• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, OneLight said:

I would say that many people still are haunted from their past, which is Satan buffering us. 

Actualliy far worse than this is artificial salvation.   Many who were once involved willingly with the demons,

got tricked into a 'fake' salvation - by the enemy (demons) - so that they could continue to control their lives.

This is not hard to see - but it is not permitted to point out to anyone that they are controlled or deceived by demons if they claim to be a Christian.  Thus,  the true salvation, freedom in Christ by His Blood, is never realized (online anyway) for many, and many false teachings and ideas get passed on by them as well (online and in person, in their churches, friends, families etc) ....

Realization of the full truth is not permitted,  but can be found in the worthychristianlibrary.com - a very thorough desclosure from reading through all the Scripture testimonies of true faith there is potentially very enlightening and helpful in ways that are never seen nor realized on the forum(s) online.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/7/2017 at 5:45 AM, angels4u said:

getmorestrength.org/daily

My grace is sufficient for you for my power is made perfect in weakness” 2 Corinthians 12:9

A small, older, hunched-over lady greeted us with a glowing smile at the doorway of our little son Matthew’s Sunday school room. She was one of the most effective Sunday school teachers at our church, and Matt loved her. I’ll never forget the time she told me, “Pastor, God made me small and bent over so that I can be right down here where the children are! If I weren’t like this, I couldn’t relate to them so well.” I was blown away by her perspective on her plight in life—her “thorn in the flesh.”

A thorn in the flesh is any affliction in our lives that, if we aren’t careful, can defeat us with a good dose of self-pity and embitter us toward God. But the important thing to know about our thorns is that Satan desires to use them to defeat us, while God is determined to use them for our good and His glory.

The apostle Paul is probably the most famous example of someone who was stuck with a thorn in the flesh. Paul knew right where the thorn had come from. He referred to it as a messenger of Satan. And though Paul never tells us what his thorn was, I think it’s clear that it was a serious problem to Paul. He said: “Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me” (2 Corinthians 12:8). God didn’t answer his prayer with a miraculous healing, but rather assured Paul that, “My grace is sufficient for you.”

It’s important to know that when God permits a thorn to remain, He gives us grace to accept it and sometimes even the grace to understand the purpose for which the thorn is intended. Paul came to realize that God permitted his affliction “to keep me from becoming conceited” (2 Corinthians 12:7). Paul was a gifted person and could have easily become proud in his abilities and accomplishments. That proud spirit would have been a disaster to his usefulness for God. So God took what Satan had intended to defeat Paul and turned it into a smashing victory by enabling him to stay appropriately humble and therefore useful.

Getting a grip on why God permits our afflictions, weaknesses, or disabilities to remain has a powerful effect on our attitudes. Instead of shaking his fist at God and grumbling about his thorn, Paul realized that God’s power was being made perfect in his weakness. That insight produced an upbeat spirit of delight and satisfaction. As Paul said, “for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses . . . For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10).

We normally don’t think of being strong in weakness, but that’s just how God works. He knows that if we think we are strong in and of ourselves, then we will become proud and self-sufficient. And when we feel that way, we are in reality very weak and unable to accomplish much of anything except for thinking how cool and capable we are. God has a better plan. When He needs to accomplish really great things through us, He sometimes needs to get our twisted view of ourselves out of the way. So He takes Satan’s intrusions into our lives and beats Satan at his own game! You may see it as a thorn, but God sees it as a triumph!

You don’t have to be Paul to start seeing what God is doing through your thorn. Rejoice that He cares enough to keep you from getting in the way of the great things that He wants to do through your life!

YOUR JOURNEY…

Read Romans 5:3-5; James 1:2-4; 1 Peter 1:3-9. What do these passages have in common?

What thorn is sticking in your side right now? How could God use it to glorify Himself?

Have you given in to your thorn to the point where it has made you bitter and defeated? How can you reclaim that ground for Christ’s glory?

Thorns are a mark of suffering. It is no coincidence that Jesus wore a crown of thorns before He was crucified. What does Christ’s suffering mean to you?

2 Corinthians 12:7 speaks of an aspect of the Holy Spirit called "satan", which impedes the manifestations of the devil in, and removes them from, humans - IOW, the "thorn" in that verse is not an angel of the devil, including because the devil would (try to) make the human heart/mind be conceited rather than (to) impede the manifestation of conceit in humans; the scriptural word "satan" means not only adversary but also remover/destroyer, so the manifestation of the "darkness" called "satan" is an adversary of God and tries to destroy His works, while that aspect of the Holy Spirit called "satan" is an adversary of the devil and destroys his works as well as removing his manifestations from humans

the devil tried to make St Paul show conceit, while the Holy Spirit in its aspect called "satan" impeded the manifestation of conceit in St Paul

Blessings

Silly.  

