiritual discernment tells me the same. Satan is trying to mark up what God has blessed us with and made beautifully & magnificently -our remarkable living skin.

I agree with one notable important change.

Note how many are already defiled with ink.

Satan won the battle.

(vs 'trying' to)  He did not just try,  he succeeded, as people admit and either repent,  or don't repent....

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are wrong with your summation with that "gotcha" and that attitude. I stopped there because I know where this will lead. It is going to be a long drawn out argument where you bring in ALL SORTS of scripture that has nothing to do with this, which you will be prepared to do violence to in a desperate effort to justify your two tattoos and your own dearly held carnal opinion. You want to feel you won so you can feel justified in that. I do not relent in what I said. I advise you to take it up with the Holy Spirit that is quietly speaking to you.

Have a nice day.

..... < a smile >  .....  'a nice day' ?  Yes, we pray not just nice,  but CLEANSING FROM SIN, repentant, HOLY as JESUS SAYS.

Then they can have a CLEAR CONSCIENCE in the PRESENCE (today) of the FATHER IN HEAVEN, and their prayer can be heard.....

12 minutes ago, Davida said:

You are wrong with your summation with that "gotcha" and that attitude. I stopped there because I know where this will lead. It is going to be a long drawn out argument where you bring in ALL SORTS of scripture that has nothing to do with this, which you will be prepared to do violence to in a desperate effort to justify your two tattoos and your own dearly held carnal opinion. You want to feel you won so you can feel justified in that. I do not relent in what I said. I advise you to take it up with the Holy Spirit that is quietly speaking to you.

Have a nice day.

all I done was say I disagree with your opinion that the verse about tats. and found another verse most dont follow and ask your opinion on it and you got upset and wont answer if it is ok to wear jewelry ,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, coheir said:

why does everyone ALWAYS leave off the last three words in this verse;;; so they can change the meaning of the verse.

when using the last three words there is one specific reason to not cut or mark skin (memory of the dead ) any other reason to mark or cut does not fall under this verse

Changes nothing. Don't cut your flesh and don't print any marks upon you. Would you call printing marks upon a person tattooing? I would.

Lev. 19:28, Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1