creativemechanic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

To whom it may concern. It took me a while to understand the "know so salvation" comment, and I started to post to clarify (what I understood). But as a late comer, I watched the discussion unfold. It really is sad to see what is posted here by some, not all, claiming to be bought with a price, cleansed by the blood (shed by our savior) a savior who left His majesty in heaven to bear the cruel cross,  and who see's this bickering and auguring of his children. Is this really a God like witness? To all those lurkers out there watching? Looking for answers. Hoping to find that something missing in their lives. Going to a Christian forum. Wonder what they think?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

A few pointers. 

First off, since you say you are a long-time preacher, your message should be tailored in a way that anyone can easily understand it.  This is the basic Modus Operandi for any Pastor.  So if you have a few people telling you that your point is not clear, the problem is not them, the problem is with your delivery of the message.  That demands a re-structuring of the message on your part, in the hopes of making it more understandable.  If there are people who cannot understand the message, then the message is useless.

Using poor grammar and poor punctuation severely degrades the message.  No, nothing here demands that you use good grammar or good punctuation, or capitalization when constructing a post, but once again, it's all about the delivery.  Poor grammar, lack of proper punctuation, and lack of capitalization shows either laziness or lack of education.  It damages the message itself.  Illiterate people cannot read the post at all, and literate people look at the message and the first thing they think is:  "Does this guy not know about capitalization?  His grammar does not make sense."  They mostly disregard everything after that.  And if they ask for clarification, you insult them and act like they are the problem.

Rudeness is not going to get anyone to listen to you.  Rudeness virtually guarantees that your message, whatever it is will be automatically dismissed out of hand, no matter how good you think it is.

I understand completely what that particular phrase means, having heard it many times in an AoG church.  But perhaps others on this board, made up of fellow Christians from other denominations, or no denominations are not going to understand that statement.  That means, for those who are not familiar with that statement, and since you assume the role of a teacher, you have to be not only able, but willing to explain the concept to them if they do not understand it and ask for clarification.

are you a preacher  ? are you the Holy Spirit  ?    let me say this i explained several times what a know so salvation was.  one said it made no sense  1 said my grammar was no good.  you said i was rude      { First off, since you say you are a long-time preacher, your message should be tailored in a way that anyone can easily understand it.  This is the basic Modus Operandi for any Pastor. }   have you ever heard me preach ?   NO    i find your post how can i say it with out being rude..  i find your remarks  in your last post  INSULTING  --just who are  YOU to Judge  me?   i really dont acre what flavor you are. i have many good friends  who are AOG   2 which are pastors  . so i might just well say it..if you dont mind thank you.   if you want to start a fresh  i am game  water under the Bridge  . if not then lets agree not to comment on each others post   .have a good day 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

16 hours ago, the watchman said:

are you a preacher  ? are you the Holy Spirit  ?    let me say this i explained several times what a know so salvation was.  one said it made no sense  1 said my grammar was no good.  you said i was rude      { First off, since you say you are a long-time preacher, your message should be tailored in a way that anyone can easily understand it.  This is the basic Modus Operandi for any Pastor. }   have you ever heard me preach ?   NO    i find your post how can i say it with out being rude..  i find your remarks  in your last post  INSULTING  --just who are  YOU to Judge  me?   i really dont acre what flavor you are. i have many good friends  who are AOG   2 which are pastors  . so i might just well say it..if you dont mind thank you.   if you want to start a fresh  i am game  water under the Bridge  . if not then lets agree not to comment on each others post   .have a good day 

Just chill and let it go ok? Any pastor really needs to rethink his approach if they are coming across as illegible. If people are telling you so then swallow your pride, take their advice and move on ok? You are treating this like its a huge deal when it isnt. 

14 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Yes, I am a preacher. 

When your first response to a post asking for clarification to something you posted is "I am a Pastor," I know that such a statement is meant to illicit a response of "Gee, this guy is a preacher, so he is smarter than me."  There is no other reason for responding to a post asking for clarification of your position than that reply unless you think you are smarter than the people you are replying to, just because you are a Pastor.  Ego talking, not The Spirit.

This is the Internet.  Anyone can stick the label "Pastor" in front of a post and hope that it gives them instant superiority.  I was the Associate Pastor of Elwood Assembly of God from 2007 until 2011.  Does that give me some kind of special status?  Should what I say be considered more relevant simply because I helped pastor a church?   In case you are having difficulty answering that question, the correct answer would be "No."  I could come on here saying that Charlie the Unicorn is who we need to worship and everyone should listen to me because I am  "pastor," but would that rational be relevant?  Again, in case  you are finding it difficult to find an answer, the answer would be "No."

You have 2 friends who are also Pastors.  Great.  How, exactly is that supposed to help any of us here, or explain exactly what it is you are trying to convey, since you continually refuse to explain it?

Grammar, still bad.

Punctuation, still lacking.

Capitalization, non-existent.

I am failing to see why I am supposed to heavily weigh what you are saying to me when the delivery is both insulting, nigh-on unintelligible,  and not well thought out.

so your a preacher   ? hmm is this a calling or a vocation      so how did all this start   ? from   6 words i posted   from there YOU yes YOU  and others literally  went ballistic    . about as bad as president trump and his tweets....  the  words i posted was as follow    .....   I     HAVE A KNOW SO SALVATION .  THENNNNNNNNN LATER ON I GAVE SCRIPTURE   REFERENCE.. then gave more explanation  . from there it escalated  and you at this very moment are Chiding  me..      {  

Grammar, still bad.

