On 07/10/2017 at 12:04 PM, Debp said:

I guess most of you don't live in a city or town that gets alot of different ethnic groups.

I live in a country that has different ethnicities.. cultures.. religions.. and languages.

I think that perhaps one of the things that I have learnt growing up and living in my country.. and also from later interacting a little bit with people from different parts of the world especially here on worthy etc..   is that people are just people....

Yes sometimes perhaps there might be cultural differences or language differences etc.  But people are still just people.  Human beings are human beings.

Just some thoughts. 

Edited by just_abc

16 hours ago, JTC said:

Oh OK, so she doesn't talk to trees anymore. That's good. Some people are so mean it's sad. I'm glad you're friendly to Muslims. I also wish hurricane Sandy didn't put an end to the talks I was having with the Muslim man I worked with. It had just gotten interesting.

Where I live I don't think there are many Muslims. I live in an ungodly area. People don't want to talk about God. I think it's mostly Catholics and Jews but they all seem lukewarm. I wouldn't want to be in a Muslim town I just wish people around here took God seriously. 

I see you live in NY State...I grew up in PA and I notice a big difference in the Catholics back there compared to Los Angeles....at least when I was there.  Here I have noticed  Catholics who love God and seem born again....rather than just following the rituals, etc. 

Talking about your Muslim friend, several years ago, I knew a couple from Egypt studying to become pastors.  They moved back to Cairo and minister there.  I get Prayer line from Christian Aid Mission in VA, and many indigenous missionaries in the Middle East are seeing Muslims come to Christ because of the suffering they endure from Isis.

I hope as more Muslims come to know Jesus, that other Muslims will feel more free to become Christians.

13 hours ago, just_abc said:

I live in a country that has different ethnicities.. cultures.. religions.. and languages.

I think that perhaps one of the things that I have learnt growing up and living in my country.. and also from later interacting a little bit with people from different parts of the world especially here on worthy etc..   is that people are just people....

Yes sometimes perhaps there might be cultural differences or language differences etc.  But people are still just people.  Human beings are human beings.

Just some thoughts. 

That's true, and I think most people respond to love and kindness.  And if the love and kindness comes to them from Christians, perhaps God will use that in some way.

Your avatar looks like Arabic...is that right? 

theres a musalla (musallah?) up the road from me but haven't spoken to the people who use it and dont really want to...lol...they are good people though :) 

2 hours ago, georgie_02 said:

theres a musalla (musallah?) up the road from me but haven't spoken to the people who use it and dont really want to...lol...they are good people though :) 

Oh, do you mean a mosque?

If you happen to run into any of the ladies from there, you might just show Christian love, friendliness...unless the Lord opens a door for you to say more.

On 10/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, Debp said:

...is that right? 

It is an old script of an asian language.  However the script likely originated from arabic script.. so some / many letters of the alphabet are likely similar with arabic.. but not all..

Edited by just_abc

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Oh, do you mean a mosque?

If you happen to run into any of the ladies from there, you might just show Christian love, friendliness...unless the Lord opens a door for you to say more.

sorry i didnt know. people here say its a musalla for some reason..i googled the meaning and it just means outside prayer area. yeah smile and be nice :)

There are Muslims that live on my mail route. Friendly and kind. And I must say I like them a lot.

BUT

I am also keenly aware of the potential demoniac actions their religion could require of them at any moment. 

To them, god is telling them to do whatever.

I have studied Islam and the origins of it in a minor capacity under the teaching of Dr. Bob Morey. 

Must learning for every non-Muslim IMHO.

Remember also, human nature (and therefore humanity) is satanic. And so the same potential in Muslims is

in everyone. Even in misled Christians (who sometimes do the stupidest of things).

So I say be soberly aware of the potential in everyone but don't be like paranoid about it all.

3 minutes ago, JohnD said:

There are Muslims that live on my mail route. Friendly and kind. And I must say I like them a lot.

BUT

I am also keenly aware of the potential demoniac actions their religion could require of them at any moment. 

To them, god is telling them to do whatever.

This seems incongruous - "like them a lot" - as if liking the scribes and pharisees "a lot" who Jesus called , well,  remember what He called them.

Outwardly deceptive ,  "clean vessels" on the outside,  defiled on the inside.... filled with that which opposes Life, Truth, i.e. anti- Jesus.....

• Thumbs Up 1