• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.73
  • Days Won:  25

8 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

Of course I look at the first amendment the same way.....im not opposed to the practicing of any religion inside the US, including Islam (im guessing thats where your going with this) so long as it doesnt involve killing anyone else or stepping upon their rights. You want to be a muslim, thats fine, I don't care, as long as your not trying to force a christian business out of business for selling bacon. 

Ive even vocally defended our local mosque against some jerks who were were going out of their way to destroy them. Don't get me wrong-I dont support Islam, they are a 100% false religion, and a dangerous one at that-but as long as theyre practicing their religion peacefully, I will defend their right to do so. and our local mosque is very peaceful.

I was referring more to the free speech part than the religion part.  Is any law restricting what can be said by an individual an infringement of the 1st?   

Do libel laws run afoul of the 1st in your opinion since they infringe upon what one can say?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,676
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

2 hours ago, Running Gator said:

I was referring more to the free speech part than the religion part.  Is any law restricting what can be said by an individual an infringement of the 1st?   

Do libel laws run afoul of the 1st in your opinion since they infringe upon what one can say?

I think common sense comes into play, like if you scream "fire" in a crowded theater or "bomb" in an airport, your probably going to face consequences.

But beyond im all for freedom of speech. I've said this before, the media has every right to spread the lies they do. So does anyone else. There maybe consequences-people may stop listening to you, but you can certainly say what you want.

Guest shiloh357
On 10/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Running Gator said:

So, since people will do drugs even if they are illegal, there is no reason to make them illegal

Doing/possessing drugs and owning/shooting guns or owning bump stocks are not the same thing.   Owning guns are a constitutional right.  Drugs are not.   You cannot even  compare those two things.