• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1965

OK folks I don't as yet have a bible however as member had recommended I went on line 

Jesus was tempted by the devil my question would be is temptation a sin 

An example I found was if a husband lusted after another woman he has already committed adultery in his heart 

So is temptation the sin? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,734
  • Content Per Day:  2.80
  • Days Won:  21

Being tempted to sin alone is not sin, it’s when we give in to the temptation that we sin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheAimes said:

Being tempted to sin alone is not sin, it’s when we give in to the temptation that we sin. 

But if the sin is in your thoughts or temptation is it a sin 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Sinbad said:

Temptation is not sin. But it can lead to it. Or not. Depends on our choice, to obey and stop, or disobey and continue.

It's quite simple. I get tempted all day long in my mind mostly. At some point I may realize what I'm thinking will lead to a sin, so I simply confess "that's sin" and move on. I'm programming my mind with good data, truth. The thought becomes a sin (for me) when I ignore the good data stored in my heart/mind, and continue to think sinful thoughts. It's when the sinful thought is conceived, that I commit a sin. Any thought, deed or action. When I linger on a sinful thought, the good data, scripture, then comes into play. I'll confess it as sin, and move on. I don't obsess on it. After mentally confessing something multiple times, I begin to get the picture. There is pleasure in sin.  Confessing right away that it is sin, chips away the pleasure..... (Creates a "God presence" reminding me He's right beside me)    1Jn 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.   There is a secondary benefit to confessing, the cleansing.

Jas 1:13-15;  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticedThen when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 10/5/2017 at 5:58 PM, Sinbad said:

Hi and welcome,

Let me be brief and blunt then give rationale afterward.

YES, YES, YES! It is sinful. It is sin. Now go try to not sin- can't hardly be done can it?

Some say well it's okay to see but not to look a second time. Really? Now isn't that silly, I get one peek How many one peeks a day  do I get?

Here is the issue at hand- every person is sin, has sin, is sinful, anyway you want to state it each and every person fails the standard of God. No exceptions to be found except possibly of two men in all of time.

God will not, can not abide sin nor imperfection. So where does that leave  us that are sin in our very nature? It leaves us with an impossible to reconcile problem, for no matter how we recover the sin has occurred it cannot be erased it cannot be atoned for because any atonement  comes from a flawed source us.

Fortunately God loves his creation including us enough to in His awesome wisdom and presence solve and resolve the impossible. He took our sin upon Himself, paid the fullest price of sin which is death and eternal separation from God. Thus He personally paid in full for the sin of all those He will save to himself for eternal life with Him.

How? He sent His son to become fully man as well as already being fully God. He lived perfection as a man and then was sacrificed on the cross willingly sacrificed that many might be saved from eternal death and separation from God.

Are there conditions to be met by  each person in addition are all saved- many questions with many takes of answers and great debate among the saved. But in general  it seems the Bible informs us of some common basics.  Salvation is from God alone, we do not earn salvation.   I suggest and encourage you, that if you find a call or feeling, encourage it by asking God to show you ask for the Holy Spirit to show  you Jesus. Really ask  God directly. Many a saint will come along side of you  will pray for you and help explain the Trinity, salvation, etc. But the basic you must end up with is having the Holy Spirit, otherwise you will not have ability to understand what is spiritually discerned. May God lead you to him even now Amen.

Enough for now take care.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi neighbour 

You answered a lot of questions there thank you 

Sinbad 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/5/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sinbad said:

Our thoughts are not necessarily sinful. God knows our minds are weak.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Our thoughts are not necessarily sinful. God knows our minds are weak.

Everyone will be tempted.    we have wicked flesh THUS evil pops in our mind.

WHEN once it does, what we do with it IS THEN ON US , if we have the SPIRIT it will alarm us immediately

when the temptation hits,  KILL the lust the temptation before it becomes SIN .    do not entertain the thought .

can this be done.  YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT CAN.   FOR IT IS GOD IN US , IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT, WORKING THAT WHICH IS WELL PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT.

kill it in thought mode it wont be acted out .  the sin that sins is our own flesh, but what we do with the evil thought when once it appears, NOW THAT IS ON US.

KILL IT by the power of Christ .   For he took our sins unto himself and bore our punishments on the tree

that we BEING DEAD to SIN should , SHOULD LIVE UNTO .  .   ready for it .................RIGHTEOUSNESS.

JESUS DID COME to set the captives free. and whom we serve is our master.   follow the spirit and deny the flesh.   amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Just now, frienduff thaylorde said:

Everyone will be tempted.    we have wicked flesh THUS evil pops in our mind.

WHEN once it does, what we do with it IS THEN ON US , if we have the SPIRIT it will alarm us immediately

when the temptation hits,  KILL the lust the temptation before it becomes SIN .    do not entertain the thought .

can this be done.  YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT CAN.   FOR IT IS GOD IN US , IF WE HAVE THE SPIRIT, WORKING THAT WHICH IS WELL PLEASING IN HIS SIGHT.

kill it in thought mode it wont be acted out .  the sin that sins is our own flesh, but what we do with the evil thought when once it appears, NOW THAT IS ON US.

KILL IT by the power of Christ .   For he took our sins unto himself and bore our punishments on the tree

that we BEING DEAD to SIN should , SHOULD LIVE UNTO .  .   ready for it .................RIGHTEOUSNESS.

JESUS DID COME to set the captives free. and whom we serve is our master.   follow the spirit and deny the flesh.   amen.

Yes, Christianity is full of doubt and temptation but if we approach God on these issues He will protect us if we ask Him. And we need to always keep on our Armor of God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

To be tempted is not a sin. To linger and contemplate on it is a sin. 

I have a reoccurring obsessive sin. The only way to not think about it is to literally have my bible in my face all.day.long. I have had to carry around scripture with me and read it throughout the day. 

It's so important to keep thoughts pure because actions always follow.