• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/5/2017 at 9:25 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Sounds like a Paul Washer sermon you may have been listening to. He talks a lot like that. And he is right. There are many out there who think all you have to do is just pray the prayer, say the right words and bang, boom you are saved, and even if you continue to live an unregenerate life you arent going to hell. 

Its more than just the words, its about a change of heart. We are supposed to be new creations in Christ who do not want to sin any more (exept for the fact that we will all make mistakes occasionally, but that is different from sinning with impunity)

Regeneration is more than " make mistakes occasionally ", it is all about flesh and spirit.    You see, our fleshy life in this world can be attacked, trodden on and tried and tested in many ways and sometimes brutally.   This verse below points to this and sends home the point of knowing that our spirit or the spirit man is intact indeed. The body is dead of sin, does not mean we would not sin, and the extent in not the issue as to each situation you may be in.  It is also not a licence to sin, but the body is dead for a spiritual man, as righteousness in the motivator and ruler of his life, which is not his own righteousness, but through Christ.

I mentions this, because, some of us would be tempted in ways and do things that may seem unrighteous, but the trial itself, you may not know the privilege as to what it entails.  It is the upholding of righteousness in the spirit that wins the battles and drives the enemy to even more so determine to break you.  The battles is the Lord and you are his servant to stand and bear the scars as Paul says in Roman 8, we are to share is Christ sufferings. 

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Good; because in reading your replies here, you have acted like anything but "a pastor". You demonstrated a lack of the biblical qualifiers listed in 1 Timothy or Titus, and when others approached you to correct you, you bristled and accused them. And what I see here is more of the same: a refusal to correct one's own actions, instead defending them vehemently.

Further, it made no difference to you when you misquoted someone in another thread, and  then stated that you did not care. A true pastor would have a lot more concern in whom they quote, since those who teach are held to a higher standard (James 3). In fact, it seems to make no difference to you what you do, as you seem to believe the title of "pastor" somehow gives you that right".

I'm sorry, but from what you've demonstrated here you do not appear to be much of a "pastor".  You don't demonstrate much maturity, squabble over petty issues, and have a great deal of trouble making yourself understood, which wreaks havoc with anything you would post. One cannot communicate the truth if they cannot do so "clearly.

sorry yes  imagine  how this got started        but  in the end  YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS   is far more Superior  than mine..hey who knows maybe you and   cobolot   or what ever he goes by can start your own church  .  that way you can correct every one..   i could post plenty scripture my self   ..but then again  i would be accused of hiding sin... in this forum you have yet to demonstrate any thing either  ..to teach one has to have someone who wants to be taught   . questioning   a know  so salvation  is not exactly  a good standard   . 

you   yes YOU in your reply  have took a small issue and turned it into a mountain  ...  all this could have  been avoided by reason..but no several of you jumped in with booth feet and made it a big issue         .on my so called miss quote  ******  if not mistaken i said i did not intend for it to be... 

you like to judge  there is no rule of thumb  for posting  here     ..best thing for all of us. is the admin remove me from here   .that way  the pharisee  posting can go unchallenged :o

let me know when you take care of your own faults...  your replies does not hold up to scripture.. so i can only guess your hiding behind a computer  with a mask of religion    a pretend wanna be .  sine you made your claim as to am i really a pastor   are you really saved?  do you know that you know beyond a shadow of doubt   .or do you just think and pretend  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves Phill.2:3

Romans 12:10

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

2 Corinthians 10:12-16

Not that we dare to classify or compare ourselves with some of those who are commending themselves. But when they measure themselves by one another and compare themselves with one another, they are without understanding. But we will not boast beyond limits, but will boast only with regard to the area of influence God assigned to us, to reach even to you. For we are not overextending ourselves, as though we did not reach you. For we were the first to come all the way to you with the gospel of Christ. We do not boast beyond limit in the labors of others. But our hope is that as your faith increases, our area of influence among you may be greatly enlarged, so that we may preach the gospel in lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in another's area of influence.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Your closest friendnt said:

I understand your point and no need to explain it to me.

I do not hope for eternal life to come to me, because Jesus is my Eternal Life and the way I see my self I will continue to believe the rest of my life.  

I am saved from Hell, what else can I ask, to be saved from too much working or for driving too fast, and not admit it, instant chalenge the officer to prove it.

Is it pleading no guilty a sin, is it remaining silent a sin, is it not disclosing the where about of my friend an elegal a sin, and on persistent inquiries giving the wrong address a sin? Whether I am going to be saved from something people considered a sin, does is it realy matter so much, when I am saved from not believing, because I believe. 

This is my Eternal life with Jesus, I believe in him, that's when my eternal life begins with Jesus, the very first moment i believe in him. 

Jesus said when someone sins , he does not die spiritually, he is still mine, jesus said I cannot loose anyone for eternity to the Devil because of sins. 

They belong to me but They fellowship with the darkness but not full time I get my momments also.

But when they die, they cannot fellowship with the darkness any more because there is no darkness in Heaven. 

They belong to me but They fellowship with the darkness but not full time I get my momments also

Someone please tell me this is a joke .... right.  I never heard paul or james or jude or peter or Christ talk like that.

the message was Let all who name the name of Christ depart from inquity, not visit it and let jesus have a lil time too.

This mindset is why the leaven has went to the roof.   time to get serious and grave again.   

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

Wow, what a mess this turned out to be.  Yup, I am judging the personal attacks I have just read through.  Here is one suggestion I have if someone does not want to communicate with another member:

1. If you do not wish to engage in any conversation with another member, hover over their avatar and select Ignore User

It really is that simple.  If this continues on the same path, I will begin removing people from this thread.  This is a small portion of the Terms Of Service we all agreed to when becoming a member.

Abuse of other posters is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, name calling, insulting, harassing, threatening or in any way invading the privacy of another poster. We also strongly discourage giving out personal information such as email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers on the public boards. Any information given out in private is at your own discretion and risk. (Eph. 4: 29)

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  102
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

False sense of salvation?

Here's your answer:

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Romans 10:9

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  106

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Wow, what a mess this turned out to be.  Yup, I am judging the personal attacks I have just read through.

mess is exactly  right..i see a lot of insecurity of salvation 1 john 5:13   :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

God knows our heart. A person needs to examine themselves. Is Jesus Christ really in you? Is there evidence of God's work in your life? Is a person going to make a choice to remain on the fence or genuinely ask Jesus Christ into their life and have a daily relationship with Him?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 10/14/2017 at 10:52 PM, warrior12 said:

Regeneration is more than " make mistakes occasionally ", it is all about flesh and spirit.    You see, our fleshy life in this world can be attacked, trodden on and tried and tested in many ways and sometimes brutally.   This verse below points to this and sends home the point of knowing that our spirit or the spirit man is intact indeed. The body is dead of sin, does not mean we would not sin, and the extent in not the issue as to each situation you may be in.  It is also not a licence to sin, but the body is dead for a spiritual man, as righteousness in the motivator and ruler of his life, which is not his own righteousness, but through Christ.

I mentions this, because, some of us would be tempted in ways and do things that may seem unrighteous, but the trial itself, you may not know the privilege as to what it entails.  It is the upholding of righteousness in the spirit that wins the battles and drives the enemy to even more so determine to break you.  The battles is the Lord and you are his servant to stand and bear the scars as Paul says in Roman 8, we are to share is Christ sufferings. 

10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Well that is pretty much what I said; just not so succinctly :whoop-dee-doo:<--- ahem sorry just happen to like that one lol

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"..................:D

Edited by Gary Lee