• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Debp said:

So isn't it good to reach out in Christian love, not only to Muslims, but all people?  We never know how God will use us

Absolutely. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Abdicate said:

I hope you get to see it. My favorite is Madrid. The food is OUTSTANDING and the atmosphere is laid back and easy to slip into. From there you can take historic train rides to hour-trips, see the summer palaces. It's really great! I lived there for 4 years and didn't get to see it all. The worse place was Bamako, Mali... unbelievable poverty and "rich" compared to other places for sure. And it's only 3 hours from (you got it) Timbuktu. And I've been to Bonneville (New York). 

A lot of crap going on in Spain right now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

10 hours ago, Debp said:

My friends from Bangladesh are friendly, love the USA....don't follow Islam strictly, just holidays, no pork.   The lady  told me they didn't like going out with  Iranians they knew because  they felt obligated to eat Halal, and they never follow Halal.  They seem more like Christians than some Christians actually.   They don't do ritual prayers....of course, we all need our Lord as personal Savior.

I think it's important for Christians to at least reach out in Christian love.  Because some Americans can be mean to them and we don't want them to get the wrong idea of what Christians are like.   And perhaps God will use us somehow for them  to know Jesus.

My friend's daughter is a sweet, quiet girl.  In school one boy used to always hit her in the head with a book when the teacher wasn't looking.   Another time their  young daughter was invited to a birthday party like the other classmates....but the sweet girl was actually shunned at the party. 

The birthday girl took the present from her but turned her face away while taking the present!  The sweet girl had to phone her dad to pick her up from the party.   This sweet girl used to talk to a tree, pretending it was a friend!   Her mother confided in me and I would help her about these kinds of things.

So isn't it good to reach out in Christian love, not only to Muslims, but all people?  We never know how God will use us.

Yes Debp, it is right to reach out to people like this. But don't preach at them, just treat them good. I felt so bad for your daughter's friend. I was a lonely kid too but I never spoke to trees. However, I used to make up imaginary friends. I was into Super Hero comics so most of my imaginary friends were super heroic types. If what happened to that girl had happened to me, once I was home 1 of my imaginary hero friends would have spoiled their party. One of the ones who could turn invisible or make himself the size of an ant but with full strength. In other words, the Ant-Man, but my friends had different names. Luckily I always had 2 or 3 real life friends. If God had not blessed me with a strong mind I could have easily grown up psychotic. Please be friendly to those people, especially the sweet girl. She must feel like a freak of nature. If she doesn't develop some self esteem she may become the kind of girl that mean boys take advantage of. I'm a psychologist Debp I just never finished grad school. But I understand people and that sweet girl needs a few real friends. If Jesus was on earth today he'd pick her out of the crowd and keep her with Him awhile. He'd make her feel special. How old is that girl?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,015
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,277
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

13 hours ago, JTC said:

Yes Debp, it is right to reach out to people like this. But don't preach at them, just treat them good. I felt so bad for your daughter's friend. I was a lonely kid too but I never spoke to trees. However, I used to make up imaginary friends. I was into Super Hero comics so most of my imaginary friends were super heroic types. If what happened to that girl had happened to me, once I was home 1 of my imaginary hero friends would have spoiled their party. One of the ones who could turn invisible or make himself the size of an ant but with full strength. In other words, the Ant-Man, but my friends had different names. Luckily I always had 2 or 3 real life friends. If God had not blessed me with a strong mind I could have easily grown up psychotic. Please be friendly to those people, especially the sweet girl. She must feel like a freak of nature. If she doesn't develop some self esteem she may become the kind of girl that mean boys take advantage of. I'm a psychologist Debp I just never finished grad school. But I understand people and that sweet girl needs a few real friends. If Jesus was on earth today he'd pick her out of the crowd and keep her with Him awhile. He'd make her feel special. How old is that girl?

Thanks for your kind, insightful reply.  Actually, Farin is now almost 19 years old!  She is in her 2nd yr of college and plans to become a doctor.  I just spoke with her last night.  Her college had a form about if they drink, party, etc....in order to match up roommates, so her roomies are all nice girls, thankfully.

I never preached but they always knew we were Christians.  I spoke about coming to know Christ to them early on.  And when the husband was quite ill, I also spoke of Christ to him.  Since Farin was their child I couldn't go over their parental authority in telling her about salvation too plainly, but If opportunities came, I tried to say something of Jesus's words, etc.   As able, I try to do that with her mother, too, as we talk on the phone regularly.  The husband is also very nice....his wife told me he doesn't like dealing with his own people....so I pray this is a good sign, that he likes us Christians more.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2017 at 12:50 AM, Debp said:

Thanks for your kind, insightful reply.  Actually, Farin is now almost 19 years old!  She is in her 2nd yr of college and plans to become a doctor.  I just spoke with her last night.  Her college had a form about if they drink, party, etc....in order to match up roommates, so her roomies are all nice girls, thankfully.

