• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,696
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

So why is anything illegal?   If this is the case then why make anything at all illegal? 

there has to be common sense....shooting people is already illegal. But, making it illegal, doesnt punish the law abiding citizen. I have no want to kill anyone, so it doesnt punish anyone. Taking away bump stocks, wont stop criminals from killing anyone, but it does punish me as now I cannot purchase one for my personal use.

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.70
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

there has to be common sense....shooting people is already illegal. But, making it illegal, doesnt punish the law abiding citizen. I have no want to kill anyone, so it doesnt punish anyone. Taking away bump stocks, wont stop criminals from killing anyone, but it does punish me as now I cannot purchase one for my personal use.

By this I take it you are against any restrictions on any arms? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

if/when they  bring up Feinstein's bill to ban the stocks you can bet there will be all kinds of amendments put on it for God knows what and ultimately the bill won't pass....

What actually makes these things legal in the first place is the BTAF declared then legal during the Obama Administration....   I was shocked at the time that they OK'ed the things.   

All the president needs to do is have the BTAF review the thing and declare it as coming under the 1934 ban on fully automatic weapons.   If he would do this we would not have to deal with the democrats taking advantage of the situation.....    I'm a second amendment guy, but I really don't see a need for this without opening up everything for civilian use.   It won't stop their use though even if we do ban them....   they are to simple to make.

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, Running Gator said:

So why is anything illegal?   If this is the case then why make anything at all illegal? 

You can't be serious?

Criminals by nature break the law.  So making things illegal isn't a solution if the aim of making something illegal is to prevent something like mass shootings/killings.

You can pass all of the laws you want.  It will not prevent another mass shooting or other kind of mass killing.   3,000 people were killed on 9/11 and guns were not used to do the killing.   You drive a car into a crowded tourist area and kill lots of people that way. 

If someone else breaks the law, why do I have pay for that with my rights?   Why do law abiding citizens have to have their freedoms and rights diminished? 

30 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

You can't be serious?

Criminals by nature break the law.  So making things illegal isn't a solution if the aim of making something illegal is to prevent something like mass shootings/killings.

You can pass all of the laws you want.  It will not prevent another mass shooting.

So, since people will do drugs even if they are illegal, there is no reason to make them illegal

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, other one said:

if/when they  bring up Feinstein's bill to ban the stocks you can bet there will be all kinds of amendments put on it for God knows what and ultimately the bill won't pass....

What actually makes these things legal in the first place is the BTAF declared then legal during the Obama Administration....   I was shocked at the time that they OK'ed the things.   

All the president needs to do is have the BTAF review the thing and declare it as coming under the 1934 ban on fully automatic weapons.   If he would do this we would not have to deal with the democrats taking advantage of the situation.....    I'm a second amendment guy, but I really don't see a need for this without opening up everything for civilian use.   It won't stop their use though even if we do ban them....   they are to simple to make.

The stocks, as I understand it,  are legal t this point because they don't convert a semi into a fully automatic according to the official government definition of "fully automatic."   The bump stocks don't cause them to fire enough rounds per minute to meet the government requirement to be considered full auto. 

Guest Butero
7 hours ago, other one said:

Personally, I am for opening up everything for civilian use.  I don't support a ban on any weapons.  If I want to own a bazooka, flame throwers, grenade launchers, anything, I should be able to.  This is about citizen's rights to form a militia.  That would require the use of more than muskets today.  

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, Running Gator said:

This is about taking away our Constitutional rights.  It is going to leave innocent people without a way to defend themselves.  it will do nothing to stop criminals.  There is no purpose in doing it.  The person who owns weapons isn't harming others.  A law abiding citizen simply has them around in case they are threatened.  On the other hand, we have laws in place that say we are not allowed to shoot an innocent person.  Why have that law?  So we can punish someone who actually does harm others?  Again, owning guns harms no one.  Shooting innocent persons does harm others.  This isn't exactly a hard distinction to make.  Law abiding citizens obey these stupid gun control laws.  Criminals do not obey them.  They do nothing but serve to disarm the American citizens, which is the ultimate aim of liberals.  

1 hour ago, Butero said:

This is about taking away our Constitutional rights.  It is going to leave innocent people without a way to defend themselves.  it will do nothing to stop criminals.  There is no purpose in doing it.  The person who owns weapons isn't harming others.  A law abiding citizen simply has them around in case they are threatened.  On the other hand, we have laws in place that say we are not allowed to shoot an innocent person.  Why have that law?  So we can punish someone who actually does harm others?  Again, owning guns harms no one.  Shooting innocent persons does harm others.  This isn't exactly a hard distinction to make.  Law abiding citizens obey these stupid gun control laws.  Criminals do not obey them.  They do nothing but serve to disarm the American citizens, which is the ultimate aim of liberals.  

There is no constitutional right related to accessories for firearms. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

4 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

The stocks, as I understand it,  are legal t this point because they don't convert a semi into a fully automatic according to the official government definition of "fully automatic."   The bump stocks don't cause them to fire enough rounds per minute to meet the government requirement to be considered full auto. 

a fully auto AR15 will fire about 15 rounds a second while the bumpstock only fires about half that at 7 to 8 depending on the individual gun and how it's adjusted.