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, simplejeff said:

Actualliy far worse than this is artificial salvation.   Many who were once involved willingly with the demons,

got tricked into a 'fake' salvation - by the enemy (demons) - so that they could continue to control their lives.

This is not hard to see - but it is not permitted to point out to anyone that they are controlled or deceived by demons if they claim to be a Christian.  Thus,  the true salvation, freedom in Christ by His Blood, is never realized (online anyway) for many, and many false teachings and ideas get passed on by them as well (online and in person, in their churches, friends, families etc) ....

Realization of the full truth is not permitted,  but can be found in the worthychristianlibrary.com - a very thorough desclosure from reading through all the Scripture testimonies of true faith there is potentially very enlightening and helpful in ways that are never seen nor realized on the forum(s) online.

And so few realize this too.    SAY if I RAN a site .   AND I did not allow correction.    I would be held accountable for the blood of all .     THIS IS FACT not fake news.  Fact.

We had all better take our walk far more serious and we had better start allowing the correctors to correct.     I say this with upmost dire warning . 

Cause I assure us all,   if I owned a site.   it would be operated the way a true church should.   aka.........correct fast and do all in hopes of restoring the one in error .

but do Something .    on another site I go to,    the only thing they correct are the ones who correct .   and that is FACT.   this is all wrong and all who do so will be held

accountable , OH NOT TO ME...........I am just a wee thing .   HELD ACCOUNTALBE TO THE GOD WHO NEVER CHANGES no matter if men say he do.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:15 AM, simplejeff said:

We know simply what Yahweh has revealed in His Word:   the thorn = messenger of hasatan.

There are other aspects also known, when revealed by Yahweh, in Scripture,  without adding to and without taking away from Scripture.

No.   In Isaiah it is written "HE HAS BORNE all of our guilt and shame"  (wonderful lesson titled "communion" by Melissa Scott reveals this and much more from the original language) ...

and Paul knew the supreme unimaginable immense without measure JOY OF EXPERIENTIAL SALVATION IN JESUS ,

not only Paul,

but all ekklesia in the assemblies immersed in Jesus' Name were CONTINUALLY FULL OF PEACE< JOY< AND RIGHTEOUSNESS<

not sometimes, not some days, but DAILY;

not laying around in depression,  scullduggery ,  or 'moody' even... but REJOICING IN THE RESURRECTION LIFE OF JESUS walking and living IN UNION WITH JESUS DAILY....  WONDERFULLY......  UNheard of in most places on earth then, and same today......

The thing is...........paul SPECIFICALLY SAYS why it was allowed.  it, as you said, HAS squat to do with past sins.

IT was due to all those revelations paul had received .    It humbled him, so as he would not be exalted above measure for all the revelations he had been given.

God allows chastisements for OUR OWN GOOD.    but most would rather sit under a god who those that he loves gives em that money and allows for JESUS sayings

to be twisted so as they can have their own sinful hearts desire.    PS..........I BET YA KNOW what god that is.........................The Deciever satan himself .  who

rules the hearts of all whose heart follows the flesh and not the SPIRIT .    He has many captive now .  many.

For I say that he who is servant to sin is in bondage and it not free  , no matter if men says they are  .   WHOM the son sets FREE IS FREE.   

32 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Cause I assure us all,   if I owned a site.   it would be operated the way a true church should.   aka.........correct fast and do all in hopes of restoring the one in error .

But it takes money to run a site,  and not enough people want the truth to visit a site if they are told the truth, 

so something else instead of truth is used to draw them in ( to pay money).

10 hours ago, simplejeff said:

Silly.  

what is silly?

Blessings

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,157
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

7 hours ago, ytLiJC said:

what is silly?

Blessings

The convolution you are in with light and darkness... God has no part with lie ~ truth stands eternal while lie writhes in eternal torment in a lake of fire of God's wrath!

4 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The convolution you are in with light and darkness... God has no part with lie ~ truth stands eternal while lie writhes in eternal torment in a lake of fire of God's wrath!

the more we go into scientific depths, the more we have convolutions, which is why the systematic reading and study of scriptures is full of convolutions, because either we have a gift from the Holy Spirit to understand the truth of God (directly) or we can go into scientific depths and thus into convolutions if we go in for Bible study

or we can simply believe that God is God, good is good, and, darkness is darkness, evil is evil - we can just call things by their real names, because, i hope you also understand, the One Who is really the true God is not sinful

simply, the mechanism of the contrainteraction between the "Light" and the "darkness" may be very complicated to understand in detail (for example how the devil could be positive when he is naturally/inherently negative)

Blessings

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Excellent thread!

Just my opinion:

I believe we were not told what Paul's thorn was for his struggle would serve as an example for all believers who would follow him...by that I mean.....live after.... I believe we all have our thorn, and if we approach it as did Paul, we will allow God to reveal His power through us.