I never preached but they always knew we were Christians.  I spoke about coming to know Christ to them early on.  And when the husband was quite ill, I also spoke of Christ to him.  Since Farin was their child I couldn't go over their parental authority in telling her about salvation too plainly, but If opportunities came, I tried to say something of Jesus's words, etc.   As able, I try to do that with her mother, too, as we talk on the phone regularly.  The husband is also very nice....his wife told me he doesn't like dealing with his own people....so I pray this is a good sign, that he likes us Christians more.

Debp, I think you're handling your Muslim neighbors in a good way. Maybe I misunderstood Farin talking to a tree. That's why I thought she was probably young, like under 14 or 15. An 18 yr old who speaks to trees gets me worried. But since she's been accepted to a collage I'm probably misunderstanding something.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, JTC said:

Debp, I think you're handling your Muslim neighbors in a good way. Maybe I misunderstood Farin talking to a tree. That's why I thought she was probably young, like under 14 or 15. An 18 yr old who speaks to trees gets me worried. But since she's been accepted to a collage I'm probably misunderstanding something.

No, you didn't misunderstand....she talked to the tree when she was a young child.  The unkind things that happened to her was when she was a child.  Since she is so sweet those unkind things were hard on her and her mother....also, I felt for her as she is like a granddaughter to me.

Eventually her mother got Farin home schooled so she wouldn't have to deal with too much bad stuff at high school.  Thanks again for your interest!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2017 at 12:09 AM, Debp said:

No, you didn't misunderstand....she talked to the tree when she was a young child.  The unkind things that happened to her was when she was a child.  Since she is so sweet those unkind things were hard on her and her mother....also, I felt for her as she is like a granddaughter to me.

Eventually her mother got Farin home schooled so she wouldn't have to deal with too much bad stuff at high school.  Thanks again for your interest!

Oh OK, so she doesn't talk to trees anymore. That's good. Some people are so mean it's sad. I'm glad you're friendly to Muslims. I also wish hurricane Sandy didn't put an end to the talks I was having with the Muslim man I worked with. It had just gotten interesting.

Where I live I don't think there are many Muslims. I live in an ungodly area. People don't want to talk about God. I think it's mostly Catholics and Jews but they all seem lukewarm. I wouldn't want to be in a Muslim town I just wish people around here took God seriously. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

On 07/10/2017 at 12:04 PM, Debp said:

I guess most of you don't live in a city or town that gets alot of different ethnic groups.

I live in a country that has different ethnicities.. cultures.. religions.. and languages.

I think that perhaps one of the things that I have learnt growing up and living in my country.. and also from later interacting a little bit with people from different parts of the world especially here on worthy etc..   is that people are just people....

Yes sometimes perhaps there might be cultural differences or language differences etc.  But people are still just people.  Human beings are human beings.

Just some thoughts. 

Edited by just_abc

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Oh OK, so she doesn't talk to trees anymore. That's good. Some people are so mean it's sad. I'm glad you're friendly to Muslims. I also wish hurricane Sandy didn't put an end to the talks I was having with the Muslim man I worked with. It had just gotten interesting.

Where I live I don't think there are many Muslims. I live in an ungodly area. People don't want to talk about God. I think it's mostly Catholics and Jews but they all seem lukewarm. I wouldn't want to be in a Muslim town I just wish people around here took God seriously. 

I see you live in NY State...I grew up in PA and I notice a big difference in the Catholics back there compared to Los Angeles....at least when I was there.  Here I have noticed  Catholics who love God and seem born again....rather than just following the rituals, etc. 

Talking about your Muslim friend, several years ago, I knew a couple from Egypt studying to become pastors.  They moved back to Cairo and minister there.  I get Prayer line from Christian Aid Mission in VA, and many indigenous missionaries in the Middle East are seeing Muslims come to Christ because of the suffering they endure from Isis.

I hope as more Muslims come to know Jesus, that other Muslims will feel more free to become Christians.

13 hours ago, just_abc said:

I live in a country that has different ethnicities.. cultures.. religions.. and languages.

I think that perhaps one of the things that I have learnt growing up and living in my country.. and also from later interacting a little bit with people from different parts of the world especially here on worthy etc..   is that people are just people....

Yes sometimes perhaps there might be cultural differences or language differences etc.  But people are still just people.  Human beings are human beings.

Just some thoughts. 

That's true, and I think most people respond to love and kindness.  And if the love and kindness comes to them from Christians, perhaps God will use that in some way.

Your avatar looks like Arabic...is that right?