WorthyNewsBot

WorthyNews: Trump, NRA open to ban on ‘bump stocks’ for guns

On 10/6/2017 at 9:19 PM, Running Gator said:

So, since people will do drugs even if they are illegal, there is no reason to make them illegal

No, that is not an accurate analogy.  I am arguing against the irrational point that banning things means that people will not use those banned items anymore.   My point is that taking away rights and forcing law-abiding people to pay with their freedoms for what the Las Vegas shooter did isn't going to prevent other mass killings.

In that noisy crowd with many of the people inebriated, a man armed with a 9mm Glock 17 could have killed nearly as many people as the Las Vegas shooter.   He would not have been able to injure as many perhaps, but he could have approached a similar fatality rate.  With all of the noise and the slow reaction time by many due to alcohol consumption who knows the damage he could have done before anyone would have had the presence of mind to stop him. 

On 10/6/2017 at 7:29 PM, Running Gator said:

By this I take it you are against any restrictions on any arms? 

yes, that would be a safe assertion. I think guns should be made easier to get, not harder.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:02 AM, Running Gator said:

There is no constitutional right related to accessories for firearms. 

Yes there is.  We have a right to keep and bear arms, and that obviously includes accessories like bullets, and things necessary to use the weapon.  This is not about hunting deer.  It is to defend the nation against foreign invaders.  You are your own militia, and can actually help kill the enemy if the nation is at war and they have invaded.  It would be real helpful to have things like machine guns, flame throwers, a canon, anything to kill a foreign army and make them think twice about coming into our country.  We should be able to own pretty much any weapon we want with no restrictions or background checks, short of nuclear weapons.  

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Running Gator said:

So, since people will do drugs even if they are illegal, there is no reason to make them illegal

This is not even close to the same thing.  I won't use those kind of drugs whether they are legal or not.  Yes, crack heads will, but they aren't harming me with their drugs.  I don't need to defend myself against being attacked with illegal cocaine.  On the other hand, if you make guns illegal, as a law abiding citizen, I can't get guns.  On the other hand, criminals will have guns, which can harm me, and I will be defenseless.  You need a much better example than that!  

17 hours ago, Butero said:

This is not even close to the same thing.  I won't use those kind of drugs whether they are legal or not.  Yes, crack heads will, but they aren't harming me with their drugs.  I don't need to defend myself against being attacked with illegal cocaine.  On the other hand, if you make guns illegal, as a law abiding citizen, I can't get guns.  On the other hand, criminals will have guns, which can harm me, and I will be defenseless.  You need a much better example than that!  

You might need to defend yourself from said crackheads with a gun however! Especially if such drugs we're legalized and become easy to get ahold of!

Also note you can't overdose on target practice. :)