• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, coheir said:

all I done was say I disagree with your opinion that the verse about tats. and found another verse most dont follow and ask your opinion on it and you got upset and wont answer if it is ok to wear jewelry ,

1 Tim. 2:9-10, In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

V. 10, But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Paul here expresses general guidelines for female dress, and instructs that the wrong kind of ostentation is to be avoided by Christian women. He is not prohibiting expensive clothing or beautiful arrangement of the hair in principle, but excessive concern about appearance at the expense of more important things, such as godliness and good works.

Similar counsel is given by the apostle Peter in 1 Peter 3:3-4: “Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel—rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

40 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

1 Tim. 2:9-10, In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

V. 10, But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

Paul here expresses general guidelines for female dress, and instructs that the wrong kind of ostentation is to be avoided by Christian women. He is not prohibiting expensive clothing or beautiful arrangement of the hair in principle, but excessive concern about appearance at the expense of more important things, such as godliness and good works.

Similar counsel is given by the apostle Peter in 1 Peter 3:3-4: “Do not let your adornment be merely outward—arranging the hair, wearing gold, or putting on fine apparel—rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.”

Thanks hazard for the verses and your view. I will need to adjust my thinking and on this subject looks like

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, coheir said:

So according to 1 peter 3-5  do you teach women should wear no gold or silver that the public can see. right

You are bringing up an entirely different issue.  It has nothing to do with tattoos.  My position on anything is if the Bible says something is wrong, don't do it, so if it says women should not wear gold or silver, of course they shouldn't do it.  The passage in 1 Peter is giving examples of how to dress the inner man.  It is not actually forbidding women from wearing gold or silver.  Still, it has nothing to do with tattoos.  It needs to be discussed by itself. 

It is not worth arguing with you or anyone else as to whether or not tattoos are wrong.  A question was asked, and we have a diversity of opinions.  I have given mine, and nothing will change it.  I stand by what I said.  You have given your opinion.  As such, rather than argue with you, anyone that wants to can read my initial response to the question and know that it is what it is.  It won't change. 

11 hours ago, coheir said:

why does everyone ALWAYS leave off the last three words in this verse;;; so they can change the meaning of the verse.

when using the last three words there is one specific reason to not cut or mark skin (memory of the dead ) any other reason to mark or cut does not fall under this verse

OK Coheir.  The last part of that verse is saying in addition to.  Nobody is ignoring it.  By the way, I know of someone that actually has tattoos of their dead child's name on their arm.  We are not to print marks on our body or have cuttings for the dead.  I didn't see this question or I would have answered it earlier. 

10 hours ago, Davida said:

You are wrong with your summation with that "gotcha" and that attitude. I stopped there because I know where this will lead. It is going to be a long drawn out argument where you bring in ALL SORTS of scripture that has nothing to do with this, which you will be prepared to do violence to in a desperate effort to justify your two tattoos and your own dearly held carnal opinion. You want to feel you won so you can feel justified in that. I do not relent in what I said. I advise you to take it up with the Holy Spirit that is quietly speaking to you.

Have a nice day.

ok I was not using gotcha as in got you or caught you or tripped you up. i apoligize if it came off that way. i was using gotcha in that I understand you answered one but not the other question. sorry I came off that way to you.

57 minutes ago, Davida said:

I'm not teaching. I'm giving my opinion as a Bible believing , Christian.

I used the wrong word, I apologize again I should have used your opinion.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

If we do not think carnally, what make people to desire a tattoo on their bodies are themselves. And if we think more, tattoos are very popular and desired among those who are in the world, nowadays it is like a mark of the world; and lead many to think:

"He has a tattoo, he's probably of the world"

As the same way as Christians are recognized by their fruits, and lead people to think:

"He bears many good fruits with himself, he probably has the Spirit of Christ indwelling in him."

In the same way as the presence of the Holy Spirit is a mark of every believer, tattoos and bad fruits are strongly connected to the mark of people of the darkness.

And after all this, we can reach to a simple conclusion.

"Abstain from every form of evil." - 1 Thessalonians 5:22

And if you decide to insist in promoting things you know you should not, do it at your own risk.

"Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!" - Matthew 18:7

And it is not to me that you will have to give account, but to the Lord Jesus Christ.

"For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." - 1 Corinthians 6:20

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

As one who made a mistake in the Army and got a small one in 1972...

You can hardly turn on a TV program or go anywhere anymore and not see many people with numerous tattoo's and piercings. I suggest since this is so desirable and culturally acceptable these days, the coming Mark of the Beast will be much more palatable by the masses. 

My youngest daughter has been getting some tattoo's and it's driving me crazy! She wanted pierced ears when she was an early teen and I forbid it. Her mother overrode my proclamation and had it done behind my back. She wanted a tattoo when she was sixteen and I threatened to kick her and her mother out of the house if she got one. When my daughter grew up and left the nest she got her 'first' tattoo. I'm still stuck with the mother :rolleyes:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think they are ugly--even the pretty ones are not as beautiful as the person was without the tattoo.  Well, you asked.  I don't think they are sinful, but I have told my grandkids I don't like them.  In spite of that at least two have them.  One has a Bible verse tattooed on her arm.  I would like to see what it will look like when her skin wrinkles and sags.  

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

A white supremacist, largely covered in Nazi tattoos, has been convicted of brutally killing his three best friends and shooting a fourth in the face in Woodland, Washington.

I agree, some are way off the planet in their thinking.

A white supremacist, largely covered in Nazi tattoos, has been convicted of brutally killing his three best friends and shooting a fourth in the face in Woodland, Washington.

https://www.rt.com/usa/410316-supremacist-nazi-murdering-friends/

Z 89..jpg

there is a big difference between a person with a couple tatoo's and a white supremacist imo