Punctuation, still lacking.

Capitalization, non-existent.}   LET  ME TRY TO EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU   .  i  dont do writing very good   my English skills are not that great. i was a rebel in school knew more than my teacher. did what it took to get through school.   when i hit H..S  i still did what it took to get buy..  i am a h.s graduate...   i do not write my message out or type them out..  please understand BRO PREACHER    i dont owe you a explanation of any thing..  i know men of GOD  who has a 6th grade education  that knows very little grammar    so in a nut shell  you are acting  like a pharisee  ....   since  your scolding me about all my faults   .... have you considered  what Christ  taught   

Matthew 7:3-5New International Version (NIV)

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.   

yes i have faults  yes i fall short at times.  yes at times i can get point blank    . while again bro pastor/preacher   this preacher me  knows how and when to approach the throne of grace . that does not require proper  English skills .  i leave you with what paul wrote  to the Galatians church  

Galatians 6New International Version (NIV)

Doing Good to All

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, for each one should carry their own load. Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.        might i add thank you for pointing out my faults   and my lack of education  and my rotten English skills  ...       DO  YOU HAVE ANY FAULTS THAT  YOU MIGHT POST   or are you able to walk on water  ?

12 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Just chill and let it go ok? Any pastor really needs to rethink his approach if they are coming across as illegible. If people are telling you so then swallow your pride, take their advice and move on ok? You are treating this like its a huge deal when it isnt. 

would you be willing to give  Cobalt1959   same advice    so while iam chilling  how did this start...  ?  i have a know so salvation  ..  that must have been hard to understand  . i am beginning  to think joining here   was a major mistake    {  You are treating this like its a huge deal when it isnt. }   then why  are you still bringing it up ?  might i add my last post was 15 hours ago.  pertaining  to this subject when you replied   it appears you like digging  up bones

Edited by the watchman

2 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Perhaps you could just try answering questions when they are asked instead of adopting the role of some kind of victim.

i have answered all the questions from you i am going to   you took a phrase which i have been using for years  a know so salvation  and took it and questioned it  ripped it apart attacked me personally in my grammar  . i tried  to explain    but it hit a brick wall   .  i have  no desire to communicate with you.  if the admin wants to allow this silly game of yours to go on.  i will completely leave  . i have no desire to play your child games   so in the words to a song  GET OVER IT               

People draw the Pharisee gun when there are few options left open to them.   It is always an act of desperation, and is rarely valid.  Same concept with Matthew 7.  The most mis-used and abused scripture tossed out any time someone wants to protect a favorite sin, or pass off poor behavior as somehow acceptable.          

{lol that was not my only option you come on the scene like your perfect  .tell ya on 2nd thought if you wish to continue  this}  i shall be more that happy to keep it going with you..  so the BIG question is  how did   a know so salvation  reply spark such a fire   ?    

Edited by the watchman

i have come to the conclusion  that  the childish  post  remarks  of having a know so salvation   bad grammar  having a sin i am hiding . will bring my short stay in this forum to a end  yes   Cobalt1959  i am fed up with your silly childish   judgmental  remarks  . so since the admin thinks  it is ok.  then in due time i will remove my self

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, 1to3 said:

Matthew 7:21-23

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

Goes RIGHT in line with this too.  WHY do you call me LORD and yet DO NOT the things which I say.

MY WORDS will be your judge on the LAST DAY.   

How many are in adulterous marriages

how many are doing so many things which our LORD said were evil and not doing what he said TO DO.

YES ONE TWO THREE,  ihave to agree.    MANY WILL SAY to HIM on that day , LORD LORD have we not prophesied I N    YOUR       NAME

and done many wonderful works IN      YOUR       NAME

and cast out demons                       I       N           Y     O    U   R         N   A   M   E.................

lots of so called christains will burn in hell and know it not.   THIS is sad for me to have to see many reject JESUS.  SEE

if we came to ANY JESUS which contradicted the BIBLICAL JESUS....................we never KNEW HIM ...................did we.   NOPE.

so be on guard now.   for many wolves in wool are preaching many different Gosples with many different JESUSES..................

BUT we love what we love.   IF truly the lOVE that comes from GOD is on our heart...........WE WOULD LOVE CHRIST TRUTH above all things.   and by that we know how to properly

love mankind.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

What a turn of events. Now, reading what happened here.. i think we all need to think if we are indeed.. truly...saved.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

58 minutes ago, Eastern Star said:

What a turn of events. Now, reading what happened here.. i think we all need to think if we are indeed.. truly...saved.

Maybe, the following should be answered by each, as it qualifies or makes that statement of being children of God. First, you have to know your spirit and compare what the scripture verse below says.

I think the brothers having this discourse should PM each other and sort it out there. It is not brotherly love to have this harsh brutish words back and forth, that only antagonizes their spirit.  Come on sirs, lets show that love that our savior spoke of that we should have for one another.   

Romans 8 King James Version (KJV)

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1