• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

theres a musalla (musallah?) up the road from me but haven't spoken to the people who use it and dont really want to...lol...they are good people though :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

2 hours ago, georgie_02 said:

theres a musalla (musallah?) up the road from me but haven't spoken to the people who use it and dont really want to...lol...they are good people though :) 

Oh, do you mean a mosque?

If you happen to run into any of the ladies from there, you might just show Christian love, friendliness...unless the Lord opens a door for you to say more.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  893
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, Debp said:

...is that right? 

It is an old script of an asian language.  However the script likely originated from arabic script.. so some / many letters of the alphabet are likely similar with arabic.. but not all..

Edited by just_abc

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  371
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  11/26/2002

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Oh, do you mean a mosque?

If you happen to run into any of the ladies from there, you might just show Christian love, friendliness...unless the Lord opens a door for you to say more.

sorry i didnt know. people here say its a musalla for some reason..i googled the meaning and it just means outside prayer area. yeah smile and be nice :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There are quite some nice Muslim that really wants to convert to Christianity but are quite scared of their families. 

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

There are Muslims that live on my mail route. Friendly and kind. And I must say I like them a lot.

BUT

I am also keenly aware of the potential demoniac actions their religion could require of them at any moment. 

To them, god is telling them to do whatever.

I have studied Islam and the origins of it in a minor capacity under the teaching of Dr. Bob Morey. 

Must learning for every non-Muslim IMHO.

Remember also, human nature (and therefore humanity) is satanic. And so the same potential in Muslims is

in everyone. Even in misled Christians (who sometimes do the stupidest of things).

So I say be soberly aware of the potential in everyone but don't be like paranoid about it all.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

There are Muslims that live on my mail route. Friendly and kind. And I must say I like them a lot.

BUT

I am also keenly aware of the potential demoniac actions their religion could require of them at any moment. 

To them, god is telling them to do whatever.

This seems incongruous - "like them a lot" - as if liking the scribes and pharisees "a lot" who Jesus called , well,  remember what He called them.

Outwardly deceptive ,  "clean vessels" on the outside,  defiled on the inside.... filled with that which opposes Life, Truth, i.e. anti- Jesus.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, simplejeff said:

This seems incongruous - "like them a lot" - as if liking the scribes and pharisees "a lot" who Jesus called , well,  remember what He called them.

Outwardly deceptive ,  "clean vessels" on the outside,  defiled on the inside.... filled with that which opposes Life, Truth, i.e. anti- Jesus.....

So count on one hand all the people who do not fit that description.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

On 10/6/2017 at 9:04 PM, Debp said:

Los Angeles is really diverse...I live in an area usually called Korea Town.  But there are also many Hispanics, some Caucasians and some African Americans.  A little further North is Little Bangladesh.

We're awfully close. I don't live anywhere near Korea Town but I just got accepted as a volunteer helping out at a homeless shelter about a mile north of Korea Town call PATH. I'm also a volunteer at the Pasadena Shelter, Union Station.

I didn't know there's a place in the area call Little Bangladesh. I'm curious to find a restaurant in the area and try out their cuisines. One of the best part of living in the Los Angeles county area I love is the variety of fine foods available from many different countries. 

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

12 minutes ago, Psalms37:4 said:

We're awfully close. I don't live anywhere near Korea Town but I just got accepted as a volunteer helping out at a homeless shelter about a mile north of Korea Town call PATH. I'm also a volunteer at the Pasadena Shelter, Union Station.

I didn't know there's a place in the area call Little Bangladesh. I'm curious to find a restaurant in the area and try out their cuisines. One of the best part of living in the Los Angeles county area I love is the variety of fine foods available from many different countries. 

Hi, that is interesting we are in the same area somewhat.

Little Bangladesh is on 3rd Street and West of Vermont Ave.   It extends about 5 blocks or so.   Many Muslims there, walking as well as the shops' and cafes' owners.  You might try The Kabob House on 3rd, just West of Vermont....they have a parking lot.  Haven't been there lately but I think they are still there.

I love the chicken curry, chicken masala and tandoori chicken.  The price is reasonable, too.    Let me know if you go there.

• Thumbs Up 1