• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

Paul's original name was Saul. It is basically the same spelling except for the first letters.

In regards to the Otiot, the ancient Hebrew alphabet, the pictograph symbol for (S) is a thorn, where (P) is a mouth.

Paul's thorn is his old nature.

He most probably suffered a lot of guilt, remorse and shame for persecuting a lot of Christians before his conversion.

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Raven said:

Paul's original name was Saul. It is basically the same spelling except for the first letters.

In regards to the Otiot, the ancient Hebrew alphabet, the pictograph symbol for (S) is a thorn, where (P) is a mouth.

Paul's thorn is his old nature.

He most probably suffered a lot of guilt, remorse and shame for persecuting a lot of Christians before his conversion.

I don't think anybody knows for sure what his thorn in the flesh was,many people think that most likely he had eyes problems..

https://www.gotquestions.org/Paul-thorn-flesh.html

A thorn in the flesh is any affliction in our lives that, if we aren’t careful, can defeat us with a good dose of self-pity and embitter us toward God. But the important thing to know about our thorns is that Satan desires to use them to defeat us, while God is determined to use them for our good and His glory

Amen ? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Days Won:  20

We know simply what Yahweh has revealed in His Word:   the thorn = messenger of hasatan.

There are other aspects also known, when revealed by Yahweh, in Scripture,  without adding to and without taking away from Scripture.

4 hours ago, Raven said:

No.   In Isaiah it is written "HE HAS BORNE all of our guilt and shame"  (wonderful lesson titled "communion" by Melissa Scott reveals this and much more from the original language) ...

and Paul knew the supreme unimaginable immense without measure JOY OF EXPERIENTIAL SALVATION IN JESUS ,

not only Paul,

but all ekklesia in the assemblies immersed in Jesus' Name were CONTINUALLY FULL OF PEACE< JOY< AND RIGHTEOUSNESS<

not sometimes, not some days, but DAILY;

not laying around in depression,  scullduggery ,  or 'moody' even... but REJOICING IN THE RESURRECTION LIFE OF JESUS walking and living IN UNION WITH JESUS DAILY....  WONDERFULLY......  UNheard of in most places on earth then, and same today......

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Days Won:  28

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I would say that many people still are haunted from their past, which is Satan buffering us.  I know that I still have nightmares of my past and it is not because Jesus did not bare them on the cross, but Satan also was around the days I have been alive and he knows my past.  Because he knows my past, he is all too willing to remind me in hopes that I become discouraged and weak in faith.  To say this is not the case is denying reality and trying to live totally spiritually, which can lead to Gnosticism.  I would not give Satan more power than he has, but I would also not ignore the power that he has.

So very true, we all have things of the past we're not proud of, we know we are forgiven from all our sins but now and then the enemy will remind us of those things :(

The key is to remember who we are in Christ , Amen?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

There is both a negative and positive view of thorns.

Jdg 2:1  And an angel of the LORD came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said, I made you to go up out of Egypt, and have brought you unto the land which I sware unto your fathers; and I said, I will never break my covenant with you.

Jdg 2:2  And ye shall make no league with the inhabitants of this land; ye shall throw down their altars: but ye have not obeyed my voice: why have ye done this?

Jdg 2:3  Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.

Jdg 2:4  And it came to pass, when the angel of the LORD spake these words unto all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voice, and wept.

Jdg 2:5  And they called the name of that place Bochim: and they sacrificed there unto the LORD.

From Smiths bible dictionary

Bochim (the weepers). A place on the west of Jordan, above Gilgal; so named from the weeping of Israel. Jdg_2:1; Jdg_2:6.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, angels4u said:

A thorn in the flesh is any affliction in our lives that, if we aren’t careful, can defeat us with a good dose of self-pity and embitter us toward God.

I got a mental disability when I was 18, when I was 21 I was locked in a state hospital for two years, I read the bible through once during that time, when I got out I tried working fulltime, but when I couldn't work any more I almost ended up homeless.

After that I started studying the bible on and off, for about 12 years, and after meeting some bad pastors, who lied and didn't even know it or wanted money to answer my questions, then after that I started studying the bible to see if I could make any sense of it, I just kept studying it, now I've read it well over 100 times, have a mp3 player now and listen to it 2 to 4 hours a day.

I'm not saying all pastors are bad, I know there's some good ones, I just can't bring myself to go to church though, I don't know  if it's my childhood experience, my illness that's not going away, but is well managed be meds.

So since I'm on disability I study the bible, play hymns on the harmonica on the street, and talk to a some people I know, I've always been a  loner, but I enjoy studying and playing hymns.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

17 minutes ago, john1 said:

So since I'm on disability I study the bible, play hymns on the harmonica on the street, and talk to a some people I know, I've always been a  loner, but I enjoy studying and playing hymns.

Well done. Keep on keeping on. Never quit. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:48 AM, angels4u said:

I don't think anybody knows for sure what his thorn in the flesh was,many people think that most likely he had eyes problems..

https://www.gotquestions.org/Paul-thorn-flesh.html

Amen ? 

Pauls thorn in the flesh.

2 Cor. 12:7, And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Pauls thorn in the flesh was the "messenger, and angel of Satan>"This angel followed Paul and buffeted him when he was tempted to become exalted. Paul lists in 11:23-27 some of the things that this angel caused him to go through to keep him humble. There is not one disease in the whole list.

2 Cor. 11:  23, Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

24, Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

25, Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

26, In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

27, In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.